NCAA Penalties

Dunndone414

32 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

It is only a reduction of 2 total scholarships over the span of 4 years. Also Bruce Has to sit for 2 games. 
I agree that it was good that we self-imposed. Those programs that did not self impose are going to get annihilated.

I will believe that when I see it.....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

ESPN article seemed to indicate Will Wade is part of a separate investigation. 

exactly.

I don't know why we are even talking about other schools. Who cares.

Today is a day to finally get it out, over, and breathe a sigh of relief that it went pretty much how it could of gone to be satisfied with the results.

Especially knowing how the NCAA does things without any connection to what a school does to punish themselves.

It looked like our self-impositions kept the NCAA at bay, and simply they had to save face by adding the Pearl ban, and the additional scholarship penalties. 

I am satisfied. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Keep telling them over and over again. It seems they either don't read well or they are getting bad info.:slapfh:

More like a game of telephone.  I, like many, haven't seen or read the actual document...just reading tweets and posts with general terminology which can be interpreted any number of ways.

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So we still get to keep 50 scholarships?

So if its 52 over 4 years, we would get to keep 50, yes.  Usually that last scholarship goes to a walk-on.  That kid is the one hurt here.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 2

Wow there are some really upset national media people. And of course that same Alabama fan who covers AU douche bag from al.com is upset. We should bar that guy from the premises.

It is comical that Pat Forde is on the zoom call asking why Auburn only received a one-year ban from postseason. He is beside himself and cannot believe it. 

Anyone in the state that has been an Auburn fan over the last 40 years knows how this works. There is an all out media bias against Auburn. local media, national media, it does not matter. Anybody that lived through the Cam Newton saga knows this to be true. Heck look at what Harsin had to endure the first year he is here.
…it is unreal…

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So we still get to keep 50 scholarships?

My understanding is this - normal NCAA rules allow a max of 13 players on scholarship at any time. due to the penalty we will only be allowed a max of 11 scholarship players at any time for the next 4 years (the probation period). 

Do I have this right?

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

So if its 52 over 4 years, we would get to keep 50, yes.  Usually that last scholarship goes to a walk-on.  That kid is the one hurt here.

I told my brother the same thing. The sad part is that this will keep a walk on from getting the scholarship this year.

However if we are using the NIL system correctly, we can find a business that will help pay for his scholarship.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ertrader said:

My understanding is this - normal NCAA rules allow a max of 13 players on scholarship at any time. due to the penalty we will only be allowed a max of 11 scholarship players at any time for the next 4 years (the probation period). 

Do I have this right?

no, we lose a 1/2 scholarship each year...hope that helps.

Seriously, as Brad explained above it's only 2 scholarships TOTAL spread out over the 4 years.  Looks like we can choose which years to apply them.  We're typically at 11 or 12 anyway.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1

Total bull****. Auburn should 100% appeal. Auburn has already served a 4-year probation waiting on the NCAA to make a decision the past 4 years. 

The biggest issue is being without 2 scholarships for 4 years - that is absolutely insane! 

I would stick my middle finger up to the NCAA - tell them to go punish Kansas and then we’ll talk. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, ertrader said:

Do I have this right?

If it's 2 over 4 years then that's essentially the same as 12.5 per year. Not 11 per year. That's my math, not what was in the article I read. It said 2 over 4 years. 

17 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Wow there are some really upset national media people. And of course that same Alabama fan who covers AU douche bag from al.com is upset. We should bar that guy from the premises.

It is comical that Pat Forde is on the zoom call asking why Auburn only received a one-year ban from postseason. He is beside himself and cannot believe it. 

Anyone in the state that has been an Auburn fan over the last 40 years knows how this works. There is an all out media bias against Auburn. local media, national media, it does not matter. Anybody that lived through the Cam Newton saga knows this to be true. Heck look at what Harsin had to endure the first year he is here.
…it is unreal…

Good, let them be upset. 

13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

no, we lose a 1/2 scholarship each year...hope that helps.

Seriously, as Brad explained above it's only 2 scholarships TOTAL spread out over the 4 years.  Looks like we can choose which years to apply them.  We're typically at 11 or 12 anyway.

Gotcha, thanks. Seems like this will mostly impact a walk-ons ability to earn an unused and available scholarship, unfortunately.

They get their "Auburn is on probation again" headline, so they'll find a way to make it work for them.

Frustrating that it's effectively a 7 year probation, as we've had this hanging over our heads for the last 3 seasons now. But whatever, we can finally move on

• Like 2

Man, when stated that way, really have to hand it to Pearl and staff relative to the way they have recruited. Gotta think some of our recruits had other coaches in their ear about what they could miss going to a school who could be penalized. One more thing to love about Pearl.!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

exactly.

I don't know why we are even talking about other schools. Who cares.

Today is a day to finally get it out, over, and breathe a sigh of relief that it went pretty much how it could of gone to be satisfied with the results.

Especially knowing how the NCAA does things without any connection to what a school does to punish themselves.

It looked like our self-impositions kept the NCAA at bay, and simply they had to save face by adding the Pearl ban, and the additional scholarship penalties. 

I am satisfied. 

My daily dumb question..Am I to understand that we are not having to miss any postseason possibilities with this final Decree? Just losing 2 scholarships over 4 years..will we get credit for the 1 scholarship that we already “self-imposed?”

Edited by au701948

5 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Man, when stated that way, really have to hand it to Pearl and staff relative to the way they have recruited. Gotta think some of our recruits had other coaches in their ear about what they could miss going to a school who could be penalized. One more thing to love about Pearl.!

True that! The NCAA tried to stretch this out forever to maximize its impact against AU and BP said FU!!! I'll go sign top players regardless of ongoing investigations. 

Just now, au701948 said:

My daily dumb question..Am I to understand that we are not having to miss any postseason possibilities with this final Decree?

Correct we are clear for postseason stuff

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The bammers, Pat Forde and their ilk are hopping mad and you can inject every bit of that straight into my veins. 

Hope he enjoys his crow. 

Screenshot_20211210-130235~2.png

• Like 6