Biden catching hell for a hasty withdrawal yet Trump signed order 8 days after election.

AU9377

Biden is NOT catching hell for a hasty withdrawal. He is catching hell for a bungled withdrawal and rightfully so. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Since when did Biden agree with any of Trump’s policies that were in place when he took office?   That is the lamest excuse ever uttered by anyone.   The Biden administration could have renegotiated the day they took over.   They completely did away with what was happening at the southern border (and by the way) while a pandemic was going on and still going on.   

to think that the way the withdrawal happened was  tied to Trump is delusional.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Since when did Biden agree with any of Trump’s policies that were in place when he took office?   That is the lamest excuse ever uttered by anyone.   The Biden administration could have renegotiated the day they took over.   They completely did away with what was happening at the southern border (and by the way) while a pandemic was going on and still going on.   

to think that the way the withdrawal happened was  tied to Trump is delusional.   

What is truly delusional is thinking that any withdrawal ordered to take place on a much shorter timeline would have been any less messy.  I supported Trump's decision to get out of Afghanistan when he first announced those intentions.  I also believe that bringing 100,000 Afghans to the U.S. is more than enough and that the whining about leaving people behind would have happened whether that number was 200,000 or 300,000.  The fact is that the Afghans have never been willing to fight for decency in their own government and no foreign power can change that.

The point of the information in this post is to illustrate how off the mark any perception is that claims Biden is somehow showing weakness or indecisiveness in his decision making.  In typical fashion, you all fail to acknowledge that the prior administration's chaotic and unstructured approach to all things concerning the military would have been even more chaotic and disjointed.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

What is truly delusional is thinking that any withdrawal ordered to take place on a much shorter timeline would have been any less messy.  I supported Trump's decision to get out of Afghanistan when he first announced those intentions.  I also believe that bringing 100,000 Afghans to the U.S. is more than enough and that the whining about leaving people behind would have happened whether that number was 200,000 or 300,000.  The fact is that the Afghans have never been willing to fight for decency in their own government and no foreign power can change that.

The point of the information in this post is to illustrate how off the mark any perception is that claims Biden is somehow showing weakness or indecisiveness in his decision making.  In typical fashion, you all fail to acknowledge that the prior administration's chaotic and unstructured approach to all things concerning the military would have been even more chaotic and disjointed.

There is soooooo much wrong with the Democrats’ talking points.  First the Afghans lost over 50,000 lives trying to fight for their own government over the years we were there.  The reason they did fight was to establish their own government and because they had support the US Military provided.  The only time they cut bait was when Joe closed down Bagram Airbase and the close in air support was taken away.  Joe didn’t even tell his allies he was doing it.

As to the 100,000 Afghans being flown out, that was more of a first come first serve type of approach so we really don’t know who we have in the country.  The problem with leaving people behind is that some of those left behind were AMERICAN CITIZENS and GREEN CARD HOLDERS who couldn’t make it to the airport because the Taliban had control of Kabul.

Joe Biden personifies weakness to our allies because of the way he got out of Afghanistan.  The Taliban has been emboldened by Joe’s actions, the UN is going to send $600 million dollars to feed the poor and children now desolate by Joe because the UN knows how the Taliban operate.  And let me be clear; as soon as that money lands in Afghanistan, the Taliban will seize control of it and the poor and children will some money, but the majority will go to feed the Taliban’s power.  So in essence this money is a bribe.

We still have charter flight with American citizens on them that the Taliban will not let leave.  We have a hostage situation that is not yet public.  Let’s see what Joe does.

As to Joe’s claim he only followed through with what Trump negotiated, what Leader who do that if he thought it was not a good idea?  Only a Leader that is weak and indecisive would do something like that.  Joe wanted out by 9/11, why?  He got his wish.

I don’t know if you know the latest about our Military leaders, but there may have been a reason you perceived military to be chaotic and disjointed under Trump.  This information is new, but IF it is true, may God help us.

U.S. General Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called General Li Zuocheng of the People’s Liberation Army on Oct. 30, 2020 - four days before the election - and again on Jan. 8, two days after Trump supporters led a deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol, the newspaper reported.

In the calls, Milley sought to assure Li the United States was stable and not going to attack and, if there were to be an attack, he would alert his counterpart ahead of time, the report said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-top-general-secretly-called-china-twice-trump-term-ended-report-2021-09-14/

Can you imagine if Trump was re-elected?  There could have been a true coup with military support.  That insurrection nonsense would not have had the backing of our Military Leadership.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

There is soooooo much wrong with the Democrats’ talking points.  First the Afghans lost over 50,000 lives trying to fight for their own government over the years we were there.  The reason they did fight was to establish their own government and because they had support the US Military provided.  The only time they cut bait was when Joe closed down Bagram Airbase and the close in air support was taken away.  Joe didn’t even tell his allies he was doing it.

As to the 100,000 Afghans being flown out, that was more of a first come first serve type of approach so we really don’t know who we have in the country.  The problem with leaving people behind is that some of those left behind were AMERICAN CITIZENS and GREEN CARD HOLDERS who couldn’t make it to the airport because the Taliban had control of Kabul.

