Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Would love if we could land Jalen Billingsley…freak athlete.

I thought he was one of their better players.  Kinda surprised that he’s transferring.

10 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I was thinking line him up out wide.

I feel like TEs are becoming so athletic, and some WRs are getting so big... like, what's the difference anymore, really? Kelvin Benjamin was more TE than Landen King is, physically. King is definitely leaner and probably more athletic. I'm basically considering him a WR at this point, given our depth at TE and WR. 

Sorry for all the words. Only meant to say I'm with you. And thanks for the additional info about Billingsley at bama. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I feel like TEs are becoming so athletic, and some WRs are getting so big... like, what's the difference anymore, really? Kelvin Benjamin was more TE than Landen King is, physically. King is definitely leaner and probably more athletic. I'm basically considering him a WR at this point, given our depth at TE and WR. 

Sorry for all the words. Only meant to say I'm with you. And thanks for the additional info about Billingsley at bama. 

King would be a great big target for Calzada ( can’t believe I’m saying that😮💨). I’d send him to some WR training camp over the summer and really go all in on converting this guy, because we need no depth at TE. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

King would be a great big target for Calzada ( can’t believe I’m saying that😮💨). I’d send him to some WR training camp over the summer and really go all in on converting this guy, because we need no depth at TE. 

I wish the Falcons had made the playoffs so that we could watch Kyle Pitts some more. King is almost certainly no Kyle Pitts, but I feel like that's the blueprint. 15 yards per catch! That's 3 more per than Travis Kelce. Heck, that's 3 more per than Amari Cooper. (randomly selected, "pretty good" WR)

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I wish the Falcons had made the playoffs so that we could watch Kyle Pitts some more. King is almost certainly no Kyle Pitts, but I feel like that's the blueprint. 15 yards per catch! That's 3 more per than Travis Kelce. Heck, that's 3 more per than Amari Cooper. (randomly selected, "pretty good" WR)

Pitts is a freak of nature to me, but I think we’re going to have to rethink what that means. There’s olinemen dunking b-balls and doing crazy vertical leap splits these days. Seems like half the NFL could be considered “freaks of nature “ now. Can’t imagine what the next generation will be like in football/sports. I hope we can start getting our fair share. 
Sorry, I blacked out there for a second and started typing! 😝 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

Pitts is a freak of nature to me, but I think we’re going to have to rethink what that means. There’s olinemen dunking b-balls and doing crazy vertical leap splits these days. Seems like half the NFL could be considered “freaks of nature “ now. Can’t imagine what the next generation will be like in football/sports. I hope we can start getting our fair share. 
Sorry, I blacked out there for a second and started typing! 😝 

No sir, I'm with you. It's just different shades of freaky.

Other sports, too. Ja Morant? Are you kidding me? Or Lebron or Jabari or that bama kid with the cool hair and the filthy dunk last night for that matter. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No sir, I'm with you. It's just different shades of freaky.

Other sports, too. Ja Morant? Are you kidding me? Or Lebron or Jabari or that bama kid with the cool hair and the filthy dunk last night for that matter. 

And bummers last 1000 receivers are ridiculous!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toddc said:

And bummers last 1000 receivers are ridiculous!

It's absurd watching them and LSU kids battle it out for most phenomenal rookie phenom every year. 

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

image.gif.61442e0ff9872577c6e3f1e538c977c9.gif

Excellent gif deployment, but I guarantee you that kid has been allotted 30 more seconds to deliver his pitch at least once just because of the hair. She might have still turned him down, but she only listened in the first place because of the hair. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Excellent gif deployment, but I guarantee you that kid has been allotted 30 more seconds to deliver his pitch at least once just because of the hair. She might have still turned him down, but she only listened in the first place because of the hair. 

I would absolutely never use the word cool. Lol. Looks like a clown wig.

Why is there always an Alabama player with distractingly ridiculous hair? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'm telling you. Ask the girls his age what they think of his hair. That's pretty much the only definition of cool that matters. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm telling you. Ask the girls his age what they think of his hair. That's pretty much the only definition of cool that matters. 

They may think it’s unique and cool now. Guarantee his wedding photos sport another, less ridiculous, haircut. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So we essentially have week to fill out most of our spots, anyone think we're on track to do so?

18 HS/JUCO kids

~3 Feb HS kids

2 current transfers (Calzada/Jones)

That leaves us with 9 total spots left for the portal.  I'd imagine we want at least 6 or 7 of those kids signed and on campus next week.  Anyone got a clue if we can meet that?  Seems our best shot/needs would be 

DB - Oregon Transfer
LB/Edge - Unknown
OL - ULL, Cornell, WKU
QB - Caleb or Hoover kid if we want another young guy or if there is any UGA QB fall out
WR - ULL Kid

That would be 7 with 2 remaining spots for spring transfers.  Seems like that would be our ideal plan at this moment

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2022 at 12:50 AM, IronMan70 said:

Entered portal 1/1/22-1/7/22

Still uncommitted as of 1/7/22

1/7/22

4 Star or better only

(continuing with the above that ended 1/7/22)  

Entered portal 1/8/22-1/12/22

Still uncommitted as of 1/12/22

4 STAR OR BETTER

1/12/22 

Edited by IronMan70

I don't think Hunter Johnson (North Western) is one we will want to pursue. Initial fan reaction has not been particularly complementary to say the least.

16 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

I thought he was one of their better players.  Kinda surprised that he’s transferring.

He started the year in Saban’s dog-house, not sure he ever really got out

7 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They must be trying to mimic your pic.

19 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I was thinking line him up out wide. He used to be their kick returner…would be a match up nightmare. But. I do know he stayed in Saban’s doghouse & was called out for his work ethic. Don’t know how that would workout with BH..

I doubt BH wants that headache to be honest.  If the guy had work ethic problems in that system at uat, he wouldn't cut it here either.  You've got the want to do the right thing and do your part 24/7 in both Saban & Harsin's programs.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JerryAU said:

I doubt BH wants that headache to be honest.  If the guy had work ethic problems in that system at uat, he wouldn't cut it here either.  You've got the want to do the right thing and do your part 24/7 in both Saban & Harsin's programs.  

One of the things I like about Harsin.  He does seem very Saban-like in the fact he runs a pretty tight ship and doesn’t seem to put up with any BS.  I feel like that has been missing from the program for a while, and one thing that led to a lot of issues. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m watching LSU vs Florida mens Basketball and there’s one guy with pig tails like Shirley Temple and another with a Woody Woodpecker thing going on like a ponytail, but over the forehead.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I’m watching LSU vs Florida mens Basketball and there’s one guy with pig tails like Shirley Temple and another with a Woody Woodpecker thing going on like a ponytail, but over the forehead.

Lol yep. He's the Jamaican Unicorn at our house 😂😂

28 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

One of the things I like about Harsin.  He does seem very Saban-like in the fact he runs a pretty tight ship and doesn’t seem to put up with any BS.  I feel like that has been missing from the program for a while, and one thing that led to a lot of issues. 

I too like having an extremely disciplined HC. I am very hesitant to give Saban any credit by calling it Saban-like. I suspect many if not most football HC’s fall in that category.