Auburn University requiring all employees be vaccinated by December 8th

autiger88

4 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

https://abc3340.com/news/local/university-of-alabama-system-campuses-auburn-employees-must-be-vaccinated-by-december-8

I'm not posting this to start an argument I'm just hoping everyone at AU is vaccinated. I don't want a WSU incident here.

That WSU will not happen here at Auburn I can assure you of that 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

How can u be sure? 

Because this is a premier job and I am sure CBH is smart enough to know this was coming .

If anybody is ignorant enough to give up a great job making more money than they could ever dream of making working 9-5 because they don't want to get a vaccine that has been proven safe and effective, the university doesn't need them around anyhow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Auburn is different than WSU. IF Harsin is not vaccinated, Auburn will have an exemption. 

Not sure Auburn can make an exception to a federal mandate. 

• Like 1

So, in theory, we COULD lose 18%  of our players and an unknown number of coaches. When will the madness over this virus end?  It's no longer about health, it's about control and politics. If it was about health, there would be outbreaks due to 80,000 plus unmasked fans sitting shoulder to shoulder in football stadiums for the past six weeks. Instead of outbreaks, the numbers are going down.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, in theory, we COULD lose 18%  of our players and an unknown number of coaches. When will the madness over this virus end?  It's no longer about health, it's about control and politics. If it was about health, there would be outbreaks due to 80,000 plus unmasked fans sitting shoulder to shoulder in football stadiums for the past six weeks. Instead of outbreaks, the numbers are going down.

82% refers to employees and faculty, not players. The madness will never end until the trial COVID pill is approved. For now, the only way to treat moderate to severe COVID is hospitalization. If this pill is proven effective and authorized, it will then be treated like the seasonal flu, with a shot available and prescription drugs for those who contract it.

Time to start flooding the zone with exemption requests...I work for an entity that does not require it at this point, thank goodness. I'm not even sure where my card is, to be honest...might have accidentally recycled it, for all I know.

I'm not a fan of thoughtless, one-size-fits-none, "just shut up and take the shot, pleb!" mandates, and even less of a fan of decrees that fail to acknowledge those who have already had it as being the equivalent of vaccinated. 

I'd be more inclined to think that we had serious-minded people running things if, for starters, they started vaccinating every last person that gets detained after strolling across our borders illegally.

I'm awaiting the next goalpost move by the CDC (Constantly Doubletalking Committee) regarding what is considered fully vaccinated...you know it's coming.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Not sure Auburn can make an exception to a federal mandate. 

If the federal government has a religious or medical exemption, not sure if they will or won't, Auburn will find a way for Harsin and Pearl to fit into that category. Pretty sure neither would have a medical reason, and I think religious exemptions to a vaccine are odd, but that's what'll happen. 

2 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

If the federal government has a religious or medical exemption, not sure if they will or won't, Auburn will find a way for Harsin and Pearl to fit into that category. Pretty sure neither would have a medical reason, and I think religious exemptions to a vaccine are odd, but that's what'll happen. 

I'm pretty sure Pearl is vaxed. But it seems like Harsin may not based on his not willing to tell the media he is/or isn't.

If he doesn't have a religious reason, then this could be bad, unless he decides he wants to stay at Auburn and succumbs to getting the vaccine. But it has to be quick because to be fully vaccinated by their deadline means he has to have the 2nd shot 2 weeks before Thanksgiving I think....

I hate it has come to this, and I support Harsin initial conviction, but I hope he decides to vaccinate. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DAG said:

Because this is a premier job and I am sure CBH is smart enough to know this was coming .

That may be assurance for you but just sounds like hope to me.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Is the mandate for players?

25 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I'm pretty sure Pearl is vaxed. But it seems like Harsin may not based on his not willing to tell the media he is/or isn't.

If he doesn't have a religious reason, then this could be bad, unless he decides he wants to stay at Auburn and succumbs to getting the vaccine. But it has to be quick because to be fully vaccinated by their deadline means he has to have the 2nd shot 2 weeks before Thanksgiving I think....

I hate it has come to this, and I support Harsin initial conviction, but I hope he decides to vaccinate. 

One thing I can say from my previous line of work in public health and my current in the private sector, that religious exemption can cover a lot of ground if the agency/company wants it to. 

It can be as simple as they turned in the paperwork so they are exempt.

If he has made no enemies in the administration, he will get the exemption if he has not or will not take the shot. 

• Like 1