Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

Assuming there’s no cause. If we throw away $38m (plus assistant coaches of 2 regimes - probably closer to $43m) in 15 months, fire a coach after 1 year because … we’re worried, and then hire friggin freeze.

We’ve crossed a very, very  creepy line. 

I’d have to hold my nose if we hired Freeze because it would be a PR nightmare, but I guess we are already there so why not just go all in.

One thing I do like, Freeze would absolutely chap the asses of the rest of the SEC just like Pearl has done 😂

• Like 6

"insiders" on On3 saying their "sources" are telling them that Gogue will not sign off on Hugh Freeze. He does not want hiring someone like him to be his last major act as president. I'm wary of "insiders" like all of us, but fwiw. I'm sure others are saying Gogue wants him badly

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Assuming there’s no cause. If we throw away $38m (plus assistant coaches of 2 regimes - probably closer to $43m) in 15 months, fire a coach after 1 year because … we’re worried, and then hire friggin freeze.

We’ve crossed a very, very  creepy line. 

Who would you hire ?

Ok I may get fire branded for this but I’m going to put my .02 in.

I wanted Harsin to succeed. Unfortunately for Auburn he’s a stubborn introspective man who thinks his way is the only way and everyone else can kiss his ass. That way will get Auburn a 5-7 season more times than not. Saban might be an ass at times but he’s smart enough to listen to others and adapt. Harsin isn’t interested in adapting. At all.

Now if he had worked hard at garnering the best talent he could get while properly managing his roster I could accept the personality and deal with the rest. If he’d been out creating relationships with high school coaches I could look past some of the hard line ideology. He has some good attributes.

That being said……he needs to be somewhere else. Keep him and the program dives into the abyss. Buy him out or move on and we might have a shot at turning this around quicker. If he remains the head coach it maybe 4-5 years before Auburn is relevant again. Just my opinion. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, au302 said:

"insiders" on On3 saying their "sources" are telling them that Gogue will not sign off on Hugh Freeze. He does not want hiring someone like him to be his last major act as president. I'm wary of "insiders" like all of us, but fwiw. I'm sure others are saying Gogue wants him badly

Gogue has overall been a damn good president, but him and McGlynn better not get us stuck with Kevin freaking Steele (or Rhett).

That said, I'd kind of rather have Grimes than Freeze.

Edited by AUwent

If they blow out another full buyout, we'll need Auburn guys to come back and coach for the love and to drive recruiting. Sooo... my proposal.
HC: Bo Jackson
OC: Cam Newton
DC: Takeo Spikes' Neck

• Haha 4

We won’t have a hard time filling the HC position. 

• Like 2

Just now, autigeremt said:

We won’t have a hard time filling the HC position. 

Not with our track record of paying buyouts. Coaches will be lining up for free money. Ha. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Stevin Keele

No sir. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Ok I may get fire branded for this but I’m going to put my .02 in.

I wanted Harsin to succeed. Unfortunately for Auburn he’s a stubborn introspective man who thinks his way is the only way and everyone else can kiss his ass. That way will get Auburn a 5-7 season more times than not. Saban might be an ass at times but he’s smart enough to listen to others and adapt. Harsin isn’t interested in adapting. At all.

Now if he had worked hard at garnering the best talent he could get while properly managing his roster I could accept the personality and deal with the rest. If he’d been out creating relationships with high school coaches I could look past some of the hard line ideology. He has some good attributes.

That being said……he needs to be somewhere else. Keep him and the program dives into the abyss. Buy him out or move on and we might have a shot at turning this around quicker. If he remains the head coach it maybe 4-5 years before Auburn is relevant again. Just my opinion. 

I do not see why you would get fire-branded for that, especially given some of the other things I have seen posted here over the last year.

20 minutes ago, au302 said:

Hell, where is the pen and contract. I'll sign that thing right now.

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

All of this drama is over

1)money..

Auburn doesn’t want to pay 💰 

2)If they fire him without cause it will be hard to hire the next HC.

So they are trying their best to dig up something.. 
They should just fire him if they want him gone ...easy peasy 

This is my view until I see some proof of just cause for termination.  Being gruff and having a poor first season ain't near enough to justify this circus. 

• Like 1

With all the money being paid out to coaches that are not here anymore, I really don’t see them bringing in someone like Freeze. Cost will be too much when you consider his buyout and a decent salary. I expect it to be an assistant with little to no buyout and a reasonable starting salary. I also wouldn’t get my hopes up for Grimes, but I guess we all can hope. Especially when it’s not our money being spent. Just can’t see it being some of the high expectations that will be floated around.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I would be like this dude had no true allegations , but at least we have a plan. That all I care about. If he is fired for cause then good for Auburn. The guy is a creep and evil. If he is fired out right and we have no suitable coach to replace him, this will be a MAJOR ISSUE FOR ME. IMO, they are looking to save money right now. But they should have their guy ready.

Dang he's "a creep and evil".. what else  is he an ax murderer, a Hitler worshiper ? Does he torture small animals? The freakin' rhetoric around this is astonishing. He a football coach, fire him or keep him but for God's sake take a deep breath, lay off the expresso

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

Dang he's "a creep and evil".. what else  is he an ax murderer, a Hitler worshiper ? Does he torture small animals? The freakin' rhetoric around this is astonishing. He a football coach, fire him or keep him but for God's sake take a deep breath, lay off the expresso

You mad because I called you out for those corny jokes you made earlier? lol. Who is this dude, y'all? You don’t even know the sarcastic context I was speaking about before you interjected. Going back to making those goofy "my sources jokes."

Edited by DAG

On 2/6/2022 at 2:52 PM, Didba said:

They are just gonna pay the buyout.

If they were just going to pay the buyout then it would be INSANE to be floating these accusations around. Just say "Thanks but this isn't working out." Pay him the money and hire whomever you want. Now things will be ugly no matter what.