Coaching Carousel 2021

Randman5000

4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

It's getting Cray Cray this year. Urban to Notre Dame?

Nah, Fickell.

• Like 1

Fresno coach to Washington. Fresno had a pretty good year by the way. Not sure why they aren't ranked. They went toe to toe with Oregon too.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32747695/sources-fresno-state-kalen-deboer-become-head-football-coach-washington

9 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

Saw one article speculating Leach to OU

Word is Venables is the guy.

Edited by AUwent

54 minutes ago, woodford said:

Southern Cal, Florida, LSU, AND Notre Dame all had coaching vacancies this year. Wow.

Yah, can you imagine if we had fired Gus? We would have hired Rhett or something

• Like 1

8 hours ago, woodford said:

Southern Cal, Florida, LSU, AND Notre Dame all had coaching vacancies this year. Wow.

Don't forget to add in Oklahoma to that mix as well. Some other mid/upper-tier jobs like Virginia Tech too. It's been a wild search season. 

Edited by mah0020
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, woodford said:

Until further notice, no school, coach or player should ever feel completely secure.  Hello modern college football.  Are we having fun yet?

Edited by SRBautigerfan

1 hour ago, mah0020 said:

Don't forget to add in Oklahoma to that mix as well. Some other mid/upper-tier jobs like Virginia Tech too. It's been a wild search season. 

Thought I added them but yes it’s crazy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Until further notice, no school, coach or player should ever feel completely secure.  Hello modern college football.  Are we having fun yet?

I think there are/were 3 coaches that at un hirable for next year or even the next:

Saban

Kirby

Dabo

36 minutes ago, woodford said:

I think there are/were 3 coaches that at un hirable for next year or even the next:

Saban

Kirby

Dabo

One more season like this year for Dabs and he’ll hear about it from the Clemson folks.  Most fans have become more irrational and less patient in the age of Twitter and other social media’s.  It’s gotten ridiculous tbh.

Edited by SRBautigerfan

Word is leaking out that Venerables will be Oklahoma s new coach and Jeff Lebby as his offensive coordinator. 

Edited by Randman5000

Got to admire the way Oklahoma has circled the wagons after losing Lincoln Riley. Big blow but have a couple of coaching Hall of Famers to rally them and remind the fanbase that Oklahoma is still a good job.  They've had alot of decommits. They'll probably get someone decent. As long as they get a good Offensive guy they'll probably be okay. No one knew of Lincoln Riley prior. 

Just now, Randman5000 said:

That move makes sense. 

17 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

LIVE look ....

timelapse-merry-go-round.gif

Reminds me of the end of Now You See Me. Now that I think about it Isla Fisher might be a great recruiter. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SphyNxXx said:

Saw one article speculating Leach to OU

I know some State fans that wouldn't be all that sad to see him go. 

17 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Yah, can you imagine if we had fired Gus? We would have hired Rhett or something

Why? Do you really think any of those schools would have been trying to hire Harsin? 

6 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Word is leaking out that Venerables will be Oklahoma s new coach and Jeff Lebby as his offensive coordinator. 

Great...