Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

23 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

So, we set that up.  AUFamily slush fund.  All 25,000 of us give $10 per month. That's $3 million a year to buy players.  And that's just our little group.

What if the market needs  $20 per month? You in? $100? $1000? How important is it to you?

That's where I see this going.

I'm in.  You cannot offer it to high school kids, but you say "$X dollars a year for 2022 Frosh QB with 5 star ranking with increases for playing time."  Would be easy to say AUF will sponsor 10 (or some number) athletes annually based on a formula.  

Just now, Butthead said:

I'm in.  You cannot offer it to high school kids, but you say "$X dollars a year for 2022 Frosh QB with 5 star ranking with increases for playing time."  Would be easy to say AUF will sponsor 10 (or some number) athletes annually based on a formula.  

Nice.

Guest MustardSeed
8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What's funny is that folks threatened to walk away from the sport years ago if we ever got to where we already are. Hell, they probably threatened to walk away if the forward pass was made legal. 

The only thing people have walked away from is the stadiums, because TVs have gotten nicer and attendance has become prohibitively expensive. But you're still watching the games, you're still buying the jerseys, and you're still here talking about all of it. 

Because turning into only going to a school because they pay the most money is the same as allowing a forward pass. Sure 😂. Once it’s happening that money controls which program is good and which program dies (and I mean by paying players…not paying coaching staffs) then I can 1000% guarantee you I’ll be out. And yes it’s likely coming sooner than I’d hoped 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What's funny is that folks threatened to walk away from the sport years ago if we ever got to where we already are. Hell, they probably threatened to walk away if the forward pass was made legal. 

I have to remind myself of the head shaking my parents did when I was a teen. People don't like change unless they are the ones wanting the change for their benefit. We either get on or get left. We can fuss about both options but we only have one in which we will have some fun while doing it. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Nice.

And someone clever and with adequate time would set the entity up as a 501c3 with some sort of charity component so that 'donations' would be tax deductible like the amounts you currently pay to the university.  BTW, I am a forensic accountant by trade -- this is totally doable.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I think a lot of us would for a token amount. $10 per month would be a token amount to me.  Some, $1000 per month is a token amount.  I'm betting that some of these schools, like Texas and aTm, got a lot more folks who think $1000 per month is a token amount than AU does.

Agree. I mean even $20 a month is less than a dollar a day. I bring that much change home in a day to throw in a bowl which I procrastinate rolling for months until there's $100. But I get that it's not going to be for everybody. 

This is the kind of stuff that our AD should be discussing with the boosters.  The future of the AD role is marketing "the program and the athletes."  I personally don't like it, but, now, it is what it is.  It is get on board or be left behind.

Edited by Butthead
spelling error
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Butthead said:

This is the kind of stuff that our AD should be discussing with the boosters.  The future of the AD role is marketing "the program and the athletes."  I personally don't like it, but, now, it is what it is.  It is get on board or be left behind.

Well, we might be looking for a new AD soon. You in?

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Well, we might be looking for a new AD soon. You in?

I don't think I am qualified.  If I were the president looking for an AD though, I would want to interview senior marketing and development people in the major sports leagues.  Hire an assistant AD to deal with the budgets and other daily stuff.

• Like 2

I mean come on -- just to name two -- we have Yella and Cook.  Both extremely wealthy and marketing geniuses.  If I were the A/D I would be on the phone with them every day picking their brains about how to make Auburn and its athletes the biggest celebrities in the business.  Don't forget pressure treated wood was a commodity product at one time and now is a brand -- that is neither simple nor an accident.  

4 hours ago, Butthead said:

And someone clever and with adequate time would set the entity up as a 501c3 with some sort of charity component so that 'donations' would be tax deductible like the amounts you currently pay to the university.  BTW, I am a forensic accountant by trade -- this is totally doable.  

Wow!

5 hours ago, gr82be said:

Agree. I mean even $20 a month is less than a dollar a day. I bring that much change home in a day to throw in a bowl which I procrastinate rolling for months until there's $100. But I get that it's not going to be for everybody. 

If I pay $20 a month I am also going to want a vote on threads being locked and deleted. Just saying.

• Haha 1

Since we are talking NIL, WWE just announced a NIL sponsorship for college athletes.  Everyone getting in the game to increase talent pools. This actually seems like a good, paid internship for athletes wanting a career in professional wrestling.  

https://amp-wrestlinginc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/12/wwe-announces-groundbreaking-nil-program-triple-h-comments/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16385383402109&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wrestlinginc.com%2Fnews%2F2021%2F12%2Fwwe-announces-groundbreaking-nil-program-triple-h-comments%2F

WWE® LAUNCHES NIL PROGRAM: NEXT IN LINE™

New Program to Provide Clear Pathway from Collegiate Athletics to WWE

STAMFORD, Conn., December 2, 2021 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced the launch of a groundbreaking NIL (Name, Image & Likeness) program that will provide a clear pathway from collegiate athletics to WWE.

Following a historic new policy by the NCAA effective July 1, 2021, which ushered in the NIL era allowing college athletes the ability to monetize their name, image and likeness, WWE has constructed a comprehensive program to recruit and develop potential future Superstars. Dubbed “Next In Line™,” the NIL program aims to enhance the talent development process through collaborative partnerships with college athletes from diverse athletic backgrounds.

