Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

On 12/22/2021 at 10:38 AM, Zeek said:

Cameron Ward still very much interests me.

He’s been my #1 qb target for awhile now. He’s got all the physical tools, great ball placement, can make all the throws, stays calm under pressure and can escape pressure, and a very fast release on the ball.

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 1

Bump.  I'm really, really hoping for a home run QB transfer or 2 to appear after bowl season.  I was really excited to land TJ last spring, but at 0-3 as a starter-he just doesn't seem to be the answer.  The meltdown threads are white hit in the football forum discussing why DD isn't getting a shot.  So, it seems like he isn't the answer for coach Harsin either.  The freshman Geriner needs some time to acclimate to the SeC, unless he is really special. Fingers and toes crossed we catch a break here.  It should be a wide open QB1 at Auburn for anyone interested.

42 minutes ago, KnoxAubie said:

Bump.  I'm really, really hoping for a home run QB transfer or 2 to appear after bowl season.  I was really excited to land TJ last spring, but at 0-3 as a starter-he just doesn't seem to be the answer.  The meltdown threads are white hit in the football forum discussing why DD isn't getting a shot.  So, it seems like he isn't the answer for coach Harsin either.  The freshman Geriner needs some time to acclimate to the SeC, unless he is really special. Fingers and toes crossed we catch a break here.  It should be a wide open QB1 at Auburn for anyone interested.

Getting a shiny new QB won’t fix the Oline. 

Reference: Jarrett Stidham

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Taco said:

Right. Our qbs and rbs will be better and Harsin will be a better coach once an improved oline is on the field

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Brock Vandagriff to Auburn?

He'd be a good pick, but we need experience. Our fanbase needs to stop inserting random Tr or RS freshman as our QB savor

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taco said:

Agreed.  But serious question- do you think we have our 22 starter on campus already?  Even with a some miracle OL transfers-I'm not sold on Finley and CBH clearly isn't sold on DD.  Don't you think an upgrade at QB is necessary despite however well we do getting OL transfers 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KnoxAubie said:

Agreed.  But serious question- do you think we have our 22 starter on campus already?  Even with a some miracle OL transfers-I'm not sold on Finley and CBH clearly isn't sold on DD.  Don't you think an upgrade at QB is necessary despite however well we do getting OL transfers 

We are missing countless starters.  We should be able to add about 10 more kids in the portal. Lots of starters 

4 hours ago, Taco said:

Well we did made it to the SEC championship and beat 2 #1 teams with him. I agree with the overall premise though- the OL is really in rough shape. But watching TJ makes it just as important as the OL IMO. He is not the answer. 
we need So Much help. 

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We are missing countless starters.  We should be able to add about 10 more kids in the portal. Lots of starters 

It is obvious that the holes we have on this team are numerous. I feel like we are coming off of sanctions. Hahaha 

It doesn't take an expert to see the OL is bad. Been that way since 2018 when the last of the old guard left. Hence Stidham's regression from '17 to '18. Regardless, the QB's have missed throws when they have had time, including every frickin deep ball. Hold the line gents. I'm hoping Harsin has someone lined up who is waiting for bowl season to end

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 12/23/2021 at 1:06 PM, PigskinPat said:

He’s been my #1 qb target for awhile now. He’s got all the physical tools, great ball placement, can make all the throws, stays calm under pressure and can escape pressure, and a very fast release on the ball.

man his release is incredible.   I don't think that is natural - he must have had some fresh batteries or something going on.

He played tall and saw the field well also.  

This guy looks like a no-brainer.   Is he avail?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He'd be a good pick, but we need experience. Our fanbase needs to stop inserting random Tr or RS freshman as our QB savor

Exactly and at the moment we are losing the QB sweepstakes. It also makes me wonder that in the meeting between Harsin and Bo (including Pat) that Harsin didn't put on his recruiting hat and "recruit" Bo to stay. Unless Harsin really has some great QB that is going to transfer after the bowl games, we are going to be in seriously bad shape at QB next year and that will fall squarely on Harsin.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

man his release is incredible.   I don't think that is natural - he must have had some fresh batteries or something going on.

He’s had several offers, but has not selected a school yet.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, woodford said:

When does the transfer portal close before the start of the 22 season?

Your name has to be in the portal by some date.  Like July 15th or August 1st.  It'll be a while

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Thought May 1st?

Pretty sure Demetrius Robertson put his name in a lot later than that

NCAA website says you have you notify your school by July 1st

Edited by W.E.D

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

He slings it, it's an interesting release. Some of the other clips show some touch and wind up too.

Unless we're putting all of our eggs in the Cameron Ward sweepstakes, I buy the folks saying it will be a guy still in the bowl game. But there's only so many bowl games left, so the list can't be long of potential guys. 

I'm thinking that if BV doesn't leave, Carson Beck will. They're bound to have attrition there. Makes the most sense since they're pro-style and would fit well with Harsin. At least I'm hoping 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, au302 said:

Unless we're putting all of our eggs in the Cameron Ward sweepstakes, I buy the folks saying it will be a guy still in the bowl game. But there's only so many bowl games left, so the list can't be long of potential guys. 

I'm thinking that if BV doesn't leave, Carson Beck will. They're bound to have attrition there. Makes the most sense since they're pro-style and would fit well with Harsin. At least I'm hoping 

Bryce Young wants to come to Auburn? 😅

He'd definitely be playing behind a marginally better O-Line (assuming he listens to the complaints of the bammers).

• Love 1

20 hours ago, au302 said:

I see this as our best chance to get a pro style QB, with any type of college experience, and is close to home, and they will like Harsin's play calling in protecting the QB w/ TEs and RB passing options.

The problem I see, is that any TP QB will not look favorable, if he looks at our OL to support him at being a successful QB.

Somehow Harsin has to sell any transfer QB on 'potential' OL support, and that's a big IF....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Somehow Harsin has to sell any transfer QB on 'potential' OL support, and that's a big IF....

This assumes there's another program out there that 1) is a better situation and 2) wants them.

Not saying there isn't- might even be a long list- but it does need to be taken into account. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 1:56 PM, 80Tiger said:

Exactly and at the moment we are losing the QB sweepstakes. It also makes me wonder that in the meeting between Harsin and Bo (including Pat) that Harsin didn't put on his recruiting hat and "recruit" Bo to stay. Unless Harsin really has some great QB that is going to transfer after the bowl games, we are going to be in seriously bad shape at QB next year and that will fall squarely on Harsin.

No one outside the individuals directly involved knows what may have transpired in any Bo Nix discussions. Only a personal feeling, but I think that Bo may have been unsatisfied with the team's season and then his injury just made things worse in his mind. JMO