Shenker Returning!!!

Paladin

I feel threatened that my record of longest time of refusing to leave before graduating at AU is in peril. I used to like the kid. :) 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, au701948 said:

Is it just me or do all of these announcements seem to be very orchestrated. All appear to be AU Digital work and setup very nicely. Would be dynamite to see OP in the next one.

They should be. 

I thought OP said a while ago that he was coming back. 

A lot of these guys are looking at the Covid bonus year not just as an opportunity to play football another year, but as a chance to get a Master’s while still on scholarship. Many of them graduate in three years so 5 years allows time to get a bachelor’s and a master’s degree. My nephew, who is a college player, is talking about it that way, and I know his parents like the idea.

• Like 2

RDT_20220101_1726475006899018132770313.jpg

Just now realized this was already posted. My bad yall. Spent most of my day walking round the USS Alabama and my ass is slap worn out

Edited by Didba

25 minutes ago, Didba said:

RDT_20220101_1726475006899018132770313.jpg

And this right here tells you everything you need to know of what direction we are headed 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

And this right here tells you everything you need to know of what direction we are headed 

big facts chief, big facts

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

But we lost 5 in a row...

I'll say it again, it seems like a lot of recruits and players know a little more than some loud whiney fans.

image.gif.9e4818df0d133fb73f389a4e37d30b76.gif

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Looking back as objectively as I can, really almost nobody, certainly nobody intelligent, is/was rooting for Harsin to perform poorly.  Given the circumstances, his recruiting performance was nothing less than phenomenal, the team has clearly bought in, past players react extremely favorably, we have smartly shed some underformers/complainers, and the future looks bright. So the Bigger Picture is overwhelming positive. And it should certainly be argued that the bigger picture is far more important than what we fans had to witness to end the season.  

but this is a fan forum, and I hope you will always (this is Auburn, not Rutgers) hear whining when we give up 40 unanswered at home to State, lose to USCe, forget how to play special teams, and finish like we did.  I think the illogical Iron Bowl near-miracle, why-can’t-we-play-like -this-every-Saturday, drove people crazy.  Especially those with little-to-no football background.  Bottom line is the buck stops with the HC. And while the Bigger Picture looks rosy, and the lack of talent is not Harsin’s fault, the smaller picture—the game-day questionable personnel calls and substitution/time mismanagement, sloppiness, and playcalling, left people whining. I think they are entitled to be temporarily upset.   But I think both camps are correct, at the same time. It was ugly watching the last couple of months, but any rational person would agree the future looks bright under Harsin.  We have the luxury of reflection now that the season is over.  Human nature says the rational among us will see the bigger picture appears to be pretty exciting. 

Great post.

• Like 1

I like Shenker. That being said, can his coming back keep an even more talented TE from being utilized?

Will this keep King off the field?

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

I like Shenker. That being said, can his coming back keep an even more talented TE from being utilized?

They should put king at WR just to get him on the field. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

Put King and Riley-Ducker in the slot then just throw it high. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

Absolutely, get the man on the field and more touches either as a receiver at the Line or as a Fullback. He appears to be a playmaker.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Would fully expect King to slide to WR. Depth won’t be an issue at TE and he’s too talented to keep off the field. The way the dominos fall with this we may not pursue a transfer WR now especially with some of the freshmen coming in. It’s still possible Jackson returns also. 

the thing i like about shenker is his love for auburn. this always means a lot to me and i have often thought the ones that love auburn will always play harder. i might be fooling myself but i have always believed this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Looking back as objectively as I can, really almost nobody, certainly nobody intelligent, is/was rooting for Harsin to perform poorly.  Given the circumstances, his recruiting performance was nothing less than phenomenal, the team has clearly bought in, past players react extremely favorably, we have smartly shed some underformers/complainers, and the future looks bright. So the Bigger Picture is overwhelming positive. And it should certainly be argued that the bigger picture is far more important than what we fans had to witness to end the season.  

but this is a fan forum, and I hope you will always (this is Auburn, not Rutgers) hear whining when we give up 40 unanswered at home to State, lose to USCe, forget how to play special teams, and finish like we did.  I think the illogical Iron Bowl near-miracle, why-can’t-we-play-like -this-every-Saturday, drove people crazy.  Especially those with little-to-no football background.  Bottom line is the buck stops with the HC. And while the Bigger Picture looks rosy, and the lack of talent is not Harsin’s fault, the smaller picture—the game-day questionable personnel calls and substitution/time mismanagement, sloppiness, and playcalling, left people whining. I think they are entitled to be temporarily upset.   But I think both camps are correct, at the same time. It was ugly watching the last couple of months, but any rational person would agree the future looks bright under Harsin.  We have the luxury of reflection now that the season is over.  Human nature says the rational among us will see the bigger picture appears to be pretty exciting. 

Holy Guacamole, what a great post

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

the thing i like about shenker is his love for auburn. this always means a lot to me and i have often thought the ones that love auburn will always play harder. i might be fooling myself but i have always believed this.

You're not wrong, nor are you the only one that feels this way... 

• Like 2

Slowly but surely, the pieces are falling in place for Auburn to have a great year in the Fall of 2022.

• Like 1