Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

We still looking for a running back?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dilligas said:

Shirley Temple and another with a Woody Woodpecker

Never thought I would ever see Shirley and woody brought up in the same conversation. Another first for AUF

16 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I am very surprised Noah is transferring.  We were after him big time in high school.  He is out of IMG academy as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, toddc said:

We still looking for a running back?

He was not very good a PSU.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He was not very good a PSU.

He was injured a lot of the time.   I would say when healthy, he was very productive for them.  If he was in a system like UGA , he would be a good pick up.    

If we go after a RB, I hope it’s this guy. Brother of our decent signee Micah Riley-Ducker and had huge year as a freshman at Northern Illinois. Over 1100 yards and over 5 ypc. Three years of eligibility 

21E12034-6527-41E3-9D4F-9397C485B7AB.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

If we go after a RB, I hope it’s this guy. Brother of our decent signee Micah Riley-Ducker and had huge year as a freshman at Northern Illinois. Over 1100 yards and over 5 ypc. Three years of eligibility 

Has he gained some weight since then? 

55 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Has he gained some weight since then? 

Not sure, but I watched him the bowl game prior to him being in the portal and he’s really good. 

Nothing breaking, but just write ups on the 3 OL we're chasing.  247's top players in the portal

3. OL O’Cyrus Torrence, Louisiana
Torrence started right away as a true freshman for the Ragin’ Cajuns and was named a Freshman All-American. He’s gotten better ever since. The three-year starter earned first-team All-Sun Belt honors this season and graded out as the fourth-best offensive guard in FBS according to PFF. He was one of the best run blockers in the country, too, and hasn’t surrendered a sack in his career.

The easy assumption here is Torrence could follow his former head coach Billy Napier and position coach Darnell Stapleton to Florida. But when a lineman of his caliber and experience goes on the market — and still has two seasons of eligibility — then several Power 5 schools inevitably end up offering, including Clemson, Auburn, Ole Miss and Michigan State.

8. OL Mason Brooks, Western Kentucky
Plug-and-play starting offensive linemen are always seriously coveted on the transfer market, and Brooks has generated a lot of Power 5 interest since putting his name in the portal. The two-year starter at right tackle earned first-team All-Conference USA this fall for his work protecting Bailey Zappe and the No. 2 scoring offense in college football, playing more than 1,000 snaps with zero sacks allowed in 12 of 14 games. Texas Tech, Baylor, Ole Miss and Auburn are competing for his commitment.

9. OL Hunter Nourzad, Cornell
Who wouldn’t want an experienced Ivy League lineman on their team? Nourzad is a two-time All-Ivy League selection and was a second-team All-American in 2021. He has made 20 consecutive starts at right tackle and helped the Big Red finish with just nine sacks allowed in 10 games this season. Nourzad was also a semifinalist for the William V. Campbell Trophy as one of the nation’s top scholar-athletes. It’s no surprise, then, that he has more than a dozen Power 5 offers, including half of the schools in the Big Ten. He’s planning to visit Auburn, Iowa, Illinois, Penn State and Virginia Tech.

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Nothing breaking, but just write ups on the 3 OL we're chasing.  247's top players in the portal

Need an NIL package for these 3.   

10 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

• Thanks 1

I think he was already seriously considering up.  This has to put us as the favorites now.....shouldn't it?

Both of our competition programs bringing in transfer RBs definitely doesn’t hurt us and I think Citizen was already leaning Auburn before this.

I think he’s taking a visit to Miami and we can’t discount Mario and his recruiting although Miami has got to be a pretty tough sell right now.  

LSU's On3 site just gave updates on Kyren Lacy and O'Cyrus Torrence since they both just took visits there.

Lacy - Alabama is supposedly entering the mix here. AU felt good but that seems to be dwindling, especially if Alabama starts pushing. Hopefully we can pull this one out because the staff felt confident, but then he left without committing and went to LSU to visit.

Torrence - This one was looking more like Florida, but the LSU site is suggesting that Auburn is making a major push. This would obviously be huge as he's a significant OL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

New update on Torrence: he just locked in a visit to Florida this weekend. He's also planning a decision this weekend. So probably not very good news there unfortunately.

Maybe I am overreacting but if we can't pull in any more OL then Friend has to be fired. An entire year of recruiting with the need that we have and the playing time we can offer and we can't pull more than one OL. What is he doing? What is going on that we can't generate any interest from OL players?

Edited by nurbis