Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

33 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This guy would be a huge pickup! Virginia guy!!!

Yes it would. This guy put up monster numbers. 

8 hours ago, USATiger said:

We need help at lb’er in a big way.  The buttcheeks bowl wasn’t a good showing for any backer not named Chandler Wooten.  Mr Bright would be a huge addition.   We need 2-3 experienced guys to help bolster what I see as the biggest weakness on defense.  I’m constantly looking at the portal for OT’s and LB’s.  We have to much to offer for those guys not to consider Auburn.  Thanks for posting!

Yeah LB is a big need for us. Look at the Georgia state without Zakoby as another example. That first half was ugly

• Like 1

Former 4* LB Mohamoud Diabate transferred to Utah. Did we not pursue him? He was Florida’s 2nd leading tackler last year and is originally from Auburn High School. 

It continues to blow my mind how we can’t get the hometown guys. It also blows my mind how we get two chances to get some of these guys and we still can’t do it. We really need a transfer LB. 

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

It continues to blow my mind how we can’t get the hometown guys.

We just signed two and our first commitment in the 23 class was from Auburn HS. 

but… sure? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

Former 4* LB Mohamoud Diabate transferred to Utah. Did we not pursue him? He was Florida’s 2nd leading tackler last year and is originally from Auburn High School. 

It continues to blow my mind how we can’t get the hometown guys. It also blows my mind how we get two chances to get some of these guys and we still can’t do it. We really need a transfer LB. 

I had mentioned earlier, one of the reasons he chose UF over Auburn was for academics and their (?)Petroleum Engineering(?) program. I'm not sure what programs Utah offers but I have to imagine it played a role in his decision.

16 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Former 4* LB Mohamoud Diabate transferred to Utah. Did we not pursue him?

No idea if we pursued him but he flew over a lot of big time programs to get to Utah. There's probably a reason that we and those other programs let that happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Auburn could be the favorite for Mason Brooks

That would be great does he have a visit set with us.

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

That would be great does he have a visit set with us.

From what I have read he is on campus now visiting. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

They looked at him but never ended up pursuing.

A new name at LB who they ARE supposedly expecting to go after: Central Michigan hybrid OLB/S Troy Brown. They are also still considering Cam Bright from Pitt and Eugene Asante from UNC.

• Thanks 1

Entered portal 1/1/22-1/7/22

Still uncommitted as of 1/7/22

4 Star or better only

1/7/22 

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Entered portal 1/1/22-1/7/22

Still uncommitted as of 1/7/22

4 Star or better only

1/7/22

Thanks a bunch IM70. wde

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

....and Jones to NC State today too. They're not lasting long.

Why are we not getting these guys?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Why are we not getting these guys?

OLineman don’t want to come here because we don’t have a QB. QB’s don’t want to come here because we don’t have an Oline. 

798B3603-3DFE-43B0-A80D-D566D3E927DF.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

OLineman don’t want to come here because we don’t have a QB. QB’s don’t want to come here because we don’t have an Oline. 

Wow. Guess it is lucky we have the Basketball thing going for us…….😎

6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Y'all relax. Brooks and Nourzard are rated as two of the better linemen in the portal and we're supposedly in good spots with them. Maybe we pull O'cyruss too, but figure he goes with Napier

• Like 1

Dang...now we have to deal with recruiting against The University of Auburn and Aurburn University...can't catch a break!