Auburn University requiring all employees be vaccinated by December 8th

autiger88

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

That may be assurance for you but just sounds like hope to me.

You wanna bet? Sounds like you guys just being super dramatic over nothing. CBH seems like a level headed guy. I expect him to do what majority of the sports world has done . Legitimately , I can only think of two outliers who opted out (kyrie Irving and this WSU coach).That is why I am assured. Cam Newton (presumption) wasn’t vaccinated then as recent as last week, he announced on his platform “hey guys I am vaccinated.” CBH isn’t the only sports person whose had this stance and changed course. Get real.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

You wanna bet? Sounds like you guys just being super dramatic over nothing. CBH seems like a level headed guy. I expect him to do what majority of the sports world has done . Legitimately , I can only think of two outliers who opted out (kyrie Irving and this WSU coach).That is why I am assured. Cam Newton (presumption) wasn’t vaccinated then as recent as last week, he announced on his platform “hey guys I am vaccinated.” CBH isn’t the only sports person whose had this stance and changed course. Get real.

I have no clue whether he is vaccinated, going to be vaccinated, or never going to get vaccinated. I just disagree with you that you are “assured”. Not sure why to say “you guys”.  I followed your post asking you for what your assurance was. I’m not trying to sensationalize anything but the situation does that on it’s own. I’m hoping we never hear anything from anyone. It is my opinion he will treat this as private as possible as that has been his stance in the past.

I was told he was vaccinated, he wasn't about to let his team down again.  I also expect there will be very little in coaching staff changes in almost all AU sports as they listen to the doctors that are hired to take care of their team and not some dipsh@ts on facebook who are too stupid to know they have been a sucker to algorithms.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I was told he was vaccinated, he wasn't about to let his team down again.  I also expect there will be very little in coaching staff changes in almost all AU sports as they listen to the doctors that are hired to take care of their team and not some dipsh@ts on facebook who are too stupid to know they have been a sucker to algorithms.

Hope your source is correct.

Guest MustardSeed

So here we are huh…

the CDC director literally came on CNN a few months ago and admitted on live tv that the vaccine did nothing to stop the spread of the virus. Yet we treat vaccinated and unvaccinated differently. We require testing for the unvaccinated as though they are the only ones that can spread it and don’t require it for the vaccinated as if they can’t be spreading it even though the CDC director herself literally admitted there was no difference in the ability to spread it.  So why are spreading such an obvious lie?  What’s the agenda?  And even better why have become so useless as a people group that we just go along with whatever they tell us?  Do you really trust Fauci and the government?  Like do you really??  
We can also quit the claim that the vaccines are safe and effective. There is MOUNTAINS of evidence proving otherwise.  You just won’t hear about it on American news. Wonder why?Theyll lie to you about how hydroxychloroquine will kill you but it’s so safe it’s an over the counter drug in malaria zones…strange. They’ll tell you Ivermectin is a horse drug, but intentionally not tell you that there are two versions, one for horses and one for humans…just like MANY drugs. Wonder why they lie?  Actually I don’t wonder but I wonder why so many are so gullible and just take their word for it?  There are Pfizer doctors on video telling people not to get the vaccine because it’s not safe. Pfizer isn’t mandating their own vaccine for their own employees.  Care to guess why??  Because they won’t take it and when the Pfizer scientists walk out in protest of a vaccine mandate then the entire house of cards comes crumbling down  so the government will never force them to do so.  Convenient isn’t it.  There are federal doctors on video admitting that many many people are getting sick and dying from the vaccine but that they don’t do the paperwork to call it a vaccine injury because they have intentionally made the paperwork take way too long so that no one fills them out.  Wonder why?  Wonder what the real numbers are?  There are studies that show extremely disturbing numbers…but they get black listed and have their careers destroyed for trying to bring it up.  Wonder why?  What’s the agenda?  Stop thinking with your blind politics and realize that both sides don’t like you and will do whatever it takes to keep you docile and agreeable to whatever they want.

Stop watching the news. Do your own research. It’s all out there. You just have to actually start caring about real truth and stop trusting that someone with and agenda is doing what is best for you.  They don’t care if you die.  They don’t care about Covid. Never did. They saw a good crisis they couldn’t let go to waste. Guess who has the fastest improving Covid count currently….Florida. The anti- government Covid plan state. Odd indeed.  
Bit go ahead, get the next 12 booster shots they’ll require to stay fully vaccinated. They skipped most of the required trials for normal vaccines…and these are nothing like normal vaccines…they pulled the swine flu vaccine and deemed it unsafe after 50 people died.  There are over 10,000 deaths reported from this one and we know most aren’t even being reported. But they’re safe.   Sure. Enjoy the next 12 shots, if you make it that long. I could go into details for hours of all the studies I’ve seen and read. But I’ll spare the board. Most have already decided that anything that doesn’t prove their stance is fake because the so trusted fact checkers said so right?  Good grief we are so lost as a country. 

