Twitter

Auhud08

Idk who runs the twitter but we hear a lot of complaints about the PTB here and then the AUFamily account is going out and posting a ton of negative stuff. Awesome. Great job. Its one thing to say something on a board its a whole other thing to go out and post that. You want to offer a critique, great have at it. But how is that gonna look to recruits? How does that help a coach? And i get it. Some of yall might think its not a big deal, but if you arent helping then get outta the way. Yall always want to say the PTB should just get behind the program. Your social media is your currency. And you just spent it going against the program. Awesome job!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I don’t have Twitter or book face . I bitch all I want on here , 

Thats fine. Here is the place to do it. The aufamily facebook and twitter account shouldnt imo

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Idk who runs the twitter but we hear a lot of complaints about the PTB here and then the AUFamily account is going out and posting a ton of negative stuff. Awesome. Great job. Its one thing to say something on a board its a whole other thing to go out and post that. You want to offer a critique, great have at it. But how is that gonna look to recruits? How does that help a coach? And i get it. Some of yall might think its not a big deal, but if you arent helping then get outta the way. Yall always want to say the PTB should just get behind the program. Your social media is your currency. And you just spent it going against the program. Awesome job!

Unreal.

You think that an actual 17 year old male top athlete, who - on top of being a typical caveman-brained 17 year old male - has all the outlets available to them in this insanely fast paced digital world, would even pay a GLIMPSE at what a message board twitter says???

If you're mad that the site is grilling you guys, just say that. Don't make the insane argument that it has an iota to do with recruiting or anything tangible. 

16 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

For those wondering 

AF405213-B1D0-4CFC-8CB0-7AF09CC8E329.png

Yeah,those comments on some random twitter wont make a hill of beans to a stud recruits that were in JHS last weekend or that watched that ish last night. Lol

• Like 1

Thing is: twitter account was 100% right. 

The other thing is: OP is wrong. Changes clearly need to be made, and they have some social capital that they're deciding to spend on trying to make that happen.

Any recruit that sees those tweets probably already knew that ish was really wrong and that changes are probably coming down the pipe. A forum account posting that isn't going to move the needle one bit. 

52 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Thats fine. Here is the place to do it. The aufamily facebook and twitter account shouldnt imo

There are limits doing it here…jes sayin’

I'm not on social media. I say this with all due respect to this site and to whoever runs the twitter account, but I highly doubt Harsin, players, recruits, or anyone in the program really care about what the AUfamily account posts. I'd be surprised if many of them even follow it tbh. But again, I'm not on twitter so I very well may be wrong here

• Like 2

You delivering the same message to all of the pro-AU beat writers sharing similar opinions on Twitter when Coach Harsin dragged us to our lowest point in 9 years?

I could care less and don’t find much value in social media 99% of the time. There is some irony in strict rules about rumors, etc. on the message board because of the potential effects on players/recruits/etc. then having the Twitter handle of said message board unloading on the staff/program. Ultimately I think neither one makes a damn bit of difference 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fredst said:

I could care less and don’t find much value in social media 99% of the time. There is some irony in strict rules about rumors, etc. on the message board because of the potential effects on players/recruits/etc. then having the Twitter handle of said message board unloading on the staff/program. Ultimately I think neither one makes a damn bit of difference 

Our voice is much more strategic than some realize  … 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Would it be allowed to happen at bammer? Nope. Run would get his clock cleaned by the PTB, access would be cut off by Saban, and he might see some real repercussions. At AU, he's just another whiny AU fan (like me, see my posts right after this weekend's debacle).

The difference between us and them is that they understand how to shape perception until it becomes reality. We're our own worst enemy. While one post from one site may not by itself move the needle with recruits, you can bet every straw on the camel's back is one step closer to sending that recruit elsewhere. Make all the excuses you want  - "muh reality" "PTB suck" "Stop accepting mediocrity" yadda yadda yadda, but you also have to accept the lesson learned from watching the rise of their program. Even with Shula, negativity on their boards was not accepted or encouraged. Had exactly the same conversation with Mark Murphy years ago, he admitted the truth of this, but didn't change. 

• Love 1

47 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Would it be allowed to happen at bammer? Nope. Run would get his clock cleaned by the PTB, access would be cut off by Saban, and he might see some real repercussions. At AU, he's just another whiny AU fan (like me, see my posts right after this weekend's debacle).

