Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

4 minutes ago, metafour said:

Louisiana transfer WR Kyren Lacy is in Auburn right now for a visit. Pretty significant news.

🤔... 😁

54 minutes ago, metafour said:

Louisiana transfer WR Kyren Lacy is in Auburn right now for a visit. Pretty significant news.

Did ULL not throw the ball much? He's got pretty meh stats. But we need WRs

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Did ULL not throw the ball much? He's got pretty meh stats. But we need WRs

They spread the ball around a lot. He led the team in receptions his first year, and led them in touchdowns this year. Past two seasons they've had a ton of guys with ~10-30 receptions but no single receiver with "monster stats".

This kid got offers from Oklahoma and LSU today. Jeff Lee says that he's AU's top target at WR. We are apparently very confident here.

Edited by metafour
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, metafour said:

They spread the ball around a lot. He led the team in receptions his first year, and led them in touchdowns this year. Past two seasons they've had a ton of guys with ~10-30 receptions but no single receiver with "monster stats".

This kid got offers from Oklahoma and LSU today. Jeff Lee says that he's AU's top target at WR. We are apparently very confident here.

Sort of like 2021 Mike Evans with Bucs.  Not a lot of receptions but could come back with 3 Goal to go TD receptions. 

Edit: not saying he is on Mike Evans level, just pointing out usage. 

Edited by AUBwins

We seem to be trending for Lacey and a couple of O-Linemen but so far no commitments.  I have to admit I am starting to worry about getting O-Line in the Portal. This is the key to whether we will be any good next year as we have done a great job on D side. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We seem to be trending for Lacey and a couple of O-Linemen but so far no commitments.  I have to admit I am starting to worry about getting O-Line in the Portal. This is the key to whether we will be any good next year as we have done a great job on D side. 

We're really late to have done so little on the offensive side of the ball.  I think the Cornell kid is a post spring transfer b/c he wants to graduate (can't blame him).  We have 10 or so spots for transfers and we've added 1?

53 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

New LB transfer to watch....TOS says Schmedding is on it. Probably end up being a lot of teams with high interest.

https://www.on3.com/db/drew-sanders-39170/

Screenshot 2022-01-11 4.31.10 PM.png

Supposedly runs a 10.91 100 could also play TE or Edge Rusher in HS played TE, Edge Rusher, and LB 

57 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

New LB transfer to watch....TOS says Schmedding is on it. Probably end up being a lot of teams with high interest.

He can really play.  Flipped from Oklahoma to Bama.  From Texas.  Probably head back that way would be my guess

2 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

He can really play.  Flipped from Oklahoma to Bama.  From Texas.  Probably head back that way would be my guess

YEa...if he didn't get hurt I don't know that he would have lost his spot to Dallas Turner. I agree Oklahoma is most likely destination.

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Throw everything we can at him. Kid is good. Probably going back to Texas tho

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Throw everything we can at him. Kid is good. Probably going back to Texas tho

I think he heads to Oklahoma.He would be a great fit in a BV defense, plus he originally committed to Oklahoma.

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I think he heads to Oklahoma.He would be a great fit in a BV defense, plus he originally committed to Oklahoma.

Must be nice to choose between him and freak TrFr Dallas Turner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

4-5 different Bama players all just hit the portal within about 5 minute of each other.

Yep and 1  a QB, 1 an OT, both 4 stars. 

6 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Have we ever had a guy transfer in from UA? I’m sure we have. I just can’t recall one from my most recent memory. 

Corey Grant is one, it seems like there is someone else but I can’t think of who.  

29 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Would love if we could land Jalen Billingsley…freak athlete.

The Alabama fans are basically GTFO.  Not sad to see him go.  According to them, lazy and low effort.  

47 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Have we ever had a guy transfer in from UA? I’m sure we have. I just can’t recall one from my most recent memory. 

Corey Grant is only one I know of, but I am sure there is probably someone else. What about the other waya round....has anyone ever transferred from AU to UA?

37 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Would love if we could land Jalen Billingsley…freak athlete.

Can't imagine we'd take another TE

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Can't imagine we'd take another TE

I was thinking line him up out wide. He used to be their kick returner…would be a match up nightmare. But. I do know he stayed in Saban’s doghouse & was called out for his work ethic. Don’t know how that would workout with BH..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1