22 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Is the mandate for players?

I assumed so. Some contend that players are, in a sense, "employees of the university". Do I know for a hard fact that this applies to players? I do not.

21 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Sad state of affairs where we are. Gov. Mee Maw needs to be fighting this tooth and nail.

From what little I've seen on the local news, she is doing what she can. The catch is that the federal gov't is holding much of the purse strings for colleges and universities. The feds have leverage.

Guest MustardSeed
36 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The catch is that the federal gov't is holding much of the purse strings for colleges and universities. The feds have leverage

Literally voluntary ransomware. “Volunteer” our money to the federal government in good faith so they can turn around and tell us to do as they say or we won’t get our money back. I wish there was an easy way to just keep more of our money and let each state take care of itself.  Our bureaucracy is sooo bloated

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I assumed so. Some contend that players are, in a sense, "employees of the university". Do I know for a hard fact that this applies to players? I do not.

From what little I've seen on the local news, she is doing what she can. The catch is that the federal gov't is holding much of the purse strings for colleges and universities. The feds have leverage.

My understanding from reading up on this policy is that players are NOT included in the mandate as they are NOT employeed by the University as no student or student/athlete is...

And it's true unless an Alabama court is involved, our Gov is hand-tied on overruling this policy.

18 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Hope your source is correct.

It will be intersting in his MOnday Presser, if he answers that question, since a reporter is definitely going to ask it.

My thinking, based on his past responses to personal questions, is he will say either "no comment' or just say it is a personal decision that he is not required to give out.

It is a bit surprising that if he is vaccinated, he did it not to let the team down. That doesn't jive with it being such a personal choice for him, and that being his reasoning to begin with.

Guest MustardSeed
6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

It is a bit surprising that if he is vaccinated, he did it not to let the team down. That doesn't jive with it being such a personal choice for him, and that being his reasoning to begin with.

Isn’t doing something you’d rather not do but doing it anyways to help your team still a personal choice?  It takes bravery to refuse to bow to pressure, especially when he could say one word and be done with it. I have no idea what his reasons are, but I fully respect his decision to stand up for what he believes in and not caring what reporters and fans have to say about it. I’ll take a hundred of the same type before one that jumps on the opportunity to please people. 

On 10/23/2021 at 12:33 AM, Mikey said:

So, in theory, we COULD lose 18%  of our players and an unknown number of coaches. When will the madness over this virus end?  It's no longer about health, it's about control and politics. If it was about health, there would be outbreaks due to 80,000 plus unmasked fans sitting shoulder to shoulder in football stadiums for the past six weeks. Instead of outbreaks, the numbers are going down.

The vaccines are a very large part of why we can have full stadiums.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Literally voluntary ransomware. “Volunteer” our money to the federal government in good faith so they can turn around and tell us to do as they say or we won’t get our money back. I wish there was an easy way to just keep more of our money and let each state take care of itself.  Our bureaucracy is sooo bloated

Why is it so hard to believe that the NIH, CDC & Federal government want to do what is necessary to prevent serious illness and death due to this virus?  There is no other motive.  Do vaccine manufacturers make money?  Sure. They also created a highly effective vaccine that has a proven record of safety. 

Expecting for answers to questions to never change while learning about and dealing with a new and highly contagious virus and its variants is simply unrealistic.  There have been mistakes made I am certain, but assuming that those mistakes are signs of bad motives or incompetence is a stretch that only serves to degrade the efforts of many that have worked very hard to prevent the impact of this virus from being much worse than it has been.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

They also created a highly effective vaccine that has a proven record of safety. 

It has a proven record of the worst side effects of any vaccine in history and it’s not even remotely close. But you won’t hear that on the news. So why is it hard to believe they have good intentions?  Because they lie nonstop. And when they get caught lying they move the goalposts. Go do a search on duck duck go or another search engine that doesn’t filter its results to control what you see and the amount of evidence you will find contrary to what you are saying is flat out astounding. 

