UCF at Louisville

looney

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i am pretty sure the fans were warned ..............lol

Seemed like a decent enough play call to me. They were expecting run. If the pass isn't tipped and intercepted, they're at least in close FG range and possibly have a TD. But it was tipped. Seems to me on this forum that no matter what the former coach does, it's wrong. To me, he's just a coach for another team and what happened is just football. Were folks expecting UCF to go undefeated?

• Thanks 1

That pass was a good call, it hit the receiver in the chest and bounced off for the int. If the guy makes the catch, he's going for some major yardage if not a TD. A coach can put them in a position to win but he cannot make a play for them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Seemed like a decent enough play call to me. They were expecting run. If the pass isn't tipped and intercepted, they're at least in close FG range and possibly have a TD. But it was tipped. Seems to me on this forum that no matter what the former coach does, it's wrong. To me, he's just a coach for another team and what happened is just football. Were folks expecting UCF to go undefeated?

Yep, at least until they get to Cincinnati. 

UCF was averaging about 8 yards a carry in the second half. Should have ran the ball twice, and kicked the field goal, or gone to overtime. 

Bottom line is UCF is the more talented team by a long shot, and couldn't pull off the win. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That pass was a good call, it hit the receiver in the chest and bounced off for the int. If the guy makes the catch, he's going for some major yardage if not a TD. 

Yup. Watching the replay, if he holds onto the ball, he's crossing the defense and the next UL defensive player he'd have to get by is eight to ten yards (at least) across the field. Tough luck for UCF.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Bottom line is UCF is the more talented team by a long shot, and couldn't pull off the win. 

Huh. Had to do a double take. For a second I thought you were talking about Ohio State vs. Oregon last week. :) 

13 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Huh. Had to do a double take. For a second I thought you were talking about Ohio State vs. Oregon last week. :) 

On edit...

Costly loss for UCF in more ways than one. Starting QB Dillon Gabriel appears to be seriously injured and possibly out for a while, and he's not the only starter that was injured.

Malzahn's post-game presser...

9 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

On edit...

Costly loss for UCF in more ways than one. Starting QB Dillon Gabriel appears to be seriously injured and possibly out for a while, and he's not the only starter that was injured.

Malzahn's post-game presser...

Let me paraphrase; "It's not the end of the world"

8 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Let me paraphrase; "It's not the end of the world"

Perhaps the hidden greatness of Joey Gatewood will finally emerge?

• Haha 1

Twitter has been lit up with angry UCF fans. They felt their QB was handicapped too in play calls. I think it was their worst passing stats in years.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He's definitely great at handing off the ball.  Maybe he'll get to throw it a little.

Naw, prolly not.

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If he's that good at hiding things he needs to be a magician. That kind of sleight of hand would be unmatched. :)  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Yup. Watching the replay, if he holds onto the ball, he's crossing the defense and the next UL defensive player he'd have to get by is eight to ten yards (at least) across the field. Tough luck for UCF.

No Doubt.

Even after a great week of practice.