Harsin going to Washington?

Auburn Tiger

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Well, in our defense, we also went after Chizik and Malzahn so at least we pursue mediocrity with passion

Mother of God…the beauty in this post is absolutely stunning.

4101A700-7D20-4862-8F61-D611F3C9E47E.gif

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Maybe because Bill Clark wasn’t actually a candidate…however maybe people should see that most people saying these things are most likely the same ones who wanted the last AD fired and thought Green was the best hire ever even though the last AD is the one who got Bruce Pearl to AU and Green hired Harsin 😂  Certainly ironic

No arguments from me there. Probably Jay Jacobs best two moments: signing Bruce Pearl and Natty with Chiz and Gus. It is just a shame it took him almost 1/2 a decade of on the job training to accomplish it. But he did accomplish it.

• Like 2

Random pet peeve, apropos of nothing. 

People that facepalm and downvote your posts without any response. 

Especially after you’ve gone out of your way to ignore them for several weeks. Except when you actually liked a couple of their posts, just to make nice. Even though the posts were worthless. You were just looking for anything that wasn’t terrible. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

10 minutes ago, cbo said:

Especially after you’ve gone out of your way to ignore them for several weeks. Except when you actually liked a couple of their posts, just to make nice. Even though the posts were worthless. You were just looking for anything that wasn’t terrible. 

5D9C67A2-41FB-4AD7-9B51-57C52F839CDE.gif

35364E1D-9525-483E-9B3E-83A3DABE3AEB.gif

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

No arguments from me there. Probably Jay Jacobs best two moments: signing Bruce Pearl and Natty with Chiz and Gus. It is just a shame it took him almost 1/2 a decade of on the job training to accomplish it. But he did accomplish it.

The two best things JJ did were both in basketball (the arena). Credit where credit is due, despite all my criticisms of the guy.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, cbo said:

The face palm IS a response.....some just choose not to elaborate.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

The face palm IS a response.....some just choose not to elaborate.

Cowardly response, imo

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

7 hours ago, AU-24 said:

The Natty did not come bc of Chip and Gus.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Let's shut this thread down because it's such bull. There's not even Smoke. 😆

Let’s combine it with the “Fired Gus Too Soon” thread and try to achieve a level of stupidity never before reached on the board…which is saying something 

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I think this rumor is just wishful thinking…like the time I was dating this girl in high school, and I really wanted to date her best friend instead. But if I dumped the girl, of course her best friend wouldn’t date me. So I hoped some other dude would come “steal” my girl away, so it would free me up for the friend. 

Except this is worse. We don’t have a friend that we want if our girl gets stolen, at least not one that would consider us. And apparently, listening to the nostalgists on here, we should have held on to the fat chick that treated us badly that we dated before the current girl because she was the best that we could do anyway 

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Except this is worse. We don’t have a friend that we want if our girl gets stolen, at least not one that would consider us. And apparently, listening to the nostalgists on here, we should have held on to the fat chick that treated us badly that we dated before the current girl because she was the best that we could do anyway 

Touche’ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fredst said:

Let’s combine it with the “Fired Gus Too Soon” thread and try to achieve a level of stupidity never before reached on the board…which is saying something 

streams.jpg

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

We also don't need an Athletic Director that's trying to get out of Auburn, making this kind of decision.

We have faux insiders making vague claims of boogie man boosters.  

11 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Ted Roof? I'm guessing you're saying it came because of Cam Newton. 

2013's run? 

Incredible offensive line, Nick, and Trigga Trey. 

If Gus would have recruited the Oline better, he probably would have won a natty or at least a few SEC championships. But they just recruited light out on QB’s and WR’s and didn’t think about providing the support the QB needed to actually use the WR’s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2021 at 10:53 AM, DAG said:

it is wishful thinking from AU fans is all.  Just about a month ago, people were afraid of losing him to the vaccination and now people are praying he leaves.

LOL, AU fans won't be happy until they get Vince Lombardi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fieldturf said:

LOL, AU fans won't be happy until they get Vince Lombardi.

Hey I'd settle for any coach that doesn't go for it on 4th and 1 from their own 35 yard line by calling a low percentage pass play.  

Harsin ain't going anywhere this year. But here is a question. From what you have seen so far. Which SEC coaches do you feel Harsin is doing better than? At this point I don't expect a top tier coach would think twice about Auburn. But I don't think Harsin is even coaching and recruiting bettrr than coaches of the  bottom tier schools in the SEC. That's a problem

Edited by shabby

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If Gus would have recruited the Oline better, he probably would have won a natty or at least a few SEC championships. But they just recruited light out on QB’s and WR’s and didn’t think about providing the support the QB needed to actually use the WR’s.

Idk something doesn't feel right about that.. auburn was so dominate running the ball ... Usually. Plus Marshall was formerly a defensive back.. We did always have one solid wide out like Darvin adams, Coates and Seth Williams but I doubt they didn't think about providing support on the o-line. I mean a Greg Robinson 2.0 would have been great but they did bring in a five star in Calvin Ashley  and two four stars and that was just in a cursory search of a random year 2017.. Just saying I don't think they overlooked it .. Maybe couldn't coach em up 

12 hours ago, cbo said:

Yes. These people....probably carry on a conversation during married time

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Gus was here what 7 years and he went to Atlanta twice, to the national championship 1 time.  Never did worse than 8-4, now lets see what happens the next 7!  Won't be going to Atlanta under Harsin. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, shabby said:

Hey I'd settle for any coach that doesn't go for it on 4th and 1 from their own 35 yard line by calling a low percentage pass play.  

Harsin ain't going anywhere this year. But here is a question. From what you have seen so far. Which SEC coaches do you feel Harsin is doing better than? At this point I don't expect a top tier coach would think twice about Auburn. But I don't think Harsin is even coaching and recruiting bettrr than coaches of the  bottom tier schools in the SEC. That's a problem

I'll agree with the recruiting part, but got to give him time to get his players in here.  Remember he and some of his staff not from the area, so its going to take 3 years at least.