new tailgating rules

AUHansel

I know they had the fan forums about tailgating this offseason, but does anybody know what they are planning on changing? They have pushed a lot of fans off of campus and I was wondering if they would let people park closer to the stadium or even on the concourse again. Does anyone have any insight?

I think there was an article in the Georgia game program talking about how sorry the athletic department was for making the plains a less and less fan friendly place for gameday and how they planned to reverse some of the things they did including removing many of the bollards. It didn't sound like they were really going to do anything to me, but one can hope.

One thing they need to do away with are those DAMN HIGHLIGHT ROPES....

I have no problem in people lining off a reasonable space for their families/friends....But my god, I sware people are lining off a damn acre for a group of 5 people. It prevents other people from parking in better places and alot of conflicts happen. I know I got in an argument with a fellow auburn fan because I asked him why he needed a damn acre for his group of 4 people.

Either do away with the roping or set guidelines on how big you can group it off....no excuse to be roping off a whole yard when you can downsize it a bit for other fans.

Either do away with the roping or set guidelines on how big you can group it off....no excuse to be roping off a whole yard when you can downsize it a bit for other fans.

167618[/snapback]

I do agree with you here Vatz, people get way too carried away with how much space they think they need, but I don't agree with the other opinions.

I, for one, think they have improved the tailgating in Auburn.

IMO by putting up the grey cement barriers and keeping cars from parking EVERYWHERE has made it a much prettier & enjoyable tailgating experience.

Especially for those of us who have kids, it's much less dangerous without all those cars trying to pull in everywhere and a lot more room for them to play.

Also the walk from taigating to the stadium is much easier not having to dodge all the cars.

We may have to park a little further away to get to our spot, but IMHO well worth it.

167618[/snapback]

I do agree with you here Vatz, people get way too carried away with how much space they think they need, but I don't agree with the other opinions.

I, for one, think they have improved the tailgating in Auburn.

IMO by putting up the grey cement barriers and keeping cars from parking EVERYWHERE has made it a much prettier & enjoyable tailgating experience.

Especially for those of us who have kids, it's much less dangerous without all those cars trying to pull in everywhere and a lot more room for them to play.

Also the walk from taigating to the stadium is much easier not having to dodge all the cars.

We may have to park a little further away to get to our spot, but IMHO well worth it.

167621[/snapback]

I agree 100% Ravad.

Vatz, we got into the same type argument at the UGA game. We were parking the night before on a corner and there were a couple of lounge chairs on the curb. Nothing for 30 yards on either side of the chairs. We pulled in and this guy comes out hollering about us ignoring those chairs and how he had the whole area reserved for some friends coming in TOMORROW.

He had the other side of his bus all roped off with yellow tape as well. I am not exagerrating when I say the guy had a half acre "reserved". Sorry fella' but sticking two lounge chairs in a field doesn't constitute ownership.

Where we park now, there are shuttle busses running constantly so there's never any real long walks to or from the stadium unless we want to walk around and soak it all in.

Vatz, we got into the same type argument at the UGA game.  We were parking the night before on a corner and there were a couple of lounge chairs on the curb.  Nothing for 30 yards on either side of the chairs.  We pulled in and this guy comes out hollering about us ignoring those chairs and how he had the whole area reserved for some friends coming in TOMORROW.

He had the other side of his bus all roped off with yellow tape as well.  I am not exagerrating when I say the guy had a half acre "reserved".  Sorry fella' but sticking two lounge chairs in a field doesn't constitute ownership. 

Where we park now, there are shuttle busses running constantly so there's never any real long walks to or from the stadium unless we want to walk around and soak it all in.

167637[/snapback]

I hate to hear that...It really sucks when I have to get into an argument with a fellow fan because him/her is being a little greedy. Its almost like some of these motor homes and buses have a front yard, and back yard!!!!! They make it the same size as the yards at home! I just think its very greedy and unthoughtful.

I do agree that whatever people tape off needs to be used. My group normally gets a pretty big spot but almost every foot of that spot contains a car or people tailgating. I think that they should limit where people park to an extent, but I believe that they took too much away. Places right around the stadium are now all but completely inaccessable by car. That makes for a big hassle when setting up for tailgating. Carrying everything to a spot can be very hard when you have grills, coolers, food, tables, ect... I just liked the way it used to be. They were too quick to change everything without getting insight from the fans. They should have had these "fan forums" before they changed everything to get some more input.

(un)OFFICIAL AU TAILGATING RULES 2005:

1.) All vehicles must park in at least Opelika, if not farther way.

2.) All tailgaters must contribute to the AU Pole fund. All proceedes will go to building more brown poles around campus for obvious beAUtification.

3.) Fans will not be allowed on any grass on campus.

4.) No tailgating within a 50 miles radious of JH Stadium.

:rolleyes::lol:

The reason for the new rules set last year was a precaution to terrorism. Unfortunately in the world that we live in personal sacrifices must be made for the good of the whole. I lived on campus last year and was unable to get a parking spot. Such is life. For last year's LSU game we were ranked as the 9th most likely terrorist target in the United States (including military bases and government offices). I think that parking a further way away to ensure 87,000 fans' safety is well worth it.

(un)OFFICIAL AU TAILGATING RULES 2005:

1.) All vehicles must park in at least Opelika, if not farther way.

2.) All tailgaters must contribute to the AU Pole fund. All proceedes will go to building more brown poles around campus for obvious beAUtification.

3.) Fans will not be allowed on any grass on campus.

4.) No tailgating within a 50 miles radious of JH Stadium.

:rolleyes:   :lol:

167796[/snapback]

You didn't look close enough when you read these rules. They apply only to bama fans coming in for their whpping at Auburn. :cheer:

Archived