Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

19 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Writing is on the wall IMO. But we will all root for him and hope that he can turn things around for our Tigers. His family/aesthetics etc is off limits IMO.  Not to mention not important to our discussion. 

It is very true that he and AG both alienated a major portion of our base (which like it or not includes the PTB and their $-bringing companies/NIL support and yes—their $ to compensate for $ lost in 2021–as we operated in a deficit) that will NOT help him unless he can win and win quickly. 

I think what folks are seeing here is that he’s unlikely to succeed (i e not impossible, not that we don’t want him to) and that even the staunchest supporters would have to admit that there are some not encouraging signs already. That’s all. 

Sometimes it seems Auburn's PTB (name names for a change), and big wigs are always looking for an excuse to be offended so the can pull their financial support.  For yrs under Gus we heard the same exact stories and Lord knows while Gus wasn't Mr. Personality, he didn't have a mean or vindictive bone in his body.

It's like Greene & Harsin pissed on top of the bar at a fundraiser and told the big wigs to kiss their hairy arse. 

Edited by JerryAU

7 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

PTB (name names for a change)

Now why would anybody want that responsibility or accountability.

[ yellow font]

It’s a lot more fun throwing the rock and hiding your hand? Don’t you know that?

Edited by DAG

1 hour ago, Didba said:

We have insiders claiming that the PTB are limiting funds going to harsins regime. At least I think that's what they are saying.

Who are the PTB.. name names please

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, aubcali said:

Early 90s.  Good times.  giphy.gif

Yup, Findley's was pretty good.  I remember the chicken italians being .79 sometimes.  They moved from next to momma g's to the kroger shopping center late 90s/early 2000s, but I think it's gone now.  Anyone know?

• Like 1

To the original topic, the PTB has not been controlling (or pulling strings) regarding Harsin up to this point. This is his show.  Hopefully, he succeeds.  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, cbo said:

Absolutely and that's what worries me the most. We are going to end up with one or two OL in this class. That is completely unacceptable. 

If that's all we end up signing before Labor Day then, yeah, that's a catastrophic failure. That would be a failure in any year, even if we were already stacked with OLs. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Was thinking this last night. They're still around, but slowly getting forced out it seems. Lowder and Jacobs gone. Rane, Harbert, Tim Jackson, and Lanier are the four off the top of my head. Saw stuff saying Riggings was with them, but he broke off with the General and AG to hire Harsin.

Problem I see is that there doesn't seem to be a leader among them anymore. Bunch of factions. At least with Lowder everyone knew who was the top dog and to fall in line. Maybe they really have been shut out since the Gus contract fiasco and this is all a bunch of nothing. That would be funny. 

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If that's all we end up signing before Labor Day then, yeah, that's a catastrophic failure. That would be a failure in any year, even if we were already stacked with OLs. 

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is off the charts bad.  After next season… will we even have a 2 deep that isn’t dependent on TrFrosh?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Hell if I know. Ask the insiders.

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You're thinking of the spring transfer portal? I was thinking of the deadline as signing day, Feb 2. 

PTB interference or not, if we secured the wins vs MSU and USCe we would still be grumbling about some stuff but most of us would've been reasonably content with 8 wins. Dye used to talk about his formula: win the games you're supposed to win, and split the rest. If CBH wants to stay, he needs to win all the games were supposed to win next year. It’s up to him, his staff, and his players now. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

I’m confused at how saying saying someone’s wife or family member is attractive is “weird” or “off limits “  if you or anyone else tells me my wife or daughter is good looking/attractive I’m like damn straight. 

Full disclosure, there were 2 negative comments made about Kes Harsin's makeup. I wish those comments hadn't been made but I don't think the FBI is going to be returning those phone calls about it anytime soon. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cbo said:

You're thinking of the spring transfer portal? I was thinking of the deadline as signing day, Feb 2. 

Yeah, I'm not sweating the 2/2 deadline. I know that it would be a lot better to get more bodies by then but I'm going to withhold the catastrophe label until end of the summer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, I'm not sweating the 2/2 deadline. I know that it would be a lot better to get more bodies by then but I'm going to withhold the catastrophe label until end of the summer.

Fair enough. If we don't sign more than 2 OL on Feb 2, that will put as at 3 or 4 OL recruits in the past 2 HS classes. When it was already a position of need beforehand. So I will go ahead and dive into the panic pool and let you know how the water is. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

Fair enough. If we don't sign more than 2 OL on Feb 2, that will put as at 3 or 4 OL recruits in the past 2 HS classes. When it was already a position of need beforehand. So I will go ahead and dive into the panic pool and let you know how the water is. 

The only thing that gives me a little more optimism is that it's not like before when transfers only have one or two years of eligibility left. We could get several guys with essentially full eligibility.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who are the insiders

You have to ask the insiders who the insiders are, but they can probably only tell the insiders!!

Edited by Hank2020
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who are the insiders

PasstheBiscuits and WarDamnEagleWDE.

Though they tend to be only on the donor side most times.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I thought u were an insider

Definitely not. Just a dude, acting like a dude, disguised as another dude.  I appreciate the thought though. I have zero connections within the program.

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 1

It's very impressive, what we were able to discern about the character and financial motivations of our wealthy boosters without knowing who they are or what they do and do not spend their money on. I don't know what achievement was just unlocked but it's got to be a big one.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1