The difference between us and them is that they understand how to shape perception until it becomes reality. We're our own worst enemy. While one post from one site may not by itself move the needle with recruits, you can bet every straw on the camel's back is one step closer to sending that recruit elsewhere. Make all the excuses you want  - "muh reality" "PTB suck" "Stop accepting mediocrity" yadda yadda yadda, but you also have to accept the lesson learned from watching the rise of their program. Even with Shula, negativity on their boards was not accepted or encouraged. Had exactly the same conversation with Mark Murphy years ago, he admitted the truth of this, but didn't change. 

Big difference between a fan message board and media message board. Does AUFamily get media credentials? If this site isn't trying to be like 247, Rivals, On3 etc. he has every right to tweet and post on here his displeasure on this season. Honestly the other sites do too but understand why they don't. 

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

Our voice is much more strategic than some realize  … 

Great, glad there is a plan and hope it makes a difference. My optimism and enthusiasm for Auburn football are at an all time low

7 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Big difference between a fan message board and media message board. Does AUFamily get media credentials? If this site isn't trying to be like 247, Rivals, On3 etc. he has every right to tweet and post on here his displeasure on this season. Honestly the other sites do too but understand why they don't. 

He does have every right, and so do all the other boards. I'm just pointing out that bammer doesn't tolerate that right and would pressure someone like Run to shut down. It would be interesting to know if UGA is the same way. It's all about messaging and creating perception. Everybody here fusses about the PTB "not being on the same page", "lack of leadership", etc. Well, when every message board is singing from the same hymnal and it's all unicorns and rainbows in those hymnals, bammer is what that looks like.

I'm not saying either approach is wrong or right in the big picture, but you have to admit theirs has worked for producing W's on the field. They may not develop their student athletes into better men, as we have for so long, but I think that era is over with the portal and NIL. You can't realistically get a college education transferring every year or two, and only the rare exceptions will absorb anything of the culture of a university. Cam did in one year because of the crucible he was put through and the way AU people rallied around him - all reflections of who we are. Virtually none of the one and done kids will gain that advantage in life.  

27 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

He does have every right, and so do all the other boards. I'm just pointing out that bammer doesn't tolerate that right and would pressure someone like Run to shut down. It would be interesting to know if UGA is the same way. It's all about messaging and creating perception. Everybody here fusses about the PTB "not being on the same page", "lack of leadership", etc. Well, when every message board is singing from the same hymnal and it's all unicorns and rainbows in those hymnals, bammer is what that looks like.

I'm not saying either approach is wrong or right in the big picture, but you have to admit theirs has worked for producing W's on the field. They may not develop their student athletes into better men, as we have for so long, but I think that era is over with the portal and NIL. You can't realistically get a college education transferring every year or two, and only the rare exceptions will absorb anything of the culture of a university. Cam did in one year because of the crucible he was put through and the way AU people rallied around him - all reflections of who we are. Virtually none of the one and done kids will gain that advantage in life.  

Let Bama have a couple 5-7 loss seasons in a row and then lets see how good UAT would be a controlling the message or online discussion 

I'd bet you'd see Bama fans and fansites having a meltdown all over social media regardless of what the school wanted, cause it's a lot easier to keep a lid on things when you are on top of the world and nobody has any real reasons to complain. 

Also, Twitter was less than a year old last time Bama had a bad football season.

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Let Bama have a couple 5-7 loss seasons in a row and then lets see how good UAT would be a controlling the message or online discussion 

I'd bet you'd see Bama fans and fansites having a meltdown all over social media regardless of what the school wanted, cause it's a lot easier to keep a lid on things when you are on top of the world.

Also, Twitter was less than a year old last time Bama had a bad football season.

Wow, that long ago!

That's a damn shame.

Edited by Never2Yield

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'd bet you'd see Bama fans and fansites having a meltdown all over social media regardless of what the school wanted, cause it's a lot easier to keep a lid on things when you are on top of the world and nobody has any real reasons to complain. 

It will be Chernobyl level melt down when they get that first taste of mediocrity post Saban.  There will be no backing down.

Winning literally cures everything. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'm guessing none of you were around on forums from 2000-2010. Their forums were so clamped down then that even the Mike Price fiasco was almost wholly reported on ITAT and other rival forums. The story was actually broken on ITAT. It was just a grudging acknowledgement on any of their forums. From the dawn of social media, they clamped down on criticism on their forums. 

Yes, Twitter will go wild when they have a down season, but you can bet their forums will be decidedly restrained and anyone on Twitter tied to their program in any way will hold it down to a low rumble or those ties will disappear. REC membership revoked, business opps disappearing, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

Agreed boss 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

You delivering the same message to all of the pro-AU beat writers sharing similar opinions on Twitter when Coach Harsin dragged us to our lowest point in 9 years?

9 years?  Some of us remember 2015.

• Like 1