* Official Auburn vs. Alabama State Game Thread *

abw0004

Hopefully Harsin rips that ass in the locker room and we come our and have 2 solid drives in the 2nd half, fix this bull**** on the field, and get off healthy before the 2nd string comes in

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

If Bo is losing composure vs Alabama State that is a terrible sign for the rest of the season. Trying to remain optimistic but yikes

Good grief dude. You sound a little yikes yourself. Exaggerate much?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Just in the last few years, all of these were double digit wins at 11 am:

2016 vs MSU

2017 at A&M

2017 vs Ole Miss

2019 at Arkansas

Double digit win means nothing. We will win by double digits today. We have had a history this decade of playing poorly on 11am games. Slow starts. Penalties. Drops. Lapse of judgments. You name it.

• Like 1

At least we will find out one thing today about coach H. If this team comes out of the locker room ready to play ball then he got on their butts if not then we might have problems Houston. 🤔

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

Also my point of the let's say gung ho Bo guys this is why you don't be a smart ass and talk smack because now the guys who were getting crap last week are now going to come and have replies.....and they are well within their right because they would essentially just be doing what was done to them last week.

We should all be cordial to each other good or bad

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

More annoyed with OL and WRs right now than Bo.

Same. Two drops for obvious touchdowns. Score *should* look a lot better than it does. We just look sleepy out there. No energy.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Double digit win means nothing. We will win by double digits today. We have had a history this decade of playing poorly on 11am games. Slow starts. Penalties. Drops. Lapse of judgments. You name 

I listed double digit wins vs SEC teams, not FCS clubs.  There is a difference.

And go look at some of the scores.

2017 at A&M was 42-27

That Arkansas game was 51-10.

11 am is a bad excuse that people love to use, despite it being arbitrary.  We've played a lot of bad games at night in the last decade, but no one seems to mind.

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

Same. Two drops for obvious touchdowns. Score *should* look a lot better than it does. We just look sleepy out there. No energy.

Yup. Could easily be 35-0. Hell if the student section didn't screech on a 4th and goal we probably have a TD there too.

It's Alabama st and early.....probably weren't as focused as we need to be. We are going to have to grow into how to be consistent winners and learn. We won't have all the habits right now as a team. 

We are going to have peaks and valleys

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Good grief dude. You sound a little yikes yourself. Exaggerate much?

Fair enough. He's improved in some areas. Not bailing clean pockets and playing within system. But I don't think it's an exaggeration to think it's a bad sign that he's still panicking when things break down vs an FCS team

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

That’s why I’m not overreacting. Bo has looked good for the most part as has the defense. Just simple things that we should be able to clean up before next week 

Edited by AuburnTiger4Life
  • Like 1

Just now, Zeek said:

Yup. Could easily be 35-0. Hell if the student section didn't screech on a 4th and goal we probably have a TD there too.

And I even forgot about the delay of game on the 1 yard line. Just a really ugly half of ball on offense. We look tighter than we did last week. They don’t look like they’re having fun like last week. 

1 minute ago, AU_Canoe said:

Tough to watch and a lot of things we can't do against a good team. It will be interesting to see if we can come out as a second half team and clean ourselves up. 

The good thing is you can't just judge off a game. I believe we will be a lot more zoned in next week. This is a good EARLY HUMBLING EXPERIENCE for the coaching staff and players. We will see how they respond. I want 42 points in the second half

Edited by DAG

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

That’s why I’m not overreacting. No has looked good for the most part as has the defense. Just simple things that we should be able to clean up before next week 

Yeah, I’m not really worried about winning. I’m confident we will win. I just want to see preparedness and fire. Now that I think about it, perhaps our guys are just coasting and looking at next week?

Edited by Auburn Tiger

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Hhhmm, so Nix not getting under center until the play clock was at 3 was the fans fault?

• Like 1

This is good for this team to help them grow through adversity. If we come out firing on all cylinders it’s a good sign, but if not we need to get it figured out before next Saturday.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I listed double digit wins vs SEC teams, not FCS clubs.  There is a difference.

And go look at some of the scores.

2017 at A&M was 42-27

That Arkansas game was 51-10.

11 am is a bad excuse that people love to use, despite it being arbitrary.  We've played a lot of bad games at night in the last decade, but no one seems to mind.

Then let me rephrase it we have played a lot of bad games against crappy teams early in the morning . Does that help? 

Just now, toddc said:

This is good for this team to help them grow through adversity. If we come out firing on all cylinders it’s a good sign, but if not we need to get it figured out before next Saturday.

I was hoping the adversity would be next week but you are completely right

• Like 1

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

Hhhmm, so Nix not getting under center until the play clock was at 3 was the fans fault?

No. That was his fault. He should have called timeout.