Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

20 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

King seems to be an emerging threat as well.  I know he is listed as a TE but he is more of a WR

Yes...I expect him to be one of our go to guys this season. I think CBH will line him up all over the field and we will see JSS and King ont he field together frequently

11 minutes ago, fredst said:

I’m with you here. I have tried to be patient and positive and will be the first to admit that I have zero inside knowledge. I will also admit that our (seeming) inability to gain traction on guys in the portal on the offensive side of the ball is really starting to worry me.

I think being extreme to either side right now is unwarranted. It's fine to like CBH and be patient, as it is fine to have a little concern as well. The truth is that things probably aren't as good as they seem or as bad as they seem and the class isn't full yet, period. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

There’s a huge, gaping canyon between those two responses.

We have only 3 targets giving us a look.

Torrence visited and left without committing. He's going to UF this weekend and expected to commit.

Brooks visited and our coaches were disappointed we couldn't get him to commit. He's soon visiting TT where hus OC is now coaching. 

That's literally it for spring enrollees. 50/50 at best, looking like 0/2 if you're being honest. 

Cornell transfer us a maybe for the summer. Hope his visit this worked goes well. Seems like he'll take his time and visit a few other schools.

So we have no one we're favored for and wanted to take 3 OL, it was a massive need, and the coaches wanted to upgrade talent on our OL....which we haven't. 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Torrence visited and left without committing. He's going to UF this weekend and expected to commit.

Brooks visited and our coaches were disappointed we couldn't get him to commit. He's soon visiting TT where hus OC is now coaching. 

That's literally it for spring enrollees. 50/50 at best, looking like 0/2 if you're being honest. 

Cornell transfer us a maybe for the summer. Hope his visit this worked goes well. Seems like he'll take his time and visit a few other schools.

So we have no one we're favored for and wanted to take 3 OL, it was a massive need, and the coaches wanted to upgrade talent on our OL....which we haven't. 

But it will all be ok. 

image.gif.d286b838fdffca70d36ee11bf9b83cc0.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You don’t know that at all. 

Funniest part about your post is that you cite stuff from our recruiting people who you claim know nothing. Oxymoron, no?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

You don’t know that at all. 

Funniest part about your post is that you cite stuff from our recruiting people who you claim know nothing. Oxymoron, no?

I don't? All these OL that are ready to enroll in a week or just being kept a secret?

Who are they?? Please name our options. Enlighten us

31 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I may ultimately join in on citing concerns with our portal performance. Just trying to give it more time.

I have been one of the most patient people on the board with Spring classes starting we need the Portal O-Line now. Experienced players need less time to get used to a new system but getting spring practice together as a unit is key.  The one from Cornell who won't come till this summer assuming we were to get him we could live with. I really thought we looked good for Brooks but if he is not committed to us by next week then we have to hope that the current freshman and sophomores have developed. Even if they have that would leave us with minimal depth.  

WR I am not as worried about as there seem to be more and more of them showing up in the Portal so even if we have to wait till summer if we find one we should be ok as QB and WR's work together on their own a lot in the summer. As others mentioned King will probably switch to WR and can be our big WR that we can rely on when we need 4 or 5 yards or in the end zone. I also think people will be pleasantly surprised by Fair the young man is a stud.

Repeating what I said earlier Portal recruiting for O-Line is critical for this coming week.

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I may ultimately join in on citing concerns with our portal performance. Just trying to give it more time.

We've got a week. We can take 32 this cycle. We are at 19+2??  

We have a lot of spots to fill and I'd assume the coaches would prefer them filled for spring practice. The post spring transfer pool will be mich lighter in talent 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We have a lot of spots to fill and I'd assume the coaches would prefer them filled for spring practice. The post spring transfer pool will be mich lighter in talent 

I’m sure they would prefer to have who they want before spring. That said, if we add some much needed talent before summer, I’ll take it. I may yet be critical. I’m not a Harsin sunshine pumper. Just not privy to what’s happening and holding off on my reaction at this point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fredst said:

I’m with you here. I have tried to be patient and positive and will be the first to admit that I have zero inside knowledge. I will also admit that our (seeming) inability to gain traction on guys in the portal on the offensive side of the ball is really starting to worry me.

Seems very reasonable to me. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

We have a lot more time that that. Post spring ball is another wave of portal players. 

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

We have a lot more time that that. Post spring ball is another wave of portal players. 

This is the same mindset of ppl saying we can wait until NSD in Feb to load up.

The vast majority of good players leave in the winter. The ones transferring post post spring are guys buried on the DC and looking for a saving grace somewhere. 

Hell, they could be better than what we have but you're looking at left overs and combed through options 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The vast majority of good players leave in the winter

Opinion.

38 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The ones transferring post post spring are guys buried on the DC and looking for a saving grace somewhere

Being buried in a depth chart doesn't mean they aren't quality players. Depends on the situation they are currently in vs the situation we can offer them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Opinion

No, that's fact. 

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Being buried in a depth chart doesn't mean they aren't quality players. Depends on the situation they are currently in vs the situation we can offer them.

Which us why I said....

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Hell, they could be better than what we have

But the massive influx if transfers happen now. Post spring is much lower quantity and quality. Then they are behind bc they have no spring.

We need guys now

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No, that's fact. 

Which us why I said....

But the massive influx if transfers happen now. Post spring is much lower quantity and quality. Then they are behind bc they have no spring.

We need guys now

I’m with you on just about everything that’s been talked about the last 3 weeks. But it does no good to say we need guys now. We aren’t getting them. Lol. I’m sure there will be a couple more guys in the next week, but I think they’ve run out of time and just flat out missed in this first wave.

They gotta do something about Will Friend. I don’t know how good of a developer he is. But it doesn’t matter. Nobody seems to have any interest in playing for him. And that’s causing a ripple in the offensive recruiting.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think they’ve run out of time and just flat out missed in this first wave

Pretty disappointing. We'll see where we land this week. Holding out hope for Brooks.

Outside the CB from Oregon, is there even anyone else on our radar?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Pretty disappointing. We'll see where we land this week. Holding out hope for Brooks.

Outside the CB from Oregon, is there even anyone else on our radar?

Not that I know of. There’s always a chance that there is a couple of olineman that we haven’t thought about, but I don’t think so. Hunter N wants to play center, and Brahms coming back makes me feel like he goes somewhere that he can do that. 

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Just looked him up. Apparently visiting Ole Miss this weekend, but from the same area DA is from. Hopefully he can pull him

27 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Not that I know of. There’s always a chance that there is a couple of olineman that we haven’t thought about, but I don’t think so. Hunter N wants to play center, and Brahms coming back makes me feel like he goes somewhere that he can do that. 

It'll be interesting to see how HN's visit goes and any reaction to returning starters.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

It'll be interesting to see how HN's visit goes and any reaction to returning starters.

Who is HN?

If HN wants to play center move NB to Guard. He played there some early on. We need the 5 best on the field.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Who is HN?

Kid from Cornell. He's supposed to be here this weekend