NCAA Penalties

Dunndone414

A multi year post season ban for what a single coach was doing unbeknownst to the head coach would have been utterly ridiculous. The NCAA didn't give us that because it wasn't warranted, despite their fiction to the contrary. 

• Like 3

Didn’t Okie St only get a 1 year postseason ban for the same thing? Blows my mind people think we got off light with all the damage done by that scandal. It’s no small miracle the program weathered that storm and we were able to maintain pretty good to great teams throughout. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Didn’t Okie St only get a 1 year postseason ban for the same thing? Blows my mind people think we got off light with all the damage done by that scandal. It’s no small miracle the program weathered that storm and we were able to maintain pretty good to great teams throughout. 

I don't understand the "got off light" thinking. We had two talented players suspended for extended periods of time. We declared ineligible for post season play one season. Coach Pearl is now suspended for two games. We are on four more years of probation. There is a significant financial fine to be paid.

All that for something that didn't help Auburn in the slightest, recruiting or competitiveness-wise. It was overkill by the NCAA. Probably because they hate Pearl, Auburn or both. Nothing fair or small about all of this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This just passes me off.  IMHO we should have gotten nothing.  The kids were suspended over a year and the perpetrator gets a show cause … oh yeah, and JAIL.  I think there’s been enough punishment.  Auburn should have gotten zilch.  

the probation should be retroactive to 17/18 like all the other penalties.  I’m most pissed that anything at all was levied against Bruce.  What’s the point of a 2 games suspension other than to embarrass him?!

Edited by mustache eagle
  • Like 3

Well fact is whether you like it or not this was deemed an acceptable ruling in the grand scheme of things and something we are willing to accept. Time to be done with it and move on. It’s a done deal, no need to get panties in a wad. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Well fact is whether you like it or not this was deemed an acceptable ruling in the grand scheme of things and something we are willing to accept. Time to be done with it and move on. It’s a done deal, no need to get panties in a wad. 

I actually think I would appeal the 4 years simply bcause we have essentially already been handcuffed for about that long bcause they drug it out. Wouldn't worry about it too much, but it is definitely excessive. No biggie tho.

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

The probation should be retroactive to 17/18 like all the other penalties.  

This is my take. I'm not mad about anything else in the ruling, but - as many have stated - we've already been serving a probation, effectively, what with the feet-dragging from NCAA and negative recruiting, uncertainty, etc.

Last time I checked Mark Emerit is the President of the NCAA (Ex President of LSU and friend of Nick Saban), what did the NCAA do to North Carolina, what did they do to LSU, other cheating programs? Fight this because they think we will lay down, piss on em.

On 12/10/2021 at 2:36 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

The trolling in Pate Fordes twitter comments is epic 

Who’s the “unnamed asst coach” that got the 1 yr show cause? 

8 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

Tell the NCAA to piss off, if they wanted to enforce something it should have been bama’s pay for play over the last 20 years.  If you don’t do your job, you get fired.  Mark is a paid off b1tch.  

Hell ya!!!  🤘🏼

2 hours ago, The Defiant said:

Last time I checked Mark Emerit is the President of the NCAA (Ex President of LSU and friend of Nick Saban), what did the NCAA do to North Carolina, what did they do to LSU, other cheating programs? Fight this because they think we will lay down, piss on em.

Emeritt is LSU AD’s relative, I doubt the NCAA does anything to LSU for Will Wade’s actions (proven on wiretap) OR their football investigation.  They just won’t touch LSU or Alabama. 

56 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

With the NIL availability, the loss of scholarship should not effect us if we are doing things right!

Yep, just make the ones you get count a bit more. Will limit some of your margin of error with getting those 5 stars, but if anyone will be fine, it's Pearl 

3 hours ago, keesler said:

Emeritt is LSU AD’s relative, I doubt the NCAA does anything to LSU for Will Wade’s actions (proven on wiretap) OR their football investigation.  They just won’t touch LSU or Alabama. 

His name is Mark Emmert....fyi

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't understand the "got off light" thinking. We had two talented players suspended for extended periods of time. We declared ineligible for post season play one season. Coach Pearl is now suspended for two games. We are on four more years of probation. There is a significant financial fine to be paid.

All that for something that didn't help Auburn in the slightest, recruiting or competitiveness-wise. It was overkill by the NCAA. Probably because they hate Pearl, Auburn or both. Nothing fair or small about all of this.

Bingo.