Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

On 12/28/2021 at 10:22 PM, au302 said:

It doesn't take an expert to see the OL is bad. Been that way since 2018 when the last of the old guard left. Hence Stidham's regression from '17 to '18. Regardless, the QB's have missed throws when they have had time, including every frickin deep ball. Hold the line gents. I'm hoping Harsin has someone lined up who is waiting for bowl season to end

It is true the Qb's have missed throws when they were getting solid protection. In defense of both BO and TJ when the O-line has been bad for a long time sometimes you still rush throws because you don't trust the O-line. QB's with bad O-lines sometimes have happy feet even when they don't need to. I mentioned in another thread where Cole and I disagreed that if you put TJ behind the bama or GA. O-line he just might throw a lot better just because he was confident in his protection.

Confidence in sports can make you a lot better player. It is hard to be confident when your O-line is not very consistent.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Some sites claiming Dillion Gabriel might still be able option

I would like for him to be in the mix. I think he wins the job

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What sites?  Can you give us links or where your seeing this?  This would be good news, if true.

23 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

What sites?  Can you give us links or where your seeing this?  This would be good news, if true.

Niebuhr

48 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That would be a solid get.  He's got tons of experience.  If healthy he's instantly the starter from what little I've seen him play.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

That would be a solid get.  He's got tons of experience.  If healthy he's instantly the starter from what little I've seen him play.

He's got an elite deep ball. But he's pretty inconsistent and inaccurate everywhere else

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Someone on On3 said jaws would drop when the QB news dropped but then went dead silent. Guess this is what he was referencing

• Like 1

12 hours ago, au302 said:

Someone on On3 said jaws would drop when the QB news dropped but then went dead silent. Guess this is what he was referencing

DG would be a decent pick up, but far short of “jaw dropping”.  IMHO, Jaw dropping would be a very good starter at a P5 school, or a record breaking G5 QB jumps ship to come to AU.  

19 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

DG would be a decent pick up, but far short of “jaw dropping”.  IMHO, Jaw dropping would be a very good starter at a P5 school, or a record breaking G5 QB jumps ship to come to AU.  

Not sure if it is record breaking, but DGs resume is above average. 

D5ED5DD4-1D1C-4378-9273-5A9000F6C5B5.png

13 hours ago, au302 said:

That is because some news is not meant to get out or it can backfire. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Not sure if it is record breaking, but DGs resume is above average. 

D5ED5DD4-1D1C-4378-9273-5A9000F6C5B5.png

His comp% isn't great, but I'd like to see a passing chart before really  determining if he's really just avg accuracy at best...

But he throws the ball down field really really well, especially deep. Something we haven't had in probably a decade. 

56 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

The #2 pick in last year's draft played at BYU.  The #3 pick played at the FCS level.  The P5/G5 thing is so overblown.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The P5/G5 thing is so overblown.

Somebody gonna come at you for this after we lost to that lowly G5 team the other day

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Would you choose Finley or Gabriel as your starting QB for next year?

I think Gabriel is waiting to see what RTR is doing at UCLA. Since their bowl game was cancelled he should be making a decision very soon, then we will know if Gabriel is on our radar or not.

Personally, he is a West Coast guy, so I would think he might still want to find a place out there closer to home (Hawaii).....

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

The #2 pick in last year's draft played at BYU.  The #3 pick played at the FCS level.  The P5/G5 thing is so overblown.

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Would you choose Finley or Gabriel as your starting QB for next year?

I don’t think anyone at all including TJ Finley’s mom would argue that TJ would start over Gabriel.   He would be a good pickup and our starter, day 1.   My point was I wouldn’t consider him to be a “jaw-dropping” pickup.   I realize media talking heads use overblown language in their headlines as click bait.   So what they would call “jaw dropping” would be vastly different than what I would consider “jaw dropping”.  

Also, there is no doubt that there are several good G5 players.   But one of them transferring to a bigger stage (P5) is usually not “jaw dropping”.  It’s a good career move.

With the current situation at AU with "PTB" and "OL" it would be pretty difficult to lure a "jaw-dropping" HC or QB in Portal so here we are.

40 minutes ago, autan said:

With the current situation at AU with "PTB" and "OL" it would be pretty difficult to lure a "jaw-dropping" HC or QB in Portal so here we are.

Depends on your definition of jaw-dropping. If we need a new coach in a few years I just want a Pittman-level hire.

Also, TIFWIW but they highlighted Allen in the crowd having fun on Wednesday night. Just a gut feeling but I'm not sure that's the sort of thing some lame duck AD would do.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Would expect the QB from Michigan to transfer after tonight 

Hearing that the new QB is not in the portal yet but plays for another SEC team... JT Daniels?