NCAA Penalties

Dunndone414

20 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

So is it 8 total, 2 for each season or two spread out over 4 years?

9 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Is it two per year? The fact will freakin Wade us still coaching is infuriating

Its two total spread out over 4 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Did you pay to watch Bruce sweat on the sidelines or the guys playing on the court?

I'd pay to watch both actually. Bruce is interesting to watch during a game. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Feeling good about this. 

Glad we self imposed. 

Hate the budget cut

We can survive the scholly reductions but maybe an appeal brings that down to 1/yr? 

Its not even 1 per year right now.  Its half a scholly per year.

22 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

We just got off pretty light.  No way is it worth appealing.

Add 4 add'l years of probation and 1 year post season ban that resulted in recruiting hardships since 2017.  It's not light all things considered.  I know it feels like a victory, b/c you never know with the NCAA, but that's 15% less roster through 2025...quite a disadvantage.

• Like 4

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I understood it as 2 per year

EVEN BETTER

4 years of scholarship and budget reduction? The NCAA can kiss the whitest side of my you-know-what!

Meanwhile Will Wade is over at LSU making strong-a** offers to a full revisiting class?

Nah, that bird isn't going to fly!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

oh...I've seen it explained as 2 per year...but you're thinking over the total 4.

Edited by AUDevil

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

4 years of scholarship and budget reduction? The NCAA can kiss the whitest side of my you-know-what!

Meanwhile Will Wade is over at LSU making strong-a** offers to a full revisiting class?

Nah, that bird isn't going to fly!

This better be a message to Wade that he is in major trouble. Better be very soon

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Add 4 add'l years of probation and 1 year post season ban that resulted in recruiting hardships since 2017.  It's not light all things considered.  I know it feels like a victory, b/c you never know with the NCAA, but that's 15% less roster through 2025...quite a disadvantage.

Gives bammer time to counter the magic that is Bruce Pearl.....and helps them become a powerful program while they hamper ours. And they weren't clean either....

It is only a reduction of 2 total scholarships over the span of 4 years. Also Bruce Has to sit for 2 games. 
I agree that it was good that we self-imposed. Those programs that did not self impose are going to get annihilated.

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Go re-read the letter.  The NCAA said we should have gotten a two year post-season ban.  Instead its only one because of our cooperation and self-imposing sanctions.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

oh...I've seen it explained as 2 per year...but you're thinking over the total 4.

Not thinking.  Its in the letter spelled out as 2 over 4.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Go re-read the letter.  The NCAA said we should have gotten a two year post-season ban.  Instead its only one because of our cooperation and self-imposing sanctions.

Oh? Well if they have any scruples they'll give Kansas, Louisville, and LSU the death penalty

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Oh? Well if they have any scruples they'll give Kansas, Louisville, and LSU the death penalty

Are they even investigating LSU? 

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what the heck is this for??  Is this still from the Person BS?

Correct. The NCAA takes their sweet time. He's been punished, we self imposed a postseason ban, and still this.

They are a joke at best.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Players involved had to repay the money. One was banned for a year. The other a year and a half. AU did not sign or recruit any kids for a year. Coach involved was immediately fired and is in Jail. Self imposed post season ban. And now they want to hit a little more?

Ready for the press conference where Green announces a no confidence vote in Emmert and the NCAA. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Its two total spread out over 4 years.

Keep telling them over and over again. It seems they either don't read well or they are getting bad info.:slapfh:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Players involved had to repay the money. One was banned for a year. The other a year and a half. AU did not sign or recruit any kids for a year. Coach involved was immediately fired and is in Jail. Self imposed post season ban. And now they want to hit a little more?

Ready for the press conference where Green announces a no confidence vote in Emmert and the NCAA. 

We lose Bruce for two games that we should win going away and two total scholarships over 4 years.  Those schollys probably would have been given to a walk-on.

The NCAA barely touched us today.

• Like 2