Buc-ees

McLoofus

On 11/19/2021 at 12:29 PM, fredst said:

Trips to Disney with my kids from ages 4-10 were truly “magical”. Really have enjoyed trips to national parks to experience “real” stuff but living the fantasy for a few days at Disney is super fun (albeit spendy, lol)

Completely agree with everything you said here. 

Was making the trip up to Tennessee back in August and saw signs for a Buc-ee's in Birmingham...alas, it's on the part of I-20 that peels off to head to Atlanta, not the I-59 part that I take. Oh, well.

I've stopped at Buc-ee's solely to hit the head...but the boudin kolaches are pretty good.

We ended up with a couple kolaches, a turkey bacon cheddar sandwich, a chopped brisket sandwich, some jerky, and some hot cashews on the way down. The jerky and the kolaches were great. The turkey sandwich was okay. The chopped brisket sandwich wasn't very good. I might try a sliced brisket sandwich some day. 

On the way back, we got fudge and more jerky. And gas. The cheap gas and nice bathrooms were great. 

Oh, and the coffee isn't half bad. 

Good service. Good product. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 8:46 AM, McLoofus said:

Okay, fam, I finally get to go to a Buc-ee's today. What's my move? What's your top 5? We are definitely going to hit the beef jerky aisle. What else? What should we have for lunch? Or anything else that we should plan to buy there.

TIA

I always get a blue berry muffin and their fruit popsicles are amazing

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I always get a blue berry muffin and their fruit popsicles are amazing

Oh, I forgot that the kids got popsicles on the way back. They liked them quite a bit.

On 11/21/2021 at 7:41 AM, SLAG-91 said:

Was making the trip up to Tennessee back in August and saw signs for a Buc-ee's in Birmingham...alas, it's on the part of I-20 that peels off to head to Atlanta, not the I-59 part that I take. Oh, well.

I've stopped at Buc-ee's solely to hit the head...but the boudin kolaches are pretty good.

Yeah it's in Leeds. I make a habit of stopping there routinely when I go to Atlanta in the course of my job. 

On 11/18/2021 at 4:17 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Can we stop and talk about how amazing kolaches are? Soft pastry bread wrapped around tubular meat? Yes. You ever had a boudin kolache? If not, I’m sorry.

Yes indeed. I think I miss this most about Louisiana. 

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Opening in Auburn late 2022. Can’t believe opening date is not scheduled before 2022 football season. Construction contracts in Auburn most often require completion before football season. We used to say if not for football season nothing in Auburn would ever get completed.

https://oanow.com/business/local/buc-ee-s-is-officially-breaking-ground-in-auburn/article_0b67f3ea-31ee-11ec-a093-7f68a0bbefd6.html

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Opening in Auburn late 2022. Can’t believe opening date is not scheduled before 2022 football season. Construction contracts in Auburn most often require completion before football season. We used to say if not for football season nothing in Auburn would ever get completed.

https://oanow.com/business/local/buc-ee-s-is-officially-breaking-ground-in-auburn/article_0b67f3ea-31ee-11ec-a093-7f68a0bbefd6.html

All I saw in that article is "adult-size beaver onesies".

Oh Hell Yeah Stone Cold GIF - Oh Hell Yeah Stone Cold Steve Austin -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 3