UCF at Louisville

looney

Dangit. Why is it I just can't help pulling for Gus?

I haven't watched much of this one, but tuning in for the last few minutes.

Hoping they pull it off.

(Aaaand... they just scored to tie it - pending PAT)

It's sort of interesting to see "our" old offense from a team that I'm not invested in. It isn't as painful, somehow, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, looney said:

How is Gus so much more grey now than last season? Haha.

I was wondering the same thing. For a second I thought he had dyed his hair blonde until I got a closer look.

Exciting Game.

What might be worse for UCF and Gus is their QB Gabriel got hurt on that last play.

UCF beat writer says he eventually got up on his own power but was holding a lower area of his body and looked to be in pain.

39 minutes ago, looney said:

Dangit. Why is it I just can't help pulling for Gus?

I haven't watched much of this one, but tuning in for the last few minutes.

Hoping they pull it off.

(Aaaand... they just scored to tie it - pending PAT)

I have no problem personally with Gus. I'm sure outside of football he is probably a really nice guy. I wish him all the success wherever he goes. I'm just really happy he isn't our coach anymore.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Gus went full Gus and lost that game.  Reading UCF fans' twitter and seeing their heads explode in real time is hilarious.

Didn't watch the game but from what I've read UCF was running the ball well, had 3 timeouts and on the opponents 41 yard line. Gus calls a pass play instead of running the ball to get better field goal position. And throughout the game he was running A LOT of screens. I'm so glad he's not coaching Auburn anymore.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Didn't watch the game but from what I've read UCF was running the ball well, had 3 timeouts and on the opponents 41 yard line. Gus calls a pass play instead of running the ball to get better field goal position. And throughout the game he was running A LOT of screens. I'm so glad he's not coaching Auburn anymore.

They were running for nearly 6 yards a carry!  And he calls a pass.  It was just typical Gus "Do the opposite of what you should do here" play calls and it cost him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Man what a relief to not be on the receiving end of #GusBall. It's certainly more entertaining when it's not your team he's coaching. Why the hell didn't he run it up the middle three times and kick a field goal? They were running at will in the second half. 

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

It’s almost like Gus doesn’t have the same defense he had at Auburn and can’t get away with bad play calling anymore 

But thats the thing!  Louisville tried to give him the game in the final minute and he said "Nah, I'm good."

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Gus went full Gus and lost that game.  Reading UCF fans' twitter and seeing their heads explode in real time is hilarious.

i am pretty sure the fans were warned ..............lol

• Like 1