WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's not about rumors. I don't know how you watch our offensive line against GSU and think that Will Friend deserves to work one more day for this program, much less past the end of the season. Nevermind that he doesn't have a single offensive tackle committed. 

Our defensive backs have performed well south of their talent the last two games. And we're probably going to just sit and watch on the job training there. Because Harsin doesn't already have one of his Boise guys on deck.

A lot of the opinions offered here are based on observations and not rumors. Sure, they might get amplified when they align with rumors but logic is logic.

Genuine question though: how much of the offensive line is a talent issue vs a coaching issue? I guess to kinda answer my own question, any Oline of ours should be able to whip GA state…but then to not answer my own question, are they just not going to cut it or is Friend really dropping the ball?

when you add players lining up in the wrong places and running wrong routes or running good routes badly i can understand why harsin let him go. the pic appears to be tj but i wonder how many times it happened with bo? as bad as i feel for the young man you cannot expect to win many games. and i doubt anyone remembers but harsin said this was a very good team and everyone thought "that guy! always clowning around". and with us having the hardest remaining schedule in football i can understand he could not wait. and lets be real harsin would lose his job over stuff like that in a new york minute and those being honest will admit it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Genuine question though: how much of the offensive line is a talent issue vs a coaching issue? I guess to kinda answer my own question, any Oline of ours should be able to whip GA state…but then to not answer my own question, are they just not going to cut it or is Friend really dropping the ball?

Sure they should…but when you can’t pass, teams stack the box.  They had 8+ down there much of the game…that’s hard on your OL.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Yes.

I think a reasonable argument can be made that their is talent in the receivers room. Maybe not elite level talent, but talent that is good enough to win. O-line on the other hand is completely devoid of talent. They looked terrible Saturday but played their best game in 3 years against Penn State. I believe we only had one false start in the white out, and Nix had time for the most part. I am not huge on Friend, but I don't think he should be fired. We need some stability in that room, and we are also making moves in recruiting right now for o-line. Friend is also the one who supposedly told Harsin to take Jarquez Hunter. He's not great, but far from as bad as some of y'all think

• Like 1

Lol so how does this board know if somebody ran the wrong route or not? Somebody could come and say safety hasn't done anything right this season next you would see is yeah I noticed that too! 

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

I think a reasonable argument can be made that their is talent in the receivers room. Maybe not elite level talent, but talent that is good enough to win. O-line on the other hand is completely devoid of talent. They looked terrible Saturday but played their best game in 3 years against Penn State. I believe we only had one false start in the white out, and Nix had time for the most part. I am not huge on Friend, but I don't think he should be fired. We need some stability in that room, and we are also making moves in recruiting right now for o-line. Friend is also the one who supposedly told Harsin to take Jarquez Hunter. He's not great, but far from as bad as some of y'all think

I'm curious as to why is that. Why can it be said wr's have talent but the o line don't?

• Like 1

It's interesting as well that there are no noticeable complaints and then one game BOOM guys aren't out on the field that's fireable!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm curious as to why is that. Why can it be said wr's have talent but the o line don't?

Guess I'm crazy but a lot of conversation about how poorly the previous staff recruited O-line. So bad that we are starting a guard at right tackle and have no depth. Hudson seems pretty good and Canion/Capers/Johnson Jr seem to have potential. Maybe they suck since they can't get on the field. I question why they aren't getting on the field over Shed and D-rob 

Just now, au302 said:

Guess I'm crazy but a lot of conversation about how poorly the previous staff recruited O-line. So bad that we are starting a guard at right tackle and have no depth. Hudson seems pretty good and Canion/Capers/Johnson Jr seem to have potential. Maybe they suck since they can't get on the field. I question why they aren't getting on the field over Shed and D-rob 

Ok so you're saying more eye test as opposed to ratings

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

The offensive line definitely sucks. But consider that they went out and got DRob specifically to play in front of those guys.

Maybe it was Corn playing the wrong guys all along but it's also very possible that these receivers aren't any more talented than the OL. There certainly isn't any way anyone can definitively say they are.

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol so how does this board know if somebody ran the wrong route or not? Somebody could come and say safety hasn't done anything right this season next you would see is yeah I noticed that too! 

because people have said so including wde. you said in another thread receivers talked to sammi and other players and yet you think it is a stretch for coaches to not say anything to friends? or even going to the ad with the problem and wanting to let corn go? ok winky have fun with that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok so you're saying more eye test as opposed to ratings

Yes. I'm far from an expert, but it doesn't seem to take one to look at that OL and see theirs not much. Hamm is a guard, Brahms is barely 300 lbs with poor strength, Council looks terrible and probably hurt, and Trox is on his fourth knee or something. Those receivers at least look like they have potential to me, but I acknowledge that it's unproven since they are young and inexperienced. I haven't checked rankings, so I'm sure they're not as highly rated as o-line, which is disturbing. Burns should have gotten even more heat if that's the case imo

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

because people have said so including wde. you said in another thread receivers talked to sammi and other players and yet you think it is a stretch for coaches to not say anything to friends? or even going to the ad with the problem and wanting to let corn go? ok winky have fun with that.

Lol. What do you even be saying? Ok weepy

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

No and we more then likely will never know for sure.

if that is the receiver from jawja i thought i saw him in for one play. another person on one of our threads said he ducked from a tackler instead of going for the ball. take that with a grain of salt because i did not see it but no one called the person saying it out.

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Yes. I'm far from an expert, but it doesn't seem to take one to look at that OL and see theirs not much. Hamm is a guard, Brahms is barely 300 lbs with poor strength, Council looks terrible and probably hurt, and Trox is on his fourth knee or something. Those receivers at least look like they have potential to me, but I acknowledge that it's unproven since they are young and inexperienced. I haven't checked rankings, so I'm sure they're not as highly rated as o-line, which is disturbing. Burns should have gotten even more heat if that's the case imo

Ok. I gotcha. Brahms was first team. But I was just wondering what you looked at. I see where you coming from

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The offensive line definitely sucks. But consider that they went out and got DRob specifically to play in front of those guys.

Maybe it was Corn playing the wrong guys all along but it's also very possible that these receivers aren't any more talented than the OL. There certainly isn't any way anyone can definitively say they are.

That's what I want to know, and we'll probably see on Saturday. People have mentioned that we saw a lot more rotation and young receivers on Saturday. Question is was that because Harsin took over or did Corn just say screw it and go rogue by putting them in. I've seen both stated. If Harsin did take over, then Corn deserved what he got imo. If the latter, then I'm very concerned

• Like 1

I have hired and fired hundreds of people.  Some within days of hiring them.  Anyone can ace an interview and create a great resume.  Until you see them perform within your environment nothing is proven.  I have hung onto people for too long thinking they are gonna work out and as a result missed out on others.   The thing I learned is that you know when you need to make a change and no matter how tough the decision is you do it when you know you need to.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol. What do you even be saying? Ok weepy

stupid statements like players talking to older players from back in the day and then questioning how people know if a player is running a wrong route is what makes you a joke. other than that mean streak with you always trying to make someone look stupid because they are not as knowledgeable  to make yourself feel better. i am sorry i hurt your feelings sugar.;

• Haha 1