Joe Biden personifies weakness to our allies because of the way he got out of Afghanistan.  The Taliban has been emboldened by Joe’s actions, the UN is going to send $600 million dollars to feed the poor and children now desolate by Joe because the UN knows how the Taliban operate.  And let me be clear; as soon as that money lands in Afghanistan, the Taliban will seize control of it and the poor and children will some money, but the majority will go to feed the Taliban’s power.  So in essence this money is a bribe.

We still have charter flight with American citizens on them that the Taliban will not let leave.  We have a hostage situation that is not yet public.  Let’s see what Joe does.

As to Joe’s claim he only followed through with what Trump negotiated, what Leader who do that if he thought it was not a good idea?  Only a Leader that is weak and indecisive would do something like that.  Joe wanted out by 9/11, why?  He got his wish.

I don’t know if you know the latest about our Military leaders, but there may have been a reason you perceived military to be chaotic and disjointed under Trump.  This information is new, but IF it is true, may God help us.

U.S. General Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called General Li Zuocheng of the People’s Liberation Army on Oct. 30, 2020 - four days before the election - and again on Jan. 8, two days after Trump supporters led a deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol, the newspaper reported.

In the calls, Milley sought to assure Li the United States was stable and not going to attack and, if there were to be an attack, he would alert his counterpart ahead of time, the report said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-top-general-secretly-called-china-twice-trump-term-ended-report-2021-09-14/

Can you imagine if Trump was re-elected?  There could have been a true coup with military support.  That insurrection nonsense would not have had the backing of our Military Leadership.

Sounds like you don't think much about the integrity of our military.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Not since they bungled the withdrawal.  It’s the service men and women that I feel have high integrity, its the generals that advised the Commander in Chief to withdraw the way they did without integrity.  When Joe said all his military generals were unanimous with their agreement to his plan, I thought he was lying.  After the revelation about General Milley, I thing the military’s leadership is as weak as Joe.

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not since they bungled the withdrawal.  It’s the service men and women that I feel have high integrity, its the generals that advised the Commander in Chief to withdraw the way they did without integrity.  When Joe said all his military generals were unanimous with their agreement to his plan, I thought he was lying.  After the revelation about General Milley, I thing the military’s leadership is as weak as Joe.

That weird. Since they were all service men at one point, I wonder where in their journey all those generals lost their integrity? 

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

That weird. Since they were all service men at one point, I wonder where in their journey all those generals lost their integrity? 

When they became more political than doing their jobs.  There isn’t an Eisenhower or Patton in the bunch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Much like many principals forget what it's like to be a teacher (many of them teach the bare minimum number of years (3 or 4) before going off to seek those principal credentials), I'd have no trouble believing that some of the top brass got there by turning into obsequious, ass-kissing political animals to migrate up the military food chain, and forget what it's like to be an enlisted grunt or a lowly 2LT.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

When they became more political than doing their jobs.  There isn’t an Eisenhower or Patton in the bunch.

Glad you know all of them, and are here to advise us of their failings.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, SLAG-91 said:

Much like many principals forget what it's like to be a teacher (many of them teach the bare minimum number of years (3 or 4) before going off to seek those principal credentials), I'd have no trouble believing that some of the top brass got there by turning into obsequious, ass-kissing political animals to migrate up the military food chain, and forget what it's like to be an enlisted grunt or a lowly 2LT.

Yep, every single principal is like that. Good call.

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Glad you know all of them, and are here to advise us of their failings.

It’s obvious that Milley and Austin fit that bill.  Let others take their place and if they have to make decisions under stress, even you can tell if they are worth their salt.  Will Biden make the hard call?  Will Milley fall on his sword?  How about Austin?

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s obvious that Milley and Austin fit that bill.  Let others take their place and if they have to make decisions under stress, even you can tell if they are worth their salt.  Will Biden make the hard call?  Will Milley fall on his sword?  How about Austin?

Oh yes, obvious.

So if every one of them has lost their integrity, how do you find a general that hasn't? Ask if they agree with Trump and if they do, they're gold?

I notice you didn't include Miller. Gee, I wonder why?

Edited by Leftfield

33 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Oh yes, obvious.

So if every one of them has lost their integrity, how do you find a general that hasn't? Ask if they agree with Trump and if they do, they're gold?

I notice you didn't include Miller. Gee, I wonder why?

Like I said, if they are faced with decisions under stress and accomplish their mission, you’ve got a good one.  He/she must be accountable to his/her soldiers beneath them while completing his/her mission.  NO ONE LEFT BEHIND is being accountable to the US.

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This is so wrong. Biden ignored military intelligence and demanded withdrawal without a coherent plan. Thus the cluster****. 

Show us the cluster**** withdrawals from the prior admin. I'll wait.

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

When intel told them their plan would fail but they said yes anyway.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Understatement

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

When intel told them their plan would fail but they said yes anyway.

And clearly Milley, a Trump appointee, would have done things differently if the pullout had proceeded under Trump, right?

6 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

And clearly Milley, a Trump appointee, would have done things differently if the pullout had proceeded under Trump, right?

Exactly

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Good to know.

What color is the sky in your world?

Red, white and blue. On Saturdays Orange and blue.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Not the senior leadership with Millie at the helm. We will however be the most woke military out there.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

SHHHHHH......nobody tell these guys that Trump nominated every single member of the current Joint Chiefs!

SHHHHH.....nobody tell these guys Trump is no longer in charge of the current Joint Chiefs!