5 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Isn’t doing something you’d rather not do but doing it anyways to help your team still a personal choice?  It takes bravery to refuse to bow to pressure, especially when he could say one word and be done with it. I have no idea what his reasons are, but I fully respect his decision to stand up for what he believes in and not caring what reporters and fans have to say about it. I’ll take a hundred of the same type before one that jumps on the opportunity to please people. 

I never said he is wrong for what he is doing.

But If he is saying it's a personal choice, and his reasoning is related to his concerns on whats in the vaccine and if he is not satisfied with the testing on it(like many who choose not to take it are saying), then why would he then take it to help his team, when nothing has changed on his reasoning for not taking it?

If he has simply changed his mind, then that is fine too. I guess that is what Cam did, and others who changed their stance. 

Guest MustardSeed
4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I never said he is wrong for what he is doing.

But If he is saying it's a personal choice, and his reasoning is related to his concerns on whats in the vaccine and if he is not satisfied with the testing on it(like many who choose not to take it are saying), then why would he then take it to help his team, when nothing has changed on his reasoning for not taking it?

If he has simply changed his mind, then that is fine too. I guess that is what Cam did, and others who changed their stance. 

What I was getting at is that if he has concerns about it for safety reasons (as he should if you do the research) then if he got it anyways to help his team it was still a personal decision and no ones business. I’d almost respect him more for getting it and still refusing to tell people when he knows they would stop asking if he just said he had it. That’s called character and I respect it. 

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

What I was getting at is that if he has concerns about it for safety reasons (as he should if you do the research) then if he got it anyways to help his team it was still a personal decision and no ones business. I’d almost respect him more for getting it and still refusing to tell people when he knows they would stop asking if he just said he had it. That’s called character and I respect it. 

Oh I agree with that thinking.

Or as he told the reporters on another PC, when asked something personal, his answer was, "And I will never tell you guys". So hope he does keep it to himself, and let them gnaw and write more reports on their personal opinion of what they think and none of care about.

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The vaccines are a very large part of why we can have full stadiums.

Indeed they are. My point is, between those who are vaccinated and those who contacted the virus and now have natural immunity, there is no need for any sort of mandate. If many stadiums full of +- 80,000 people don't cause an increase in cases, the day of mandates for health reasons is over.

13 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Tried to scroll through that essay that was wrote earlier on this page. Unfortunately “do your own research” caught my eye…my moment is ruined 

Yup. Good news is it made it really easy to nope out on that poster permanently. Top-quotes in other threads have further confirmed the wisdom in that decision. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yup. Good news is it made it really easy to nope out on that poster permanently. Top-quotes in other threads have further confirmed the wisdom in that decision. 

I try to separate these contentious threads from the football discussions as best as possible…but it’s hard 

30 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I try to separate these contentious threads from the football discussions as best as possible…but it’s hard 

I hear ya. I have a few "football friends" with whom I don't agree on much else. But not many. Seems certain qualities typically come as a package deal. I know I represent one of those bundles that some (many) others find objectionable. 

On 10/24/2021 at 9:33 AM, steeleagle said:

It will be intersting in his MOnday Presser, if he answers that question, since a reporter is definitely going to ask it.

My thinking, based on his past responses to personal questions, is he will say either "no comment' or just say it is a personal decision that he is not required to give out.

Well you were correct in what he was gonna say 🤣

Stop watching the news. Do your own research. It’s all out there. 

These right here are the magic words.

I'm surprised someone actually typed this out unironically.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I don't believe anything like WSU would happen t5o Auburn because Auburn Univ. and the State of Alabama is MUCH more Conservative than Washington is. 

If an important figure at Auburn is anti-vax I'd eat my own shoe if the University wouldn't be more than happy to grant a religious exemption at the drop of a hat 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

Mandates rub me the wrong way, but I can see both sides of this one. What really bugs me is that there is not an exemption if you have had covid. It's easily determined with a quick blood test, so you can't even lie about it. It's not about the science anymore when you won't allow someone with superior immunity to skip the shot.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2021 at 4:24 PM, MustardSeed said:

It has a proven record of the worst side effects of any vaccine in history and it’s not even remotely close. But you won’t hear that on the news. So why is it hard to believe they have good intentions?  Because they lie nonstop. And when they get caught lying they move the goalposts. Go do a search on duck duck go or another search engine that doesn’t filter its results to control what you see and the amount of evidence you will find contrary to what you are saying is flat out astounding. 

I stopped reading after the first sentence because that is inaccurate.  Period.  Whatever the source is that is telling you that should be ignored.  Simply finding something online does not make it credible.

• Love 1