McElroy credits Harsin for sticking with Bo

aubiefifty

I have found that Greg McElroy has matured well in his role. I remember he was a guest on a podcast and chatted about his first season announcing for SEC Network/ESPN and he admitted that he got himself into some verbal confrontations with co-hosts and had to "grow up" quickly. I can't remember which game but he was reprimanded by ESPN for how he talked to a cohost on-air who disagreed with him. LOL. I respect that he is self and situation aware and knew he had to change moving forward. Not everyone is like that. 

To me, it has to be challenging switching into a more neutral role as a sports broadcaster, not to mention there is an art to it. I think David Pollack also had done a great job transitioning. David has mentioned multiple times that your gut wants your to cheer for your alma mater but you truly have to put yourself in an analytical and "centered" professional mindset. 

I agree, Greg does a great job of viewing  "the bigger" picture of college football and the industry. He is not 100% but I have found his feedback insightful and meaningful. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Don't have a link or an exact quote but I recall him voicing support for Bo prior to the game. 

He's a QB, so he's always going to have other QBs' backs.

He also seemed genuinely happy for Auburn.  Maybe that's just because it was LSU, but it didn't come across that way. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fredst said:

@McLoofus: It seems that the irony actually was lost here, lol

Apparently not liking a poorly written article *written by an alleged journalist* is a personal affront. Pistols at dawn next

This place can be worse than the political threads at times. :rolleyes:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, homersapien said:

He also seemed genuinely happy for Auburn.  Maybe that's just because it was LSU, but it didn't come across that way. 

Agreed. He's either a genuinely nice guy or there are bodies in his garage freezer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed. He's either a genuinely nice guy or there are bodies in his garage freezer.

B

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, woodford said:

So anyways remember when Nick Fairley sacked and stripped the ball from McElroy in the 2010 Iron Bowl?

5ddc677f-3f7e-48b2-9a1e-68618e1307a2.siz

9079641-large.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Wo, McElroy goes out on a limb and credits Harsin with making an obvious choice? Finley & Nix's sucess & experience under pressure resumes were SO similar before LSU. Finleys claim to fame was 1 TD vs Ga State  and....he's tall like Cam. TJ might be great for an entire game some day, some where. Hokenson:

Bo Nix will face his 12th top 15 team in what will be his 30th career game at Auburn.

— 40 percent of Nix’s starts are against top 15 opponents. So, basically every other start he’s facing a top 15 team. 

To say he’s battle tested is an understatement.

@AuburnLiveOn3

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AU_Canoe said:

I have found that Greg McElroy has matured well in his role. I remember he was a guest on a podcast and chatted about his first season announcing for SEC Network/ESPN and he admitted that he got himself into some verbal confrontations with co-hosts and had to "grow up" quickly. I can't remember which game but he was reprimanded by ESPN for how he talked to a cohost on-air who disagreed with him. LOL. I respect that he is self and situation aware and knew he had to change moving forward. Not everyone is like that. 

To me, it has to be challenging switching into a more neutral role as a sports broadcaster, not to mention there is an art to it. I think David Pollack also had done a great job transitioning. David has mentioned multiple times that your gut wants your to cheer for your alma mater but you truly have to put yourself in an analytical and "centered" professional mindset. 

I agree, Greg does a great job of viewing  "the bigger" picture of college football and the industry. He is not 100% but I have found his feedback insightful and meaningful. 

I wonder what game that was. I don’t remember that. 

To me, David Pollack is the exact opposite. He’s a tool imo. I’ll take McElroy and Jordan Rodgers over the Gameday crew anyway when it comes to actual analysis. 

22 hours ago, woodford said:

So anyways remember when Nick Fairley sacked and stripped the ball from McElroy in the 2010 Iron Bowl?

i have his auto rookie card..............

On 10/7/2021 at 8:36 AM, woodford said:

I wonder if GingerMac is friends with T-Bell on fb....

• Like 1