Official Early National Signing Day Thread

Zeek

5 minutes ago, looney said:

Skilled thespian.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah sure

To be fair, she really is a skilled thespian. Because she was a stripper doing thespian stuff in Requiem for a Dream and managed to make it depressing. Do you realize how difficult it is to do *that*? To make stripping Jennifer Connelly doing thespian stuff a *bad* thing???

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So Michigan flipped and signed a 4star WR from Notre Dame....I wonder if this helps any with Clemons?

They want 2 WRs

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Will we sign any OLinemen, our biggest need?  Or will Coach hit the JUCO ranks hard after signing day? 

I think we are gonna go portal and juco before spring. 

Will we sign any OLinemen, our biggest need?  Or will Coach hit the JUCO ranks hard after signing day? 

Signing 1 today.

3 more that we are heavily recruiting are waiting until February to sign anywhere.

And yes, we will also hit the portal.

Plan is to do the bulk of the work in the portal. 

Remember, with the portal now it's not high school vs juco anymore. We can sign guys coming from other 4-year programs that have as much as 4 years left to play 3. We've signed several such guys in this cycle + the last one. 

We’re signing Eaton Harris out of Auburn, we feel good about players in the portal, and also feel good about some HS guys who are signing in February. 

We will sign Harris today, then have 3 that we have a solid chance on in late Signing day with a new maybe Armella plus we will hit portal hard.

I heard the staff wants to go hard on portal because there are a lot of upperclassmen on the OL roster so portal guys should fill the gap.

23 class is a beast OL class so I expect 2-3 HS OL this class, 3-4 portal OL, and then heavy HS OL next year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fredst said:

Didn’t know she rolled that way…oh, wait, *thespian*…never mind 

A skilled tongue for sure

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Decided to buy plane wifi to keep up.

With regards to Armella, this may be a Miami thing.

My guess is Florida. He has one more official left though. Either way it has to be good news considering how late we were on him and his FSU lean

Just now, Randman5000 said:

My guess is Florida. He has one more official left though. Either way it has to be good news considering how late we were on him and his FSU lean

It gives us more time for sure, but Miami is the threat here.  Cristobal apparently got in his ear pretty heavily.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The Sledge Hammer is on board

3* NT Enyce Sledge

Part of the All-Name team, for sure.

• Like 3

4* JUCO CB Keionte Scott is live on his Instagram

Hats on the table are BYU, Tenn, AU, Miami, and Oregon in that order. Auburn is in the middle.

1 minute ago, looney said:

Part of the All-Name team, for sure.

With Sledge 12 of our 15 known commits have signed.

7 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I heard the staff wants to go hard on portal because there are a lot of upperclassmen on the OL roster so portal guys should fill the gap.

23 class is a beast OL class so I expect 2-3 HS OL this class, 3-4 portal OL, and then heavy HS OL next year.

I hope so.  We are not really addressing the most important areas of need in this class.  If you are consistently out recruited for stud OL and interior DL, you can’t compete in the SEC.  Skill players are great but you have to get more than your fair share of the top-tier  talent in the trenches to be able to play with the big boys.  We have landed a few studs but not nearly enough over the past 6-7 years.