Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Calzada is apparently visiting today per some pay sites.  He'd be such a massive disappointment.  He's worse than TJ.

I'm a bit scared of how many ppl will buy into him b/c "he beat bama"

Oh my God no

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Calzada is apparently visiting today per some pay sites.  He'd be such a massive disappointment.  He's worse than TJ.

I'm a bit scared of how many ppl will buy into him b/c "he beat bama"

Worse than TJ? No way. At least Calzada would complete routine pass plays. Is he the best out there? No, but if we lose out on our top two, Calzada would give us a better transition and give Geriner a chance to develop.

Anyone that can beat Alabama, is better than TJ. ( as the poster who doesn't like the fact he did beat Alabama, I am not saying I want him) :)

Edited by steeleagle
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

He is apparently our backup option if we do not land one of our top two targets.

Gabriel is one of them.

Who is the other? Williams? Vandergriff?  Someone else?

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Gabriel is one of them.

I don't think I can say here, but it is on the donor side, per WDE.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

He is apparently our backup option if we do not land one of our top two targets.

Who are our top 2??

I haven't seen us linked to anyone that's still available. Unless we're buying to Gabriel as one.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Worse than TJ? No way. At least Calzada would complete routine pass plays. Is he the best out there? No, but if we lose out on our top two, Calzada would give us a better transition and give Geriner a chance to develop.

Anyone that can beat Alabama, is better than TJ. ( as the poster who doesn't like the fact he did beat Alabama, I am not saying I want him) :)

Have you watched Calzada?? He's a 55% passer with nothing special about him and little upside.  TJ vs Calzada was pretty similar. 

TJ at least has upside 

Edited by W.E.D

57 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Gabriel is one of them.

Like others, I think CWilliams is a pipe dream, but if that did happen, it would be amazing!

Gabriel would certainly be an improvement.   I would welcome that option.   

Whoever loses the uga job would still probably win the job at AU, but if it’s one of the two with no experience we would still have to overcome that issue.  
Same issue with Ward.   It’s a pretty steep incline from UIW to the SECW!

Oh, I forgot.  As for Calzada, I would say pass.   Not sure who would win between him and TJ.  

Edited by AUpreacherman22

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Same issue with Ward.   It’s a pretty steep incline from UIW to the SECW!

You could say the same about the jump from FCS to NFL but plenty of players have proven that talent shines wherever it goes. 

I'll still buy the Caleb Williams to Auburn news when I see it, but there's definitely some smoke to him leaving OU.

Williams to AU definitely fit the "jaw dropping" motif. I wonder if the rumor merchants were being clever when they said it'd be from an SEC rival.

RDT_20220103_1420037253500165923388914.jpg

RDT_20220103_1420107746997384127638249.jpg

If he's really focused on the long game of the NFL, he's drawn comparisons to Russel Wilson in the past. Just so happens were are bringing Russel Wilson's QB coach to the plains next year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Have you watched Calzada?? He's a 55% passer with nothing special about him and little upside.  TJ vs Calzada was pretty similar. 

TJ at least has upside 

Calzada is a lot better than TJ. Calzada went 21 for 31 for 285 and 3 TD's vs Bama. His last game for TAMU he was 20 of 35 for 242 and 3 td's at LSU. Calzada is not the sexiest option but he would be a massive upgrade from TJ. I bet Calzada is a fall back plan if we cannot land one of the big fish transfer QB's. TJ is very erratic and if he is our starter next season we have big problems.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Calzada is a lot better than TJ. Calzada went 21 for 31 for 285 and 3 TD's vs Bama. Calzada is not the sexiest option but he would be a massive upgrade from TJ. TJ is not good and if he is our starter next season we have big problems.

I'm of the opinion that if we have Calzada OR TJ at QB1 next season we have big problems.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, WarEagle2 said:

I'm of the opinion that if we have Calzada OR TJ at QB1 next season we have big problems.

Calzada is not as bad as people are making him out to be in this thread. Once a narrative gets going it is tough to put the brakes on it and get people to be rationale. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Calzada is a lot better than TJ. Calzada went 21 for 31 for 285 and 3 TD's vs Bama. His last game for TAMU he was 20 of 35 for 242 and 3 td's at LSU. Calzada is not the sexiest option but he would be a massive upgrade from TJ. I bet Calzada is a fall back plan if we cannot land one of the big fish transfer QB's. TJ is very erratic and if he is our starter next season we have big problems.

Look at the million other trash games for Calzada. TJ has one or two good games too.

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Getting TJ Finley and Zach Calzada in back to back seasons would deservingly make people give our QB whisperer HC some very dirty looks

Agree.

I don't want TJ next year either. But Calzada isn't much better and I think TJ has upside if he can develop