Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Sometimes it seems now when you disagree the person is mad literally because somebody replied back and challenged them.

This is legit the last 24 hours 

15 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who are the insiders

passthebuscuits - On the Auburn football medical staff.

WarDamnEagleWDE - Knew the previous coaching staffs personally, but not so much HArsin's staff.  Does know many of the high school coaches and still has a lot of recruiting connections.

MetaFour - I believe he is currently an Alabama high school football coach and has Auburn football coach connections because of it.

augolf, BigBird, and RunInRed - MODS of this forum and have contacts.  Bird is a Texas high school football coach.  Golf played golf for Auburn.  RunInRed works for Auburn University.

autigeremt - Is currently on the Auburn baseball coaching staff.

ellitor - Works in a security capacity for the university, particularly football.  He used to run the recruiting section of this forum, but Zeek has since taken the reins.  Zeek is a high school wrestling coach in Florida.

StatTiger - He is the statistician for Inside the Auburn Tigers magazine.  I am not sure if you count that is an insider but it is really good information.

JMR - Coach John Ray, for people who listen to his podcasts.  He lives down in Florida now but is extremely knowledgeable and well respected here for his posts.

I am sure I have not named everyone and may have messed up a few facts.  A lot of these people only post on the donor side now, so if you want to see their posts you would need to head over there.  It is a lot less drama there as well.

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

passthebuscuits - On the Auburn football medical staff.

WarDamnEagleWDE - Knew the previous coaching staffs personally, but not so much HArsin's staff.  Does know many of the high school coaches and still has a lot of recruiting connections.

MetaFour - I believe he is currently an Alabama high school football coach and has Auburn football coach connections because of it.

augolf, BigBird, and RunInRed - MODS of this forum and have contacts.  Bird is a Texas high school football coach.  Golf played golf for Auburn.  RunInRed works for Auburn University.

autigeremt - Is currently on the Auburn baseball coaching staff.

ellitor - Works in a security capacity for the university, particularly football.  He used to run the recruiting section of this forum, but Zeek has since taken the reins.  Zeek is a high school wrestling coach in Florida.

StatTiger - He is the statistician for Inside the Auburn Tigers magazine.  I am not sure if you count that is an insider but it is really good information.

I am sure I have not named everyone and may have messed up a few facts.  A lot of these people only post on the donor side now, so if you want to see their posts you would need to head over there.  It is a lot less drama there as well.

Now that's the info I was looking for. I'm kinda new to the board and didn't know who was who. Thanks ABW👍

9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Now that's the info I was looking for. I'm kinda new to the board and didn't know who was who. Thanks ABW👍

No problem!   Happy to help.  I also added JMR to that list as well, if you did not see the edit in time.

If all those people are considered insiders literally EVERYBODY is an insider, that's more of people with knowledge of football. 

And there are many with knowledge of football on here, but also many that's without. 

What you have is a donor board has less opinions so less arguments which are viewed as "drama". Prettymuch people who are less challenged which could be all over the board but for whatever reason it's pick and choose who to respect. Now I guess it's pay for respect 💵

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Experience has shown that "insiders" aren't wrong more frequently than anybody else is wrong.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, cole256 said:

respect. Now I guess it's pay for respect 💵

This man speaking this morning 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Now I guess it's pay for respect

Nah, it's not that. It's "this website needs some money and has to offer something a little extra to get folks to spend it". 

Nobody has earned any additional respect from buying access to that space. They might have bought access to a little bit more info but they didn't buy anyone's respect. Maybe they bought a little appreciation from the folks running the site. That's fair. But nah, there's no glow up happening in there.

I gave them money because it's fair. I spend a lot more money on a lot of crap I spend a lot less time using. And it took them over 10 years to ask me. 

Oh, wait, I did sign up for the higher ration of reactions. I like "liking" things. I'm a teddy bear that way. 

Edit: I misunderstood Cole to mean "respect" as in "cred" but he clarified that he meant just a generally more respectful environment. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

I am an insider. People stop arguing everything I say from now on

@cole256 is inside the vault inside the inner room inside the innermost part of the inside.   It’s just him and Wade Christopher in there.   He knows before CBH or the PTB even thinks it!  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, aubcali said:

Early 90s.  Good times.  giphy.gif

I know at one time the owners of Twice Baked in downtown Opelika ran a place out of there but I don't know if it was that long ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Nah, it's not that. It's "this website needs some money and has to offer something a little extra to get folks to spend it". 

