Men vs UGA Game Thread

Maverick.AU

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Playing at Arkansas is gonna be tough. 

All of these SEC teams are tough. And especially on the road. Every team is going to give us hell b/c we're #1. It's a good test for our guys. NOT GOOD FOR MY HEART THOUGH! lol. 

Glad we got the win. After dealing with football mess a loss would've been another punch in the gut. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I'll take an ugly win any day. Doesn't matter how the win looks as long as you win 

I just hope we can learn from these ugly wins as much as if we had lost.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tigers23 said:

Green and KD 39 shots to Jabari/Kess 14. Lucky to get out of there with a win today. This needs to be corrected 

Yup, KD would NOT pass the ball today. Wanted to have a big game against UGA

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

How does KD and Green combine for 39(!!!!) shots when you have the NBA number one pick on the team with seven shots? Kessler also was effective and he didn’t get enough touches. Awful win, hope we can learn from this.

Yes. Absolutely. Have been preaching it on this thread. Idk what got into our guards this game but they played much more selfish than they usually do and you could see the results of that. Didn’t dish it off when it would have been easy buckets. 

• Like 1

We're probably due for an L soon. Even Bruce has eluded to it. There's not a big disparity with many teams this year in CBB. The gab simply isn't as wide in previous years. 

I was more disappointed in our defense today. Our defense creates points for us when we are in a shooting/scoring drought. UGA had 1 - 2 guys going off. We should be able to shut that down. Guys were gassed though. Win and advance is always the name of the game. 

Wasn't able to watch today, but the stat sheet is pretty telling. 

When you only have ten assists by the whole team in an entire game, and the other team shoots 29 free throws I'd say you're lucky to win.

Should’ve at least gone to overtime because Wendell Green should have been called for charging. Great no call. Hopefully the team that beat Bama wil show up for Arkansas & Texas A&M. Bruce gotta do a better job getting the guys fired up to play bad teams

Jabari needs to demand the ball in these situations too. I recall one time he didn't and they didn't get it too him. Go take that ball and drive. Don't bail them out with jump shots. He shoots FTs too well. 

I'm really still trying to give Flan grace but it's getting harder with each game. I really don't expect him to be the player he was before he was hurt but the same time i don't expect him to hurt the team as much as he does. It may be time to sit him and let him get right in practice. We could really use his offense but his shot is just horrible right now.

• Like 2

KD and Green combined for 39 attempts.... for comparison Kessler and Jabari had 14 combined. I love KD and Wendell but that disparity cannot happen anymore. 

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Hate they let them get back in it but GREAT adversity. Lordt my heart hurts. 

Guards tried to do too much this game. I know Jabari had a couple bad TOs but they did not get him or Kessler involved enough. We could have pushed it inside all game easily. 

Thankful they couldn’t seem to make their free throws. 

My heart is still thumping!😭 If Auburn would of went zone more, I think the game wouldn't have been close. They were throwing themselves against into the defense to get fouls called. They were basically running the same play repeatedly pulling Kessler from the paint. Bridges is not a 3-point shooter and I don't understand why Kessler was following him out of the paint. Flannigan has to improve his shooting and ball handling. I don't know what happened to Cambridge's shooting touch. We need them to up their play for post season. Anyways, way to fight!

18 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

DANG......that was stressful. Happy to get out of there with a win. 

Hope Zep feels better soon. 

I agree, we definitely felt his loss today!

9 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Yes. Absolutely. Have been preaching it on this thread. Idk what got into our guards this game but they played much more selfish than they usually do and you could see the results of that. Didn’t dish it off when it would have been easy buckets. 

KD was trying to get 50 on his old team; that explain him. 

1 minute ago, wareagle7298 said:

I missed the game...what happend with Zep?

“Non Covid related virus”

25 minutes ago, Auburn761345163036 said:

Should’ve at least gone to overtime because Wendell Green should have been called for charging. Great no call. Hopefully the team that beat Bama wil show up for Arkansas & Texas A&M. Bruce gotta do a better job getting the guys fired up to play bad teams

Hard disagree. If you watch it carefully, the UGA player was shuffling his feet when contact was made. If anything, it was a block, and we should’ve had an and 1.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

We just swept our two biggest rivals. Has that happened before???

Without looking it up, I want to say it did in 2018-19. I remember we beat them in Athens did and beat UA at home. My mind is spotty on what occurred in the other two matchups 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Man, I didn't think it was possible to love Bruce more but with his quotes after this W I do.

He creates teaching moments for himself, which is good to do. I definitely think he “called” the game as if it was the normal crew out there…only thing I could really suggest for calming us down next time is we run more set plays for Jabari and Kessler. 

All of our ball handlers except Jasper, their natural inclination is to get theirs when we start getting our butts kicked