Men vs South Carolina Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Up by 11 and the worlds on fire lol 

• Haha 1

So pissed we squandered another 19 point lead. Now there's only 3 minutes left and probably not a big enough lead to get our two seniors in the game in their last home game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, autigeremt said:

Up by 11 and the worlds on fire lol 

9. But yeah, I’d like us to cruise to a win today. My nerves need it. 

I think even if you hemmorage points with being undersized with the three guards, if you can maintain smart offensive play, it might be worth closing games with 

I don't think it's something you can run against most tournament teams past the round of 64, but we'll see 

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

So pissed we squandered another 19 point lead. Now there's only 3 minutes left and probably not a big enough lead to get our two seniors in the game in their last home game.

We should use the whole shot clock every time we get the ball. We seem to quickly shoot low percentage shots when the game is winding down and we should chew clock. Has been that way a few games now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The one thing that really hurts Auburn in comparison to the Final Four team is they don't have that veteran guy in the rotation that brings dudes into focus 

Not to romanticize that team like they didn't have lapses, but once they got hot they didn't stop being hot. This team will get hot for like 5 possessions and that's the most you're getting  

That's college basketball. Streaky on both sides.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Great 2nd half meltdown again.

We just can’t put teams away. Have to be able to do that in the tourney. 

There def going to have to earn this SECC. Scratch and claw for every second. I wish we could clean up the turnovers.

• Like 2

Just taking bad shots. Didn’t even try on that last defensive possession before the timeout. Get it together, fellas. Close it out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I agree. I’m not being dramatic and a win is always good, but the blowing of leads in the second half is a worry and in the big tourney, there are plenty of teams that will make you pay for that. Just seems we need to correct some things. We either come out slow or let off the gas. If we play a consistent 40 minute game, this is a final 8 team, otherwise, it will be dicey. No the sky isn’t falling, but we are what 4 and 3 our last seven games and that’s expecting a win today. Just some thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's college basketball. Streaky on both sides.

Definitely, but it's pretty rare to be as bad with leads as Auburn has been as of late (for the 1% of teams), season to season. I'm not comparing us to a Northwestern State or Georgia Southern

• Like 1

Just now, fishepa said:

We just can’t put teams away. Have to be able to do that in the tourney. 

Today hurts a lot because it looked like we would be able to clear the bench early. We should not give up leads this often.

• Like 1