New AD

Butthead

Ah what a mess we are in. So who will be the new AD?  If the current and future president are are smart (tbd) they would spend the money they just saved on the Coach buyout and go hire a really good one. I don’t dislike our current AD but an experienced one should have headed this mess off before the ish hit the fan. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Tim Jackson. That's who certain people on the board want... They'll push the new president that direction. They've hated AG from the beginning and basically neutered him. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 5

AG is either too weak or too inexperienced to cut it at Auburn. The vetting job on Harsin was pitiful considering what we’re up against in the SEC. The complete lack of leadership or public relations during this past week has been unacceptable. We need a new AD worse than a football coach and that’s saying a lot.

Edited by aucom96
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

Greene’s contract expires in January. I doubt we force him out prior (as if we need any more bad optics) but it’s pretty well known, including to him, he won’t be given an extension.  

TJ and Rich are the names to watch with TJ being the heir apparent if we go internal.

It will be interesting to see how/if Roberts asserts himself here.  But first, he’s got two other positions (Provost, Dean of Engineering) to address.

• Like 4

I'll be the heretic and say I think Alan Greene is a good AD. ADs during covid everywhere were hamstrung, Auburn athletics since his coming on have been strong and he's an excellent ambassador for Auburn. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

Do we know that Roberts doesn’t want to keep AG on board????? 

Yea I thought it was posted both here and elsewhere that the General was pleasantly surprised to see some good things from AG. That he and Roberts are fans of him. Seems like common sense that he's out with Roberts wanting his own dude, but please no TJ or Rich. Go outside 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What has ADAG not done that he should have done and was allowed to do?

What has ADAG done that shouldn't have been done and wasn't previously told/recommended to do by someone above him?

If these 2 questions can't be clearly and easily answered without mental contortion, what are we having this discussion for?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

What has ADAG done that shouldn't have been done and wasn't previously told/recommended to do by someone above him?

If these 2 questions can't be clearly and easily answered without mental contortion, what are we having this discussion for?

On question 2, made unilateral 10% cuts in athletic program spending which forced at least a few instances of subpar travel accommodations. Rumor is this was used against us on the recruiting trail.

This was done at a time when the AD budget was increasing to record levels.

22 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

On question 2, made unilateral 10% cuts in athletic program spending which forced at least a few instances of subpar travel accommodations. Rumor is this was used against us on the recruiting trail.

Where does this fit into that equation?

Seems like a $10M net loss kinda justifies those cuts. Imagine the losses without the cuts.

The only negative on ADAG's resume IMO is football, and the football program won't thrive until the head coach has autonomy over his program. 

Sure, let's fire him. And when the next guy is hired, tell him to bring pitchforks for us to inevitably use on him before his contract ink is dry like we've done with the other outside hires...

Edited by BizTiger
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

On question 2, made unilateral 10% cuts in athletic program spending which forced at least a few instances of subpar travel accommodations

Thought President Lleath decreed that to him?

40 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

Where does this fit into that equation?

Seems like a $10M net loss kinda justifies those cuts. Imagine the losses without the cuts.

LOL, I don't think "we may have a global pandemic that reduces soaring revenue by 20%" was part of the decision space in 2019. We tracked a $30M surplus the two years prior. He is a bean-counter, and fortunately Pres. Gogue saw that and put in some additional oversight via Gen. Burgess.

Meanwhile, Director's Cup Standings trend downward (AD JJ was consistent in this regard, but still firmly a Tier 2 type of AD overall):

2010: 26th

2011: 31st

2012: 28

2013: 33

2014: 34

2015: 32

2016: 35

2017: 28

2018: 18 (handoff year between JJ and AG)

2019: 37

2020: N/A

2021: 50

Current: 118

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

You seem to forget the President of the University told him to make the cuts. I am sure in the AD's position you would have told the president where to go. AG brought in a new Volleyball coach and we have seen an improvement, He brought in a new swimming coach and we have seen an improvement, he brought in a new Woman's basketball coach and we have seen an improvement, The football only complex was finally approved while he was AD (Credit for that goes to many people). Woman's basketball locker room approval for being upgraded on his watch and I believe I heard a second Practice court solely for the men.  

As for vetting Harsin he was fighting the people who were pushing Steele which had put the search behind he tried some other coaches first but they were afraid of the PTB and its reputation for interfering as evidences by Jetgate and the Steele push. Arky State AD the other day put to rest the notion they were going to fire him and said they wanted to keep him. It may be true he did not understand what it takes to recruit in the SEC because of where he came from but if you basically said we only hire people who have coached in SEC you lose a lot of possible talent.

After what just happened it will be even more difficult for him to recruit because every opposing staff will tell players we are recruiting that he is a lame duck and gone plus if the money men were even partially behind what just happened they might not put up the NIL dollars. We obviously did not have the backing like some programs A&M and Longhorns when it came to NIL and bama has been doing NIL under the table for years as has Georgia.  

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

42 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Auburn needs to hire her, and should have hired her last time. 

636AFCB9-E2B0-4CFC-AB28-0B4F844022FA.jpeg

If she can drink gasoline and whizz fire like CBH then hell yes bring her in. Auburn needs toughness, hardcore leaders that stand up to lazy weak minded and soft people. 

• Love 1

10 hours ago, BizTiger said:

The only negative on ADAG's resume IMO is football, and the football program won't thrive until the head coach has autonomy over his program. 

Sure, let's fire him. And when the next guy is hired, tell him to bring pitchforks for us to inevitably use on him before his contract ink is dry like we've done with the other outside hires...

That's not the only negative, I mean go look at the situation about ADAG and Bruce, Bruce doesn't like him because he tried to take money for the Bball program, there are others you just have to look it up. 

For the people defending AG thank you! for the ones drumming up bogus nonsense kick rocks, it doesn't take captain obvious to see why he is not wanted here.  I will rest my case.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BizTiger said:

Ask Bruce about some of the nonsense. Why do you think Burgess got involved?

Nothing personal but there’s some uninformed posters on this board.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1