Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

1 hour ago, metafour said:

LSU's On3 site just gave updates on Kyren Lacy and O'Cyrus Torrence since they both just took visits there.

Lacy - Alabama is supposedly entering the mix here. AU felt good but that seems to be dwindling, especially if Alabama starts pushing. Hopefully we can pull this one out because the staff felt confident, but then he left without committing and went to LSU to visit.

Torrence - This one was looking more like Florida, but the LSU site is suggesting that Auburn is making a major push. This would obviously be huge as he's a significant OL.

Wonder how much bama is after Lacy just to keep him from coming here. If I really wanted playing time, I wouldn't be chancing going to bammer as a transfer WR. I mean he's a good pickup but hasn't exactly set the world on fire. We need WRs so I see our interest. Idk...just seems when players enter the portal, they suddenly are put out there as all-world players when they are still a 3 star talent.

33 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Wonder how much bama is after Lacy just to keep him from coming here. If I really wanted playing time, I wouldn't be chancing going to bammer as a transfer WR. I mean he's a good pickup but hasn't exactly set the world on fire. We need WRs so I see our interest. Idk...just seems when players enter the portal, they suddenly are put out there as all-world players when they are still a 3 star talent.

Have you considered that your evaluation of Lacy is completely wrong? No, I don't believe that Bama is blowing a roster spot so that they can keep a player away from 6-7 Auburn LOL. Lacy has elite offers (LSU, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Auburn...now supposedly Bama jumping in).

2 hours ago, metafour said:

New update on Torrence: he just locked in a visit to Florida this weekend. He's also planning a decision this weekend. So probably not very good news there unfortunately.

I always thought UF was a likely destination and that he was the least likely of the 3 to commit to us. I mean...his former HC is at UF. 2 former teammates are at UF. Now, his former position coach is at UF. Too much stacked in their favor. 

5 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Welp

Awesome news here.  We're doing a really good job in the portal this year

• Haha 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Awesome news here.  We're doing a really good job in the portal this year

I mean...you're right that we're not picking up anyone in the portal, but can you really blame this one on the staff? A Louisiana kid decides to move from ULL to LSU? That's a tough one to win bro. I'm guessing we'll s#it on Harsin & Co. for losing out on O'Torrence too though right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jknighton said:

I mean...you're right that we're not picking up anyone in the portal, but can you really blame this one on the staff? A Louisiana kid decides to move from ULL to LSU? That's a tough one to win bro. I'm guessing we'll s#it on Harsin & Co. for losing out on O'Torrence too though right?

Every kid that doesn't come here has an excuse.  I guess we can focus on just UAB and Troy tranfers.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Kid stays in home state. Auburn must be in free fall.

Yeah, sincerely ESD from LA.

I guess we'll focus on Troy and UAB players. 

I can see it now.  Brooks didn't come here b/c Texas Tech/OC.  Cornell Transfer wanted blah blah blah. 

Maybe someone will fall in our lap vs actually being elite recruiters. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Every kid that doesn't come here has an excuse.  I guess we can focus on just UAB and Troy tranfers.

Guess we should just close the doors and send our guys who are worth a s#it to UAB and Troy and go dominate the Big XII.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, sincerely ESD from LA.

I guess we'll focus on Troy and UAB players. 

I can see it now.  Brooks didn't come here b/c Texas Tech/OC.  Cornell Transfer wanted blah blah blah. 

Maybe someone will fall in our lap vs actually being elite recruiters. 

Unless Friend is able to pull some OLineman really quick, then he should be shown the door, but some of these other takes are a reach.

• Like 1

We might just have to send our defensive staff to go recruit offensive talent too, since they actually get results. What the hell is going on on the offensive side?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

We might just have to send our defensive staff to go recruit offensive talent too, since they actually get results. What the hell is going on on the offensive side?

Our offense flatlined last season and QB’s don’t want to play behind our line, WR’s don’t want to play with our QB’s, and lineman don’t apparently want anything to do with Friend. I’m not surprised. Harsin probably hasn’t built a ton of respect offensively in this area and last season didn’t do anything to show recruits he’s got the offense that will put them in the league. He’s going to have to find a way to do more with less next season.

30 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Every kid that doesn't come here has an excuse

Wait wait wait, so you’re telling me an in-state kid chose his state school who regularly puts out ELITE talent at the WR position over a school 5+ hours away who hasn’t had a first round WR drafted this millennium??? I am SHOCKED. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Wait wait wait, so you’re telling me an in-state kid chose his state school who regularly puts out ELITE talent at the WR position over a school 5+ hours away who hasn’t had a first round WR drafted this millennium??? I am SHOCKED. 

Why are we even recruiting these guys if we had no chance?  Can someone please tell Harsin this so we can shift resources to guys we might have a shot with?

Just now, W.E.D said:

Why are we even recruiting these guys if we had no chance?  Can someone please tell Harsin this so we can shift resources to guys we might have a shot with?

Is that you Tommy?

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Is that you Tommy?

Tuberville?

Nah, eff that guy

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You recruit them because you do have a chance. We had a chance and the LSU got him on for a visit. Sucks but this literally happens every single year. It’s recruiting. Hard to pull a hometown kid but you have to try.

If we can get our O-line portal targets, for me, everything will be okay. If we can add some wide receivers and one more ready-to-start Qb, even better. If we miss on all of those targets and just don’t get quality replacements, then I will concede that there is a problem. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

You recruit them because you do have a chance.

And so when we don't get them, is it not disappointing?  Yes, it is.  We are disappointed.  We missed. 

Why is it hard for people to be honest about this?  Torrence is going to UF.  Coaches were disappointed when we couldn't get Brooks to commit.  There are 2 of the 3 top OL we were targettig if Brooks does go to TT.  So 0 new OL for the spring.

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

If we can get our O-line portal targets, for me, everything will be okay. If we can add some wide receivers and one more ready-to-start Qb, even better. If we miss on all of those targets and just don’t get quality replacements, then I will concede that there is a problem. 

IDK about this UAB kid ppl are talking about now, but the Syracuse WR was mentioned for a minute when he entered but I didn't hear much else.

There isn't anymore "ready-to-start" QBs available at the moment.  If we take a QB post spring it'll be telling how Calzada did and/or how much TJ developed. 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

And so when we don't get them, is it not disappointing?  Yes, it is.  We are disappointed.  We missed

Where did I say I wasn’t disappointed? 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Where did I say I wasn’t disappointed? 

Every comment towards me expressing disappointment has been met with excuses and spin.  We're missing left and right.  At some point we need to land offensive talent.

Most expected us to take 8-10 guys from the portal.  We have 2 (DJ James will be 3 soon).  We're short with a week left in a lot of areas.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Every comment towards me expressing disappointment has been met with excuses and spin.  We're missing left and right.  At some point we need to land offensive talent.

Most expected us to take 8-10 guys from the portal.  We have 2 (DJ James will be 3 soon).  We're short with a week left in a lot of areas.

You're definitely in panic mode.

As some have said we re working from a tough angle with our lack of a top offensive QB/OL and our history at WR. and You have to go after whou you want regardless of how an instate school comes after a player.

LSU does have elite WRs in the NFL, he is getting a good offensive coach in Kelly. He has put some WRs in the NFL. 

We must have come close, and that is all you can do, when he just came in for a visit, so he was interested. 

I do agree that our OL issues are not being helped it is looking like with a year of Friend at recruiting. That has to chance.

At WR, there are some other options, but dwindling, so we may be in the same boat as the year we lost Schwartz, Williams, and #12, but we got better. Now we need some of these guys on staff to build on an offense they now know after 1 year learning it.