Coach Derek Mason out?

Tony4AU

8 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Of course, but that doesn't mean our defensive coordinator took the most important game of the season off. 

Occum's razor - simplest theory is usually the right one. The simplest theory is CDM called an incredible game.

Facts. CDM called the iron bowl, guys. It's just the more likely scenario.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Wait, are your referring to the players on the insta or the warrapport guys?

The players 

• Like 1

My only thing about the Iron Bowl slant is, the Houston game was very similar to other Auburn games defensively in tone and stat. Lets play conspiracy, why would someone sub in to ONLY call the Alabama game. Esp after the success of the Alabama game?? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU North said:

Sorry Viper, but I just can't ride that train. JMHO. wde 

So how many wins does Harsin get this season? And will it be enough to save his job, right on the heels of another loss to bammer? What train you ridin?

2 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

When was the last time Auburn had back to back losing seasons? Maybe the Barfield years? To me that would be unacceptable!

98 and 99. But that was Bowden's last year and Tubbs' first. So idk when the last time the same coach did it. 

That's why I laugh at these folks that said the Birmingham Bowl didn't matter. Completely clueless.

Edited by AUght2win
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

98 and 99. But that was Bowden's last year and Tubbs' first. So idk when the last time the same coach did it. 

That's why I laugh at these folks that said the Birmingham Bowl didn't matter. Completely clueless.

That is what I meant- the same coach- he didn’t even inherit a losing program so no excuse to turn us into one!

8 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

When was the last time Auburn had back to back losing seasons? Maybe the Barfield years? To me that would be unacceptable!

74 and 75 (4-6, 4-7) 91 and 92 (5-6,  5-5-1)

1 hour ago, Viper said:

If he wins just 6 again, are you saying it isn't?

Wait, you answered my question with a question. Anyway I think he will be here 3 years, unless he has a Chizik like 2022. 

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Wait, you answered my question with a question. Anyway I think he will be here 3 years, unless he has a Chizik like 2022. 

If he wins 6 games max in 2022, in your opinion, will he get a 3rd year?

1 minute ago, Viper said:

I think it depends on the way he loses. 6 competitive losses, he gets 1 more year to win 10...6 incompetent losses, he's probably gone IMO.

14 minutes ago, Viper said:

Depends on the context of the 6 wins, and who is going to pay him to go away and then turn around and pay a new coach. Like I said if he has a winless SEC, then I don’t think he can overcome that. And you still have not answered …do you think next season is his last?

Looking at Mason's recruiting profile on 247, his best all time recruit is Tre Donaldson. His only 4 star. The others he is credited with are Gilbert, Joko, and Caleb Wooden. No doubt he's a good recruiter, but maybe it won't be quite as devastating as thought on that front

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

Looking at Mason's recruiting profile on 247, his best all time recruit is Tre Donaldson. His only 4 star. The others he is credited with are Gilbert, Joko, and Caleb Wooden. No doubt he's a good recruiter, but maybe it won't be quite as devastating as thought on that front

My thoughts too. Losing Eason hurts worse and If Etheridge would've bolted would've been monumental.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Randy4AU said:

Has Mason been hired at OK State?

Oklahoma State Football

Report on Leading Candidate on Oklahoma State Defensive Coordinator, We're Not Buying

https://pokesreport.com/s/2199/report-on-leading-candidate-on-oklahoma-state-defensive-coordinator-were-not-buying

1 hour ago, Viper said:

If he wins just 6 again, are you saying it isn't?

Unless he does something that actually breaks his contract, I do not believe he will be letgo.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jknighton said:

I think it depends on the way he loses. 6 competitive losses, he gets 1 more year to win 10...6 incompetent losses, he's probably gone IMO.

I agree with this, especially if there is a new President and a new AD in place. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jknighton said:

No way they lose every game like the 2021 IB.

"We know that he wanted out at Auburn and that a new DC was coming in at Auburn.

Im sure the Auburn site is tuned in to what is going on at Auburn in terms of coaches but we have the best sources at Oklahoma State and we feel confident that this is not happening in the way it is being reported. Could he becoming DC? Sure, but we don't think its imminent or as far into the process as some are reporting."

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Depends on the context of the 6 wins, and who is going to pay him to go away and then turn around and pay a new coach. Like I said if he has a winless SEC, then I don’t think he can overcome that. And you still have not answered …do you think next season is his last?

Obviously money is not an issue to fire a HC or pay a recruit.

If he wins 6 games max in 2022, without question he is gone.

7 games? Depends on who the losses were to and most importantly, how bad was the IB loss.

8 games? He stays.

11 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Unless he does something that actually breaks his contract, I do not believe he will be letgo.

No words.