NCAA Penalties

Dunndone414

51 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I told my brother the same thing. The sad part is that this will keep a walk on from getting the scholarship this year.

However if we are using the NIL system correctly, we can find a business that will help pay for his scholarship.

That's what I'm hoping will happen. I hate it for the kid who gets left out, but maybe there will be another way around it with the NIL. The timing with the NIL being available certainly works out in Auburn's favor considering today's news. 

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Forde absolutely hates Auburn.  He's a Louisville Inbred lol

He hates UL too. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Forde absolutely hates Auburn.  He's a Louisville Inbred lol

He got professionally embarrassed with the Cam Newton rumors that turned out to be nothing , and he's been seething ever since. He goes out of his way to try and hurt Auburn every chance he gets. He makes a living being bitter and mean. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

what does "4 years probation" mean?

Pretty much means that we can't slip up in the near future. 

• Like 1

I would love if this site did something for NIL. Like an option for members to contribute would be amazing and then the site contract a player to come on and have a chat or do a video chat once a month or something. It could really help with walkons which is something I think would be cool.

1 minute ago, fasttimes said:

but we can still play post season?

Yes

• Like 1

I don’t think we could afford to take many players next season anyway. You lose Jabari and Flan and probably no one else unless an end of bench guy decided to transfer. You already got Westry and the two sport fella. Doesn’t really hurt in the intermediate 

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Players involved had to repay the money. One was banned for a year. The other a year and a half. AU did not sign or recruit any kids for a year. Coach involved was immediately fired and is in Jail. Self imposed post season ban. And now they want to hit a little more?

Ready for the press conference where Green announces a no confidence vote in Emmert and the NCAA. 

We always take this crap lying down. Pisses me off.

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

He got professionally embarrassed with the Cam Newton rumors that turned out to be nothing , and he's been seething ever since. He goes out of his way to try and hurt Auburn every chance he gets. He makes a living being bitter and mean. 

He's just a sh***y human being who likes to show himself. Can't stand him.

It is satisfying to see Pat Forde get the epic beating he so deserves........on Twitter.:beatmullet:

To those who think Auburn got a slap on the wrist? :tease:

Take the medicine. Consider it a win. Move on.

47 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The trolling in Pate Fordes twitter comments is epic 

How is this trolling? He just said word for word what the sanctions were...?

6 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Auburn is not going to appeal anything. They accepted most of our self imposed penalties and we only have to surrender 2 scholarship total over the next four years. Take the W and move on. 

Right. We held them to a field goal, instead of a touchdown is a way to look at it.

But

It still sucks for Auburn to be penalized when in no fashion did the basketball program benefit from what Person did. At least that is how I understand it to be.

6 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

We always take this crap lying down. Pisses me off.

We took a short term hit for the long term health of the program and it was rewarded.  NCAA said we really should have gotten a multi year post-season ban, but they looked favorably upon us because of the self-imposed stuff.

Compliance department deserves huge props for this.  We got off kind of light.

• Like 5