Nobody has earned any additional respect from buying access to that space. They might have bought access to a little bit more info but they didn't buy anyone's respect. Maybe they bought a little appreciation from the folks running the site. That's fair. But nah, there's no glow up happening in there.

I gave them money because it's fair. I spend a lot more money on a lot of crap I spend a lot less time using. And it took them over 10 years to ask me. 

Oh, wait, I did sign up for the higher ration of reactions. I like "liking" things. I'm a teddy bear that way. 

Essentially it's very similar as far as the post of "insiders" to a thread I started one time of who was some guys favorite posters. I think if you recall a bunch of people for upset by that and made fun or whatever. 

Now here we are and it's essentially the same thing. Also imo that poster who made that list has at times sort of had expectations of not questioning those posters he listed but at the same time question other people. Now I can't speak for anybody else but if I can be questioned certainly any of those people listed can be as well.

Also I feel that my opinion is correct as far as it's not that it's less "drama" it's that let's use an example if jmr says his opinion he's not going to get the that's stupid or he's not going to get that he said his opinion because he hates a player normally. And if someone was to do that to him mods are going to hammer the person talking back to him and other posters are going to round up as well. 

Whereas you take someone like myself I'm going to get the stupid, the you hate the guy, the name calling and unless it's something super inflammatory it's open to say whatever you want to me and laugh at it....if you look at "drama" that's always the origin. 

Now it just so coincidentally happens to be all the guys that post in there happens to be "insiders" as well or not in there but the guys labeled as insiders happens to be donors. But of course it's your money so you absolutelycan give what you want to who you want. I'd NEVER suggest not to. 

Hell I thought about it myself since I post so much. But I don't feel my experience has been the same as others so I couldn't pull that trigger personally. 

But of course that post is one person's opinions and it's not like them saying anything holds any more weight than anybody else. I was mainly just pointing out if everybody was treated with the respect the "insiders" get from many that there probably wouldn't be any "drama" on here at all or at the least minimal

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

But I don't feel my experience has been the same as others so I couldn't pull that trigger personally. 

But of course that post is one person's opinions and it's not like them saying anything holds any more weight than anybody else. I was mainly just pointing out if everybody was treated with the respect the "insiders" get from many that there probably wouldn't be any "drama" on here at all or at the least minimal

Not to disregard anything else in your post but I feel you on this stuff.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not to disregard anything else in your post but I feel you on this stuff.

Thanks. I feel some people may feel like your first reply is going against me but I understand that it's not and you're just correcting me to view the overall picture or thought but you aren't just disregarding me. 

And you are right there are many who paid that didn't think anything about respect. I should have expressed myself better originally. I see your perspective

• Like 1

If all those people are considered insiders literally EVERYBODY is an insider, that's more of people with knowledge of football.

Those people are considered insiders with their actual connections, not just knowledge of football.  I mean, do you not feel like they do?

What you have is a donor board has less opinions so less arguments which are viewed as "drama". Prettymuch people who are less challenged which could be all over the board but for whatever reason it's pick and choose who to respect. Now I guess it's pay for respect 💵

What I am referring to as drama is there aren't egos going back and forth.  Everyone who is on that page is there to listen to those that are willing to share information they know.  It has nothing to do with "paying for respect."  A lot of those insiders like WDE just simply don't want to deal with everything he is saying being questioned, so he simply is talking to the people who genuinely want to know or have questions.  I think it is unfair to say you are "paying for respect" when you don't know what is on that side.  I would say it is very respectful, for sure.  I appreciate all of those guys taking time out of their day to give us information we don't have to have.

Edit:  For example, just like you take the time with Jdeux to break down basketball for us so we can have a good knowledge.  You don't have to do that, but it is nice of you to do for us less knowledgeable. 

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Thanks. I feel some people may feel like your first reply is going against me but I understand that it's not and you're just correcting me to view the overall picture or thought but you aren't just disregarding me. 

And you are right there are many who paid that didn't think anything about respect. I should have expressed myself better originally. I see your perspective

No doubt brother. I knew you'd understand my tone. But I didn't think about how others might read it. I'm glad you mentioned that. I'll try to keep it in mind going forward. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Those people are considered insiders with their actual connections, not just knowledge of football.  I mean, do you not feel like they do?