“The WWE NIL program has the potential to be transformational to our business,” said Paul Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Global Talent Strategy and Development. “By creating partnerships with elite athletes at all levels across a wide variety of college sports, we will dramatically expand our pool of talent and create a system that readies NCAA competitors for WWE once their collegiate careers come to a close.”

All athlete partnerships will feature access to the state-of-the-art WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Fla., in addition to resources across the organization including brand building, media training, communications, live event promotion, creative writing and community relations. Upon completion of the NIL program, select athletes may earn an exclusive opportunity to be offered a WWE contract.

In September, WWE announced its first NIL deal with heavyweight freestyle wrestler Gable Steveson who captured a gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics. The agreement allowed Steveson to return to the University of Minnesota for his senior season where he is defending his NCAA National Championship while beginning his Superstar training with WWE.

WWE will unveil the first class of NIL partnerships in the coming weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2021 at 2:01 PM, Butthead said:

Strong username to occupation ratio

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Shaun Shivers projected to Indiana 

Nice. A surprise. 

On 11/28/2021 at 9:42 AM, Zeek said:

Players with a line through their name are not returning. Players' whose names are bolded will return for next season. 

Entering the NFL Draft and/or Not Returning:

• Zakoby McClain | LB 
  • Roger McCreary | DB
  • Demetris Robertson | WR
  • Smoke Monday | DB
  • Chandler Wooten | LB
  • Dreshun Miller | CB
  • Tony Fair | DL
  • TD Moultry | DL
  • Barton Lester | LB
  • Russ Logan | LB
  • Brooks Walton | LB
  • Malcolm Askew | DB
  • Aidan Marshall | P
  • Trey Elston | DB
  • Devin Guice | DB
  • David Shannon | OL
  • Hayden Brice | TE
  • Malcolm Russell | WR
  • Jackson McFadden | WR
  • Jacob Jasinski | RB

Still haven't confirmed their future:

• Bo Nix - Junior - QB - Draft Eligible
  • Jalil Irvin - Junior - OL - Draft Eligible
  • Kilian Zierer - Junior - OL - Draft Eligible
  • Kameron Stutts - Junior - OL - Draft Eligible
  • Dre Butler - Junior - DL - Draft Eligible
  • Eku Leota - Junior - DL - Draft Eligible
  • Owen Pappoe - Junior - LB - Draft Eligible
  • Zion Puckett - Redshirt Sophomore - DB - Draft Eligible
  • Nehemiah Pritchett - Junior - DB - Draft Eligible
  • Jacob Quattlebaum - Junior - LS - Draft Eligible
  • Grant Loy - Senior - QB
  • Shedrick Jackson - Senior - WR
  • Caylin Newton - Senior - WR
  • John Samuel-Shenker - Senior - TE
  • Nick Brahms - Senior - OL
  • Brenden Coffey - Senior - OL
  • Brodarious Hamm - Senior - OL
  • Alex Jackson - Senior - OL
  • Austin Troxell - Senior - OL
  • Brandon Council - Senior - OL
  • Marquis Burks - Senior - DL
  • Bydarrius Knighten - Senior - DB
  • Anders Carlson - Senior - K

Outgoing Transfer Portal:

• Shaun Shivers | RB | Projected to Indiana
  • Caleb Johnson | DL
  • Elijah Canion | WR
  • Tashawn Manning | OL
  • Ladarius Tennison | DB

Incoming from the Transfer Portal:

•  

Current 2022 Signing Class:

• 4* QB Holden Geriner - commit
  • 4* RB Damari Alston - commit
  • 4* WR Omari Kelly - commit
  • 3* WR Jay Fair - commit
  • 3* TE Micah Riley-Ducker - commit
  • 3* OL Eston Harris Jr. - commit
  • 3* OL Drew Bobo - commit
  • 4* DL Caden Story - commit
  • 3* Powell Gordon - commit
  • 4* DB Tre Donaldson - commit
  • 3* DB Ja'Kobi Albert - commit
  • 3* DB Caleb Wooden - commit
  • 3* K Alex McPherson - commit

I believe all of our Juniors and Redshirt Sophomores will not yet declare for the NFL Draft. Owen Pappoe is the only one I think really might be likely to depart. Last I read he was leaning towards returning.

Will update this throughout the offseason/postseason.

Moved a bunch of seniors out of the unknown category. It's safe to say the non-scholarship seniors will not be back. Some others haven't officially announced for the draft but should be obvious (McCreary and Smoke).

Bo, Eku, and Owen Pappoe are the three I'm watching closely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kinda surprised we only lost a few to the portal so far. No huge losses yet 

It’s official.  Worm to Indiana.  I think that is a good spot for him.  We will miss you on here @Momma Worm

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Can we include Bowl game discussions?? I expect Roger to sit out. Possibly Zakoby. Smoke as a lower Possibly. 

cant see anyone sitting out for draft reasons. Only transfer ones

40 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Can we include Bowl game discussions?? I expect Roger to sit out. Possibly Zakoby. Smoke as a lower Possibly. 

cant see anyone sitting out for draft reasons. Only transfer ones

Are these guys lined up for the Senior Bowl?