Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

3 hours ago, DAG said:

The point is not a single person should even be talking about her . Whether it is one or 100. The fact that you even rationalize that is ridiculous and gossipy. That has nothing to do with the football program. 

Don't be Phillip Marshall, DAG. This is the age of the internet. Idiots can say anything, from anywhere, at anytime with total anonymity and without consequence.

People saying weird and overly personal stuff isn't unique to Auburn, the forum, or even football fans. It's the internet. Like McLoofus said, it was like 1 person that made an insult. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

So because he came into a very possible losing situation, the smart thing to do is to make it harder for him to turn things around.  Whatever happened to the mindset, that if you can't support something, go ahead and resign and find something somewhere you can support? And, IMO that would include you.

I think anybody who watched our team this season knows it wasn't a total "losing situation". We were 6-2 and in control of our own destiny before the skid. We just blew it 

And to the latter part, nobody *owes* the football program a dime. I hope people realize how they come off when they criticize people for not just giving millions away thoughtlessly. 

If you want to put your money where your mouth is with unconditional support, donate whatever extra cash you have. Nobody's stopping you.

42 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

A great way to run a business is to undermine your CEO, talk negatively about him, have insiders leaking negative things to the public (death by a thousand tiny cuts), and threatening to take your ball and go home (i.e. money donations). That usually ends up with a successful business right?

So because he came into a very possible losing situation, the smart thing to do is to make it harder for him to turn things around.  Whatever happened to the mindset, that if you can't support something, go ahead and resign and find something somewhere you can support? And, IMO that would include you.

The question is how many coaches are truly CEO’s and have  free reign to do as they please. This even applies in the pros. Normally someone is answering to somebody  or a group of people that have influence. CBP is a great example  of how to play the game IMO, but I understand his way isn’t for everyone.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Didba said:

Your clearly don't understand pettiness, business, or people "loving" the university putting themselves before it. Sorry, I know your are well respected and rightfully so but this is such a bad take to me.

They love auburn but they think Harsin is uncouth and impolite bc he's not exactly like us so let's sabotage the program by withholding funds, oh and if anyone says something just say "it's business". Like, no that's pettiness. I may be reading too much into what you are saying but that's how it comes across to me.

You can always pick up their slack, Didba. The university isn't going to turn down your money. That'd be more productive that criticizing how others use theirs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Don't be Phillip Marshall, DAG

Phillip Marshall is disliked because he puts out rumors usually in a negative Iight. I am saying don’t be Philip Marshall and have enough integrity to not push silly rumors. But at least Phillip Marshall rumors have to deal with football and he puts his name to it. . You, yourself just called people who do that idiots. No need to keep them alive. There is no reason why we should be talking about people wife or kids on the football forum, if it is not dealing with football. If she tweeted something about Auburn football that would be a different story.

But you are right, there is anonymity to stuff so people have no consequences . Makes them a lot bolder. I personally wish that would go away .

Edited by DAG

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Phillip Marshall is disliked because he puts out rumors usually in a negative Iight. I am saying don’t be Philip Marshall and have enough integrity to not push silly rumors. But at least Phillip Marshall rumors have to deal with football and he puts his name to it. . You, yourself just called people who do that idiots. No need to keep them alive. There is no reason why we should be talking about people wife or kids on the football forum, if it is not dealing with football. If she tweeted something about Auburn football that would be a different story.

My point is we AREN'T. You're overreacting to what one single anonymous poster said 10 pages ago. That's the internet, dude. Accept there will be idiots saying inappropriate stuff. If it were a large contingent that did it repeatedly, you'd have a point. But that clearly isn't what's happening. 

14 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

My point is we AREN'T. You're overreacting to what one single anonymous poster said 10 pages ago. That's the internet, dude. Accept there will be idiots saying inappropriate stuff. If it were a large contingent that did it repeatedly, you'd have a point. But that clearly isn't what's happening. 

It’s enough idiots that accept it is my problem. That’s not an overreaction. I am going to always put my neck out against tomfoolery. Like I said , if people weren’t so anonymous, They would not dare say any of the ridiculous things posted on here lol and there are a lot. But personal stuff like that. NOT COOL. IMO, should’ve been deleted long ago. 

Edited by DAG
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, cbo said:

Best post of the day. Honey mustard is for children because children are stupid. 

I will add honorable mention to Bojangles. 

