Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah I said that's a bit of it too. More people, more opinions. And I'm just calling a spade a spade, some guys on that list get very upset if you "talk back" to them. It's not that they are a higher consciousness of a person it's just that it's taboo to have an exchange with them and mods and other posters react as such.

If people felt like if you say something to be mods were going to be on their ass and a bunch of posters as well you'd have a lot less people arguing with me. 

A bunch of the "drama" has to do with a bit of a popularity contest as well.

Which is sad, right ? I feel like there is an aura around here where people think this is almost reality like lol. Some of this feels like idolism at times. These posters are fellow human beings with their own biases and agendas. They aren’t the avengers . No need to take your post too serious. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

abw004 I appreciate the list of insiders. What does RIR do as an employee of AU?

Now I think we need a list of posters with big egos. Some are very obvious.

Now if I replied and called him out on his history and ask for a tabulation of his grouping I'd be a bad guy.

I'm pointing out how I get this from him all the time and I ignore it but as soon as I respond it's a problem.

This is also my point, who on that list will have to deal with this? This leads to drama

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Now if I replied and called him out on his history and ask for a tabulation of his grouping I'd be a bad guy.

I'm pointing out how I get this from him all the time and I ignore it but as soon as I respond it's a problem.

This is also my point, who on that list will have to deal with this? This leads to drama

It's all the time from him. No one speaking about him or even considering him, but he's always there with a facepalm and some comment. Mostly directed at you. Ridiculous. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Which is sad, right ? I feel like there is an aura around here where people think this is almost reality like lol. Some of this feels like idolism at times. These posters are fellow human beings with their own biases and agendas. They aren’t the avengers . No need to take your post too serious. 

Yes. And the only way to really be authentic is when you or someone else post back it up, ask for someone to explain their logic. But that very thing is frowned on alot of times. It's like be a forum without being a forum. If you act like a forum you're an ass and people don't like your for doing what the very purpose of this space is. 

EVERYTHINGcan't be sunshine pumping. It just can't. We're not a championship team so there are going to be some flaws to discuss

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's all the time from him. No one speaking about him or even considering him, but he's always there with a facepalm and some comment. Mostly directed at you. Ridiculous. 

You see and I haven't even told you his history. If I told you his history you'dliterally think how is he so bold to keep at you all the time after doing that? You'd think a mod would have been and told him one more time and you're done. But maybe he donates a bunch or something. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Experience has shown that "insiders" aren't wrong more frequently than anybody else is wrong.

Interesting way to put it but I do think that most of the guys abw0004 mentions have better connections/expertise than most. At least they usually say take it for what's it's worth.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

13 minutes ago, cbo said:

I am confused.  Were you referring to me?  If so, I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my list.

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

passthebuscuits - On the Auburn football medical staff.

WarDamnEagleWDE - Knew the previous coaching staffs personally, but not so much HArsin's staff.  Does know many of the high school coaches and still has a lot of recruiting connections.

MetaFour - I believe he is currently an Alabama high school football coach and has Auburn football coach connections because of it.

augolf, BigBird, and RunInRed - MODS of this forum and have contacts.  Bird is a Texas high school football coach.  Golf played golf for Auburn.  RunInRed works for Auburn University.

autigeremt - Is currently on the Auburn baseball coaching staff.

ellitor - Works in a security capacity for the university, particularly football.  He used to run the recruiting section of this forum, but Zeek has since taken the reins.  Zeek is a high school wrestling coach in Florida.

StatTiger - He is the statistician for Inside the Auburn Tigers magazine.  I am not sure if you count that is an insider but it is really good information.

JMR - Coach John Ray, for people who listen to his podcasts.  He lives down in Florida now but is extremely knowledgeable and well respected here for his posts.

I am sure I have not named everyone and may have messed up a few facts.  A lot of these people only post on the donor side now, so if you want to see their posts you would need to head over there.  It is a lot less drama there as well.

Thanks abw. Is Golf the only one on the list under statue consideration by the University?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

We're all just squirrels foraging for some nuts. Over time, you decide for yourself whose posts you are going to read with more interest than others. Some of that has to do with knowledge or expertise, some of it has to do with personality and who you enjoy conversing with. There are some posters who have a lot to offer in the way of knowledge, but at the same time don't know how to play well with others. On the other hand, there are plenty of posters who probably possess little in the way of information or expertise (speaking strictly about football), but who are an absolute pleasure to chat with here. 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thanks abw. Is Golf the only one on the list under statue consideration by the University?

We are trying to recruit kids to the university, not SCARE them way!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

We're all just squirrels foraging for some nuts. Over time, you decide for yourself whose posts you are going to read with more interest than others. Some of that has to do with knowledge or expertise, some of it has to do with personality and who you enjoy conversing with. There are some posters who have a lot to offer in the way of knowledge, but at the same time don't know how to play well with others. On the other hand, there are plenty of posters who probably possess little in the way of information or expertise (speaking strictly about football), but who are an absolute pleasure to chat with here. 

TL, DR

pfft | Trending Gifs

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am confused.  Were you referring to me?  If so, I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my list.

Sorry ABW..wasn't trying to open up a can of worms when I asked who are the insiders.Seems like u catching heat. I just wanted to know who was who since I'm not familiar with all posters

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

No abw nobody was referring to you. I don't see how you'd think it was to you but I guess it doesn't come out and name someone. I think if you read the posts over again you'd see pretty easy who it was about

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Sorry ABW..wasn't trying to open up a can of worms when I asked who are the insiders.Seems like u catching heat. I just wanted to know who was who since I'm not familiar with all posters

No problem at all.  I was happy to help!  Also, welcome to the forum!  Generally, this is a fantastic place to obtain information and converse with fellow Auburn fans.

I'd also add questioning a list and suggesting the overall betterment of the forum isn't bashing, nagging, hurting, disrespecting or chastising. It's discussing. We have to move past anything other than you are right is negative.

It's exchanging ideas and offering a different perspective. It's cool. If everybody ignored you every time you post......then you may have something to worry about

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Interesting way to put it but I do think that most of the guys abw0004 mentions have better connections/expertise than most. At least they usually say take it for what's it's worth.

There is at least one, maybe even two on that list that don't post frequently but when they do they are almost always correct. With several of the others, it's a crap shoot.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There is at least one, maybe even two on that list that don't post frequently but when they do they are almost always correct. With several of the others, it's a crap shoot.

But they should be only posting that stuff tin the Donor forum which is Eagle Nest right? 

It gets confusing seeing all the posts in the regular forums, along w/ those who seem to be the few who have better information.

This is the damndest thread from PTB's to Chip Lindsey to how women dress and now insiders. I say lets talk about how great Mr. GOLF is.......IN 3.2.1 

nuclear explosion GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This is the damndest thread from PTB's to Chip Lindsey to how women dress and now insiders. I say lets talk about how great Mr. GOLF is.......IN 3.2.1 

nuclear explosion GIF

Only if he is a true insider!!😃

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

It wasn't you at all. Sorry if it appeared that way. 

The reference was to someone who is intentionally obnoxious, consistently and unprovoked. Usually targets one person and I'm not sure why it's allowed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

nuclear explosion GIF

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Barnacle said:

There are some posters who have a lot to offer in the way of knowledge, but at the same time don't know how to play well with others.

For a lot of people, the way you say something is often more important than what you say. Hard lesson to learn for me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1