Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I mean, if they are looking for a case to fire him, why not reestablish the rule that all employees be COVID-19 vaccinated?  Weren't we worried he would be fired for that in December until Auburn reversed course?

The potential problem with that is that you may be firing a whole lot of people in addition. 

• Like 2

Just now, jknighton said:

I've been one of the "give him another year" posters, but with everything thats happened I don't feel like he's going to succeed next year, so cut-bait or give him a year...whatever. just let us know what the plan is.

Same.  Between fanbase, boosters, and possibly admin, I think there are enough people that want him gone, that he would be unable to just go back to work and pretend it never happened.  In that case, it is probably best to reach some sort of settlement, rather than wait another year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

No worries!  I just thought it was odd as AUGunsmith was banned relatively recently.

200.gif.65ba37454bcec438b8abc7f3d51be32a.gif

Anyways, welcome to the forum!

Oh s***, time to change names so people don't associate us.

1 minute ago, Mitchie said:

I don't think they're saying Harsin entering the side door is the news; it's that he's there at all.

If the PTB at Auburn were going to get rid of him, or if they had a "smoking gun," then he would've already been gone and wouldn't be there.

It looks like -- and I know 80 percent won't want to hear this -- that Harsin will be back or has won the inner power struggle. Starting to look more and more like it. Unless they can get him to just go away. To do that, if they want to bad enough, they may have to pony up the entire $18 million.

Question is, if Hugh Freeze is the pick and for WHATEVER reason says no, who in the world would want to walk into this mess without guarantees that something similar won't happen to them in two years?

I hope Harsin somehow survives this and stays.  He would almost certainly win 9-10 games in 2022 ala Tuberville after jetgate or Malzahn in 2017 and 2019.  It’s the Auburn way.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Kiffin went in the same door...you think that Auburn and Ole Miss could be working out a trade? 

Speaking of Kiffin, his own brother just back tracked from being the DC at Ole Miss after a month and now has returned back to Cleveland Browns in order to be the defensive line coach once again. So cut him for future consideration of the job. Dude can't even hold on to his own brother [ yellow font]

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33260780/chris-kiffin-leaves-ole-miss-football-coaching-staff-one-month-returns-cleveland-browns-sources-say

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

It's a joke, not a .... Don't take it so hard

I don't take anything hard. Pointing out that if you have a daughter, and she's suddenly all over the internet being referred to as doing her married boss, and it was untrue- then you'd feel very differently. People reposting a twitter joke and those reposting and defending it are one and the same. Be like- I just heard that your mom made you with a guy that she wasn't married to. Saw it on twitter.

41 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The Harsin part of all this was why I was absolutely shocked when folks were saying this guy was some grandstanding hire. Like people were actually fabricating the magnitude of his successes to make it seem like we got another Dye

Boise St took a clear step down in the public eye and amongst Group of 5 programs at a time where G5 programs had more of a seat at the table than ever before. He was essentially handed the thing straight from Petersen and didn’t raise its floor or ceiling. I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve respect for keeping a golden pony still in functioning status, but man…

Yep,  Harsin kept Boise as the top team in the Mountain West Conference, but he never brought them back up to national prominence where Peterson had them for so long.  

• Like 1

Just now, Strychnine said:

Same.  Between fanbase, boosters, and possibly admin, I think there are enough people that want him gone, that he would be unable to just go back to work and pretend it never happened.  In that case, it is probably best to reach some sort of settlement, rather than wait another year.

He probably knows too that he's never going to succeed here with how everything's gone down, but he'd be a fool to negotiate a buyout or resign.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

The potential problem with that is that you may be firing a whole lot of people in addition. 

That makes sense.  It was just a thought that popped up in my head this morning and only have had time now to make a post about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I hope Harsin somehow survives this and stays.  He would almost certainly win 9-10 games in 2022 ala Tuberville after jetgate or Malzahn in 2017 and 2019.  It’s the Auburn way.

How? Every other team gonna give us some offense players? Let's us share while we play them? 

Edited by autiger88
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WarEagleT said:

I don't take anything hard. Pointing out that if you have a daughter, and she's suddenly all over the internet being referred to as doing her married boss, and it was untrue- then you'd feel very differently. People reposting a twitter joke and those reposting and defending it are one and the same. Be like- I just heard that your mom made you with a guy that she wasn't married to. Saw it on twitter.

One can find a joke funny without needing to agreeable or in good taste. 

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Has it been proven wrong yet?

You don’t send a fired employee to a meeting representing your organization so yes, it’s been proven wrong 😂

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

How? Every other team gonna give us some offense players? Let's us share while we play them? 

Yeah. I'm curious where we're seeing Jason Campbell or Jarrett Stidham on this roster, much less the other guys on those teams. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

He would win simply because Auburn didn’t fire him.  No other reason than JABA.

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

You don’t send a fired employee to a meeting representing your organization so yes, it’s been proven wrong 😂

I don't know.  More and more, it seems exactly like something we'd do.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Just curious OK. My question wasn't about danger but  simply is that common for coaches attending routine meetings. Is AU paying for that?

Don’t know that it would be considered uncommon. 

Just now, dilligas said:

He would win simply because Auburn didn’t fire him.  No other reason than JABA.

Oh ok my bad didn't realize thats all it took, thought it took players but I guess not. 😎

3 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Did AU send him or did he just go and AU didn't stop him. Who said he had been fired yet?

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

If you had any integrity or character, you would admit you made a mistake.  You would take responsibility.  You should never have posted what you did if you did not have complete faith in your source.  This is the real problem, wanting to be the message board hero regardless of what it means to anyone else, people putting their interests ahead of the interest of Auburn. 

My bad though, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.  You will never get me again though.  Your credibility score is too far into the negative.  Unless of course, you simply stand by your post/your source or, apologize for your post.  You know, basic, fundamental decency.

I was starting to wonder if you were a bot, but then this....

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, LaphroaigWDE said:

I think Auburn wants to settle because they know their cause won't hold up in court. Making coaches run off for other jobs, not going to events, not recruiting hard enough aren't technically "fireable offenses" even though they are offenses that make me not want the guy to be our coach. Part of the reason it won't hold up is because of the circus, they would have had a better shot if they just canned him before the media got a hold of the story (but still not a good shot). 

They could fire him for any reason they want. I guess anything could be a fireable offense.
Just have to pay his buyout 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

If you had any integrity or character, you would admit you made a mistake.  You would take responsibility.  You should never have posted what you did if you did not have complete faith in your source.  This is the real problem, wanting to be the message board hero regardless of what it means to anyone else, people putting their interests ahead of the interest of Auburn. 

My bad though, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.  You will never get me again though.  Your credibility score is too far into the negative.  Unless of course, you simply stand by your post/your source or, apologize for your post.  You know, basic, fundamental decency.

Woah Whoa GIF - Woah Whoa Jim - Discover & Share GIFs

YARN | It speaks. It speaks! | Beowulf | Video gifs by quotes | 324aa7aa | 紗

• Haha 3