Times are changing

LPTiger

3 minutes ago, Jaba4ever said:

Lol. Good morning to you too sir. 

Please, pardon me for remembering a fact. I didn't say I wasn't happy about the hire. I am. I didn't say I thought it was a bust. I don't. I think it's a good hire actually. I'm just saying that, while I appreciate their sentiments, I will appreciate the product I see on the field more.

Good day.

High road usually wins. No exception here. 

• Like 3

On 12/18/2021 at 4:48 PM, Jaba4ever said:

Tom Brady talked up Scott Loeffler too, so while I appreciate their quotes, I'm putting zero stock into anything until I see it on the field.

That situation with Brady and Loeffler is not analogous in any way to the current situation with Davis, Wilson and Carrol and as such your comment is extremely misplaced.  When Brady was at Michigan Loeffler was a student assistant and then GA.  Whereas, Davis, at the NFL level, was the QB coach working directly with Wilson and Carrol.  Apples to Grenades level of comparison.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 11:27 AM, JDUBB4AU said:

This is accurate as far as the Loeftty hire.

cautious optimism is my take as well. I’m excited about the new blood though

nah, those two situations are hardly analogous.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

That situation with Brady and Loeffler is not analogous in any way to the current situation with Davis, Wilson and Carrol and as such your comment is extremely misplaced.  When Brady was at Michigan Loeffler was a student assistant and then GA.  Whereas, Davis, at the NFL level, was the QB coach working directly with Wilson and Carrol.  Apples to Grenades level of comparison.

Can we pin this reply to the top of this thread? This will be the last time I say this, so read carefully.

That was an impossible situation for anyone to step into. I'm excited about this hire. I appreciate their remarks. Trust but verify. I want to see the product on the field before I buy too much into two quotes. Etc etc. Geez...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jaba4ever said:

Can we pin this reply to the top of this thread? This will be the last time I say this, so read carefully.

That was an impossible situation for anyone to step into. I'm excited about this hire. I appreciate their remarks. Trust but verify. I want to see the product on the field before I buy too much into two quotes. Etc etc. Geez...

Roger that, read too much into the comparison you made.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

nah, those two situations are hardly analogous.

Either way . I don’t care Who said what when they were where . I’m cautiously optimistic . I wouldn’t care if Urban Myer was the Oc . I’m still cautiously optimistic. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Either way . I don’t care Who said what when they were where . I’m cautiously optimistic . I wouldn’t care if Urban Myer was the Oc . I’m still cautiously optimistic. 

I'll take cautiously optimistic over unreasonable pessimism any day.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

^that

On 12/19/2021 at 2:11 PM, Jaba4ever said:

Agreed. And I'm not saying I expect them to end up the same way. I'm just saying I'll believe it when I see it. I'm hopeful, I just don't want to get my hopes up then experience that fall again

Auburn has run through a ton of OC's the last 15 yrs or so & I will never allow myself to get my hopes up.  The proofs in the pudding!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Didba said:

I'll take cautiously optimistic over unreasonable pessimism any day.

Im with you man . Nobody knows what’s going to happen

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

It was all just a dream?

I used to read Word Up! magazine
Salt-n-Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine
Hangin' pictures on my wall

Oh, we weren't doing a Biggie singalong?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

One that I'd never seen
'Til Hars came along

He put my faith to the test
With that whole Covid mess
And firing that guy
But I woke up, it's positive stuff
Forever this time

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

I used to read Word Up! magazine
Salt-n-Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine
Hangin' pictures on my wall

Oh, we weren't doing a Biggie singalong?

We are now!

• Love 2

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

One that I'd never seen
'Til Hars came along

So what, Nix is gone, Tank is back
And this man can recruit
He’ll stock up on four stars and fives
Til’ the Crimson turns blue

• Love 2

2 hours ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Even with a new QB and presumably shaky OL, we're gonna see whether this new culture is working real quick next fall. I'm hopeful.

Next season will probably be pretty bumpy as well. What is happening isn't just a 1-1.5 year thing.

• Like 1

Hars teaches people over player,

Calm down all u AU haters,

He inherited quite a mess,

So some are being processed,

In the end we all shall see,

Number 1 in the country.

On 12/18/2021 at 4:48 PM, Jaba4ever said:

Tom Brady talked up Scott Loeffler too, so while I appreciate their quotes, I'm putting zero stock into anything until I see it on the field.

Smart move. Seriously. People get all hyped about a player or coach, and when he turns out not-so-great, it wouldn’t be near as much a shock to them had they not built up the unproven pass they gave him.

Happens all the time..

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, selias said:

Next season will probably be pretty bumpy as well. What is happening isn't just a 1-1.5 year thing.

Hopefully, the bigger picture segment of the Auburn fanbase is more vocal than the instant gratification segment because I have a feeling next season will probably try their patience.  A united fanbase all pulling in the same direction would go a long way in building a winning culture too.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Thread reminds me of Buddy I've mentioned it before but Buddy could play OT for Auburn. He also gives one hell of a concert

Yes he does...saw him in 1972 at Legion Field...with Three Dog Night!

• Love 1