Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

39 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Per On3 again.  Tennison to the portal 

This one doesn't really make sense wrt a guy playing and probably starting next year.

Maybe he doesn't like Mason/ZE or wants to be closer to home?

I think it's become apparent that this staff is "size queens", as this board loves to say. They seem to value size in most if not all positions, noticeably DB. Not saying that's why Tennison is leaving, but could play a factor

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

I think it's become apparent that this staff is "size queens", as this board loves to say. They seem to value size in most if not all positions, noticeably DB. Not saying that's why Tennison is leaving, but could play a factor

He's the same size as Kauffman, who they brought in last year 

43 minutes ago, au302 said:

For me, Tank. He is our best player on offense by far. Jarquez is a better #2 than Finley for their respective positions, but we need to keep the RB room stacked, especially if Damari needs time.

I want to keep Bo, but I think Harsin and the new OC could pretty easily lure a good portal QB here that fits their system. Heck, they may want their own QB anyways since Harsin's cleaning house. Not sure if any stud RB's would want to come compete with Hunter, Alston, and co

I honestly think hunter might be better than tank. 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He's the same size as Kauffman, who they brought in last year 

That addition made less sense to me as the season went on. Jmo though. I guess they figured he'd be a good plug and play since he knew Mason's system. A lot of camp hype, but then seemed like he vanished until the second half

28 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

No

38 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Part of that is because teams didn’t know how to prepare for him because there was no tape, just like last year it was the same thing with Tank.  They are both very talented though

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

You're probably right.   I will be surprised if we have less than 7!

I agree with whoever said it would be closer to 15 after spring practice.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, au302 said:

For me, Tank. He is our best player on offense by far. Jarquez is a better #2 than Finley for their respective positions, but we need to keep the RB room stacked, especially if Damari needs time.

I want to keep Bo, but I think Harsin and the new OC could pretty easily lure a good portal QB here that fits their system. Heck, they may want their own QB anyways since Harsin's cleaning house. Not sure if any stud RB's would want to come compete with Hunter, Alston, and co

Running Backs are infinitely easier to replace than a QB. I trust Hunter to replace Tank more than I trust TJ to replace Bo.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Damn I'm not happy about this one

On 11/28/2021 at 10:38 AM, bigbird said:

I was told this by an advisor in the AD earlier this week.

...the players who are serious about playing love Harsin. He said coach is a no nonsense kind of guy in the complex. He doesn't know him really personally but likes what he sees when he is around him. 

Excited about Harvey and Reed

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Go look at his stats 1st 5 games vs rest of season. Not saying he's bad, but he ain't tank

Just now, japantiger said:

What's the word onnwhat QBs we are pursuing?

One is waiting to decide once Nix makes a decision

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Running Backs are infinitely easier to replace than a QB. I trust Hunter to replace Tank more than I trust TJ to replace Bo.

If the replacement choices were only in-house, then I agree. I think they'd find a portal guy. Not sure how good the options are though. Burrow's are the exception and not the norm

Just now, au302 said:

We already got a transfer interested?

Not sure but Dillon Gabriel would be my first and only call.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

One is waiting to decide once Nix makes a decision

Must be Drew Breeze . Heard he is making a comeback 

• Haha 1

Tennison hurts, he was my favorite defensive recruit in that class.  Still think he could dominate at LB as well.  He will be a good box safety for somebody.

• Like 1