Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

18 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Right behind Mario Williams, a 4 star WR from UCF hit the portal just now, Titus Mokiao-Atimalala. Things are really picking up.

Edited by IronMan70

4 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Right behind Mario Williams, a 4 star WR from UCF hit the portal just now, Titus Mokiao-Atimalala. Things are really picking up.

Wasn't a good blocker

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Right behind Mario Williams, a 4 star WR from UCF hit the portal just now, Titus Mokiao-Atimalala. Things are really picking up.

He's from Hawaii and caught 10 passes for 91 yards and one touchdown as a freshman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I'm surprised you're getting laughing reactions to this.

There's a premium for wide tackles, gotta be able to block first and foremost

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Cam Bright, LB from Pitt is currently being evaluated by the staff. If we chose to pursue it is said AU will definitely be a factor.

https://247sports.com/player/cameron-bright-93350/

Being from Pittsburgh and being a Pitt fan besides an Auburn fan , Cam Bright was a big loss to Pitt by going into the portal. They thought he was coming back for sure or go pro. I posted Monday here that he was 3 year starter and a senior captain. He got into a fight in the Bowl game with a teammate as the end of the game. Top 6 in total tackles on defense in 2021 for Pitt. I don't he would replace Zakoby McClain production, but in a rotation of a few LB's he would be effective. He would bring leadership and depth.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Renton26 said:

Being from Pittsburgh and being a Pitt fan besides an Auburn fan , Cam Bright was a big loss to Pitt by going into the portal. They thought he was coming back for sure or go pro. I posted Monday here that he was 3 year starter and a senior captain. He got into a fight in the Bowl game with a teammate as the end of the game. Top 6 in total tackles on defense in 2021 for Pitt. I don't he would replace Zakoby McClain production, but in a rotation of a few LB's he would be effective. He would bring leadership and depth.  

Definitely sounds like a Harsin guy. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

There's a premium for wide tackles, gotta be able to block first and foremost

Well, at least we built depth on that part of the O-line. Or something.

• Like 1

Boise’s Kyle Juergens entering the transfer portal. 6-4 IOL. Didn’t play much for them. But Bedell and Harsin were his primary recruiters. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Well, at least we built depth on that part of the O-line. Or something.

No, that's the correct way of saying it. Anyone who lines up on the line of scrimmage on offense is an offensive line man

People talk a lot about Gus's recruiting but really it was losing Williams, Schwartz and Stove that decimated our OL this year. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

Wasn't a good blocker

I was told the route tree the coach employs was too complicated.  Could be either I guess.

4 hours ago, Taco said:

Boise’s Kyle Juergens entering the transfer portal. 6-4 IOL. Didn’t play much for them. But Bedell and Harsin were his primary recruiters. 

He is listed at 245. Man, if he can't gain at least another 50 pounds, he'll get killed. 

37 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Funny how some were in panic mode when we didn’t land the “top tier” transfers last month. 

They still are, May always be.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Funny how some were in panic mode when we didn’t land the “top tier” transfers last month. 

Since we haven't landed any this month either.....

On 1/4/2022 at 11:07 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

Cam Bright, LB from Pitt is currently being evaluated by the staff. If we chose to pursue it is said AU will definitely be a factor.

https://247sports.com/player/cameron-bright-93350/

We need help at lb’er in a big way.  The buttcheeks bowl wasn’t a good showing for any backer not named Chandler Wooten.  Mr Bright would be a huge addition.   We need 2-3 experienced guys to help bolster what I see as the biggest weakness on defense.  I’m constantly looking at the portal for OT’s and LB’s.  We have to much to offer for those guys not to consider Auburn.  Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Since we haven't landed any this month either.....

Now why’d you have to go and call yourself out like this 🤦‍♂️