* Official Auburn vs. Texas A&M Game Thread *

abw0004

I think before the season 99% of us would've been happy with 8-4. No guarantees with a good MSU team up next but it's entirely within reach.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

And Bo plays frantic when things don’t click like it should. This team will get better. It’s the first season. We’ve already seen improvements in a lot of areas. 

Yep, when Bo gets frustrated, he loses it. He was constantly frustrated in Gus' offense and lost it time after time. He got frustrated today, and didn't hold it together. Part of that is an offensive gameplan that is setup to fail. Regardless he has to keep it together, but I'm not stupid enough to put this all on him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AUx said:

Might be headed for a 3-2 match. :poke:

Not facing a Leech offense.

3 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

You guys wanna give bo the heisman for beating subpar teams and excuse his play against decent teams. He has single handed my been a MAJOR factor in all of our losses and if not for Finley would’ve been 5-4 right now.

No excuses but BO is who he is. There is no secret u won’t win with Bo throwing 30 plus times . The staff should have an idea of what each player is capable of. Who on this board don’t know Bo throwing so much is a good idea

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Expect at least 2 QB’s to hit the portal, neither being Bo Nix.

This comment was facepalm’d but this is exactly what happened when Brennan was (rumoredly) unfairly given the backup job to Burrow. There HAS to be a fair process with Nix this off-season. Not saying that there wasn’t last offseason, but it’s mandatory now with how little time it appears Finley and DD will get going forward this season 

• Like 1

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Me too. We have done much better than anticipated. 

We threw on first down 4 straight times. It worked. Our OC decided that the play action would work. Throwing the ball on first down 4 more times would work. Again. If they don't align to stop it, you DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE IT. Geesh 

CBS post game talking about how Bo cannot even play pitch and catch. Hurts but it was true today. Some of y'all need to take the rose colored glasses off and see the truth for what it is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Lol, s*** happens, I don't like it, but I know how the certain cliche like to jump on BO. You lot critique bo but not a single other part of the entire team. I'll be glad when Bo's gone just so you lot don't have s*** to bitch about and aren't such a toxic part of this forum

Well don't count on that. There's posters here who still hate on Jeremy Johnson. People just can't seem to let go. 

The post game guy said it best. 

jeklll and Hyde Bo. 

As u said when he’s pressured and feels he has to do more he presses and makes mistakes. 
bad throws. Rifled passes and no touch. Overthrows wide open deep WE. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, au302 said:

CBS post game talking about how Bo cannot even play pitch and catch. Hurts but it was true today. Some of y'all need to take the rose colored glasses off and see the truth for what it is

And last week they were talking about how great he was. Who gives a rip about what they say.

Edited by boisnumber1

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Jones was laying it on him.

But nothing he said was wrong. 

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

And last week they were talking about how great he was. Who gives a rip about what they say.

Well one was against Ole Miss and their air for defense and today was against a talented Aggie D. Personally, I expect a quarterback as highly touted as Bo was to take that step and play way better against teams with highly touted talent

11 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I don’t want to pile on the guy but Bo has to get a grip on his emotions.  There was a play when the receivers weren’t properly aligned and a timeout had to be called.   He is the leader of the offense and that is not the way to show leadership.   The guy was clearly off today and maybe take a series or two off could have reset him.   

Cubelic has pointed this out numerous times. If you are playing great football, consistently, you EARN the right to be a coach on the field. Until then, shut up and be part of the team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This comment was facepalm’d but this is exactly what happened when Brennan was (rumoredly) unfairly given the backup job to Burrow. There HAS to be a fair process with Nix this off-season. Not saying that there wasn’t last offseason, but it’s mandatory now with how little time it appears Finley and DD will get going forward this season 

You are probably right, if Bo stays not only might we lose who we have but deter others from coming in. Good player expect to get a fair chance and if he are going to keep playing a mistake prone legacy instead of giving others a fair chance then expect recruiting to go downhill even farther. That philosophy is exactly why our last two recruiting classes have suffered so bad. By the way Willis who left AU at QB because of not getting a fair chance stands good chance at going early in the first round this year in the NFL. That should show you how’s treed up our coaching has been going on 3 years now. 