Ironically, somebody brought Bojangles chicken biscuits to work this morning so I of course helped myself to one. The biscuit itself was "ok" but the chicken was pretty damn happening with a nice little spice kick- I give it a solid 8/10.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

. Like I said , if people weren’t so anonymous . They would not dare say any of the ridiculous things posted on here lol and there are a lot.  

Guess that applies to ALL of us.

• Like 1

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Guess that applies to ALL of us.

I agree . As he said there is no consequences so idiots can post whatever they want and say whatever they want lol. I still think you need to have something in you to know limits. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I agree . As he said there is no consequences so idiots can post whatever they want and say whatever they want lol. I still think you need to have something in you to know limits. 

I quit telling people "how stupid can you get." Too many of them are taking it as a challenge😁

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Dude. Right next to the Goalpost. That giant box of tendies and various fried appetizers for like $5. Lived off that and the $1 chicken Italians around the corner freshman year. 

The $1 chicken Italians — wasn’t that at Findlay’s?  (I think was the name.) They were awesome.  

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, aubcali said:

The $1 chicken Italians — wasn’t that at Findlay’s?  (I think was the name.) They were awesome.  

YES, thank you, it was driving me crazy. I knew it wasn't Momma G's...

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Rich Rodriguez might have some experience with fan base / talk radio chatter. Then, Nick Saban shows up.

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

A great way to run a business is to undermine your CEO, talk negatively about him, have insiders leaking negative things to the public (death by a thousand tiny cuts), and threatening to take your ball and go home (i.e. money donations). That usually ends up with a successful business right?

Well, I mean in this example, the boosters would be the shareholders.  And if the CEO is not performing well and they have the majority, they can undermine the CEO or fire him.  And in these big companies things get leaked to the public all of the time.  Apple's next products are always leaked beforehand.  Ford was in a big scandal in August of 2000 when it was leaked their CEO made the decision not to recall all Ford Explorers when it was known the Firestone tires would seperate causing crashes.  He knew it would be cheaper to settle in court with families of these crashes than to recall every Ford Explorer.

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Your clearly don't understand pettiness, business, or people "loving" the university putting themselves before it. Sorry, I know your are well respected and rightfully so but this is such a bad take to me.

I am not sure if you know or not, but PTB is on the medical staff for the football team.

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

If we're not allowed to discuss wives or kids on here, then we probably owe a lot of folks apologies.  I'm fine with discussions on how they affect Auburn, but not so much interested in much outside of that.

13 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am not sure if you know or not, but PTB is on the medical staff for the football team.

Really? That takes some real guts to post on here as a staff member, so props to him. 

57 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You can always pick up their slack, Didba. The university isn't going to turn down your money. That'd be more productive that criticizing how others use theirs.

I'm insolvent until these student loans are paid off. Gimme 10 years and I'll get back to ya😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

I'm insolvent until these student loans are paid off. Gimme 10 years and I'll get back to ya😂

Those student loans ain’t no joke. 

21 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well, I mean in this example, the boosters would be the shareholders.  And if the CEO is not performing well and they have the majority, they can undermine the CEO or fire him.  And in these big companies things get leaked to the public all of the time.  Apple's next products are always leaked beforehand.  Ford was in a big scandal in August of 2000 when it was leaked their CEO made the decision not to recall all Ford Explorers when it was known the Firestone tires would seperate causing crashes.  He knew it would be cheaper to settle in court with families of these crashes than to recall every Ford Explorer.

I do, this will be the 2nd time you personally have informed me.

It doesn't change my opinion.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, au302 said:

Why is that wrong? Look at LSU and Woodward. The handed him a blank check and told him to get the job done. He went and got Brian Kelly. No drama about multiple factions for this guy, that guy, etc. It was one guy in charge, him. He's from BR, so he knows all their money men, but he's also a shrewd dude that commands a room and will do what it takes. AG seems like a good dude, but by all accounts he likes it more behind the scenes. 

I'll never understand people trying to argue a point by using an anomaly as an example as evidence. And this particular example we don't know if it will even be successful.

Having outside voices that aren't too smart about football is NEVER good. The fact we keep ending up in bad situations and the one common denominator that's present in ever scenario is telling in itself. people argue for meddling boosters is beyond insane

• Facepalm 1

39 minutes ago, aubcali said:

They had a unique BBQ sauce that was pretty awesome if I remember correctly

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

YES, thank you, it was driving me crazy. I knew it wasn't Momma G's...

Why did they decide to facepalm that comment?