Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

30 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He's a True Freshman. That's pretty much 99.9% of True Freshman. 

I wouldn't read too much into that 

So he’s gonna come here and have to learn a brand new playbook as a Redshirt Freshman and take the starter’s job by the balls? Don’t think so. He’s a year out at minimum. 

Carson Beck's an interesting name. Seems to be the forgotten man in the UGA QB room, but after watching some highlights, I'm intrigued. 6'4 with a cannon. Maybe it's actually him who leaves and not BV

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

So he’s gonna come here and have to learn a brand new playbook as a Redshirt Freshman and take the starter’s job by the balls? Don’t think so. He’s a year out at minimum. 

I don't totally disagree, but he'd probably be the favorite if he transfered in this spring. It's not like we have a true locked in starter.

But we really need a proven guy this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Cameron Ward still very much interests me.

The fact that he hasn't followed his former head coach to WSU gives me hope we can't entice him to the Plains.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Cameron Ward still very much interests me.

I watched his film when his name was first mentioned on this board. I like him a lot but do you think we could sell other players on him?

3 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I watched his film when his name was first mentioned on this board. I like him a lot but do you think we could sell other players on him?

Hope that he and several others are still available in the Portal when the coaching staff makes a push for someone.

Ward is a gamer. He has good to great ball placement. Completed 4th down passes and crucial throws to win the game with seconds left on the clock. Yeah, I think we could find some receivers that would play with a QB like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Why was he so overlooked during recruiting? Grades? Size?

Went to a small HS that Played in a wing T offense so he didn’t have enough film of him throwing the ball 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Scare you in a good way or in a “Freshman Bo” way?

In a freshman Bo way. Personally I don’t care how he throws it so long as he can throw it. What scares me is always the possibility of what may happen when they try to tweak them. I feel the same when someone goes to the NBA and they tweak their shooting form. However this is my extremely uneducated opinion. 

• Like 1

We are very much in a bind right now in terms of quarterback. But that is beyond obvious.  I have to think that the coaches have somebody in mind. Can’t go into next year with what we have, although Holden might be good enough to start. I’m telling myself that the coaches have this covered.  I have had a little extra time on my hands lately and just doing some extremely basic, Layman’s research, I think this Incarnate Word quarterback maybe the cream of the crop. That being said, Bo was up there, as well. Ward appears calm, and very athletic. Not very big. Not a lot of QB talent in the portal.  Or rather, there no doubt is, but many of them haven’t seen enough action to show.  Coaches impressed me with recruiting, very very pleasantly surprised there.  I’m confident they have the QB situation covered.  Also that Cornell OT would be a wonderful addition.  Get him down here, show him some southern hospitality! Although I thought I read somewhere that he was from Georgia. Even better. You know them Cornell girls ain’t much to look at. He’s got to be missing our Southern beauties. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Why?

Chances are that TJ might get injured again (esp behind this OL) which would leave us with two FR QBs (another injury and we would be in deep trouble).

• Like 1

You’re right.  DD has a ton of potential and Holden, too.  I don’t have nearly as much football knowledge as you do but I just can’t see Finley as much more than a backup. But I sincerely don’t know what I am talking about.  I wish we had seen DD a little bit this year just to give us a taste. But the coaches know a hell of a lot more than I know. 
I don’t mean to trash talk Finley and I’m very glad we have him as a backup, and from all accounts he is a solid young man and I appreciate him. But I hope we have a more talented QB as a starter.  Again I have no experience/knowledge to back up anything I say.  I am just a diehard fan and alum  

@bigbirdWhat are your thoughts on DD? Or Holden? Do you think one of the two of them will start next year? Or Finley? Or a transfer? Just your gut feeling?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Chances are that TJ might get injured again (esp behind this OL) which would leave us with two FR QBs (another injury and we would be in deep trouble).

If that's the reason, I agree. If it's because we don't have the talent, then I disagree.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

@bigbirdWhat are your thoughts on DD? Or Holden? Do you think one of the two of them will start next year? Or Finley? Or a transfer? Just your gut feeling?  

I believe if neither TJ or DD take the job, then the coaches may be inclined to roll with HG.  They are sky high on him and his abilities.

IMO, Dee is the best option right now, especially with our OL struggles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I believe if neither TJ or DD take the job, then the coaches may be inclined to roll with HG.  They are sky high on him and his abilities.

IMO, Dee is the best option right now, especially with our OL struggles.

I think it’s important to note DD will have a full year under the present system. I realize he hasn’t played any games but that year has to of had a positive influence.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUreo said:

We have no idea what our O-line will look like next year. I personally don't think it is possible to be any worse than this year's or last year's. If it's TJ, you can call plays to allow him to get rid of the ball quicker. We have no idea how good DD is. He will be a redshirt freshman who enrolled early so almost a sophomore (exact same situation as Johnny Football exp wise). HG will enroll early. I think one of the walk-ons was very close to getting a scholarship, so it's not a meltdown if by some crazy chance we lose 3 QB's to injury. We'll be ok, but definitely would be great to find a QB who has exp and fits the system/team if one pops in the portal.

3 hours ago, AUreo said:

Wyoming QB is in the portal now!

Freshman ran wild today like Matt Jones. No idea if he can throw. 60% completion rate this year. Texas native.