Simply put, we are better than the middle of the pack in the SEC, and clearly out classed against the best teams. We are a pretty good football team but our offense is still pretty mediocre. We are improving but we don’t have the offense to win against a rock-solid, athletic, well coached D like the one we played today. Harsin is improving us, and we aren’t elite yet.  But we are probably the 15th or 20th best team in the country. 
*******watched Gus’s team in person today for 3 quarters, and he has retained all his bad habits.   Running up the middle for 1 yard on every first down.  Screen passes for no gain. Putting in a wildcat QB and running him up the middle for 1 yard then doing it again for a 4 yard loss.  So it could be worse. Did you know Tulane wears Carolina Blue uniforms?  Figured they wore green….

• Like 1

I just don’t  understand, regardless of the competition, how Bo can look like he is so confident and productive over 2 hard fought games then go out today and look like he has never played football. He was off all day. Maybe it’s his emotions. 

Edited by au701948

19 minutes ago, 33gles said:

Time to put a lid on Bobo, It's clear at this point that he has NO idea what he's doing with this group.

I’m curious what you’d do differently? His job rides on his performance. As a fan, yours does not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You are probably right, if Bo stays not only might we lose who we have but deter others from coming in. Good player expect to get a fair chance and if he are going to keep playing a mistake prone legacy instead of giving others a fair chance then expect recruiting to go downhill even farther. That philosophy is exactly why our last two recruiting classes have suffered so bad. By the way Willis who left AU at QB because of not getting a fair chance stands good chance at going early in the first round this year in the NFL. That should show you how’s treed up our coaching has been going on 3 years now. 

Yep, there’s a lot of strategy that goes into maintaining QBs now, and we’ve failed to do that successfully during the Bo era. Nepotism, coddling, those are the big issues that haven’t seemed to be resolved 3 years in.

I personally want Bo gone just because he clearly causes our coaches not to think rationally about the QB position.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well don't count on that. There's posters here who still hate on Jeremy Johnson. People just can't seem to let go. 

Jeremy wasn’t a problem the coaching was. Bo is who Bo has always been. The problem is the coaches are still playing him despite it. If his name wasn’t Nix he would have already been benched. Plenty of folks made mistakes today but No continues to make the same mistakes over and over again. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

CBS especially loves to hit a guy when he's down....and plays for Auburn.

• Like 1

I am not the biggest Bo fan but let’s not act like he didn’t beat them as a fresh. He had playmakers and was used to his strengths. Today’s plan exposed all of his weaknesses and the receivers had some drops as well.

4 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Simply put, we are better than the middle of the pack in the SEC, and clearly out classed against the best teams. We are a pretty good football team but our offense is still pretty mediocre. We are improving but we don’t have the offense to win against a rock-solid, athletic, well coached D like the one we played today. Harsin is improving us, and we aren’t elite yet.  But we are probably the 15th or 20th best team in the country. 
*******watched Gus’s team in person today for 3 quarters, and he has retained all his bad habits.   Running up the middle for 1 yard on every first down.  Screen passes for no gain. Putting in a wildcat QB and running him up the middle for 1 yard then doing it again for a 4 yard loss.  So it could be worse. Did you know Tulane wears Carolina Blue uniforms?  Figured they wore green….

the key word is athletic.  I don't see any athletes on the Oline. just big guys. make them have to move in space and.....

• Like 1

Y'all right now 😂  we played like s*** it happens good lord, no QB is leaving especially DD he will be here next year, ill put up a 100$ on that one.  Calm down jeez y'all are killing me. 

giphy.gif

Edited by autiger88
  • Haha 1