What I am referring to as drama is there aren't egos going back and forth.  Everyone who is on that page is there to listen to those that are willing to share information they know.  It has nothing to do with "paying for respect."  A lot of those insiders like WDE just simply don't want to deal with everything he is saying being questioned, so he simply is talking to the people who genuinely want to know or have questions.  I think it is unfair to say you are "paying for respect" when you don't know what is on that side.  I would say it is very respectful, for sure.  I appreciate all of those guys taking time out of their day to give us information we don't have to have.

No I don't feel like everybody that you listed have connections and I know connections comes and goes and in the end it's more about respect of the poster. Like if wde didn't have connections with this cycle of coaches I know you'd still value his opinion and you wouldn't be surprised when he did start to grab information again. Because you respect his opinion you want to hear it.

And you can't speak for everyone just like I can't but your example used with wde makes my point, that could be the ENTIRE board if everybody was treated as such. 

I will also say it's not an ego is somebody says an opinion and another opinion is offered. I would think most people wouldn't have a problem once again it's about respect. Do things respectfully nine times out of ten there's no problem. 

Lastly using your very own logic if it's unfair for me to say anything and I don't know what's on that's side it's unfair for you to say what an insider is thinking or doing if you aren't one.

I will say I certainly agree it's frustrating to share information and everything you say gets questioned. I've dealt with that personally for years on the football and basketball board. At the same time it's a forum, people are going to reply back. I choose to interact with the people I feel are respectful. 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lastly using your very own logic if it's unfair for me to say anything and I don't know what's on that's side it's unfair for you to say what an insider is thinking or doing if you aren't one.

I will take a page out of Loof's book and say I agree with all of that except this.  I don't think I need to be an insider to know which is an insider.

Side note:  I am not sure if you saw my edit or not, but I was trying to give another example/complement to you and your expertise.  

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

No doubt brother. I knew you'd understand my tone. But I didn't think about how others might read it. I'm glad you mentioned that. I'll try to keep it in mind going forward. 

You know it! I'm just trying to point out this ENTIRE place could be like the donor part if people really thought about it and act accordingly. That's all. You really don't have to pay for that. Sure pay for everything else but as far as the environment that's really up to us. Not trying to ruffle any feathers. 

I'm still mad at you beating me in fantasy football and keeping me out of the playoffs though

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I will take a page out of Loof's book and say I agree with all of that except this.  I don't think I need to be an insider to know which is an insider.

Side note:  I am not sure if you saw my edit or not, but I was trying to give another example/complement to you and your expertise.  

I wasn't saying that. You said that wde (an insider) doesn't want to do this or that. And I'm saying well if you aren't an insider you don't know what they feel. I wasn't saying you have to be an insider to know who's an insider. I was saying to know what they feel or their decision making process

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm just trying to point out this ENTIRE place could be like the donor part if people really thought about it and act accordingly. 

Completely agree but will add that the main reason there is less drama over there is simply because there is less activity. IMO. There is still some name calling and overreacting, but it doesn't last long because there aren't as many posters. 

I do think there is good and interesting information, at least for people who understand how to receive it. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You know it! I'm just trying to point out this ENTIRE place could be like the donor part if people really thought about it and act accordingly. That's all. You really don't have to pay for that. Sure pay for everything else but as far as the environment that's really up to us. Not trying to ruffle any feathers. 

I'm still mad at you beating me in fantasy football and keeping me out of the playoffs though

We play to win the games!

• Haha 1

abw004 I appreciate the list of insiders. What does RIR do as an employee of AU?

Now I think we need a list of posters with big egos. Some are very obvious.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cbo said:

Completely agree but will add that the main reason there is less drama over there is simply because there is less activity. IMO. There is still some name calling and overreacting, but it doesn't last long because there aren't as many posters. 

I do think there is good and interesting information, at least for people who understand how to receive it. 

Yeah I said that's a bit of it too. More people, more opinions. And I'm just calling a spade a spade, some guys on that list get very upset if you "talk back" to them. It's not that they are a higher consciousness of a person it's just that it's taboo to have an exchange with them and mods and other posters react as such.

If people felt like if you say something to be mods were going to be on their ass and a bunch of posters as well you'd have a lot less people arguing with me. 

A bunch of the "drama" has to do with a bit of a popularity contest as well.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We play to win the games!

I know because I watched my team perform great and rack up the points while sitting on the sidelines! 😂😂

• Haha 1