Media Picks AU Last

AU-24

Here I thought it was just a few nuts on this board that thought this way. For the record, I’m predicting 3rd from last in the West.

.https://sports.yahoo.com/auburn-picked-finish-last-sec-160918067.html

In Friday's 2022 preseason poll, voted on by members of the media who covered SEC Media Days this week, Auburn was picked to finish last in the SEC West. It's the first time since the conference expanded in 2012 that Auburn has been voted No. 7 in the division on the preseason ballot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Here I thought it was just a few nuts on this board that thought this way. For the record, I’m predicting 3rd from last in the West.

.https://sports.yahoo.com/auburn-picked-finish-last-sec-160918067.html

In Friday's 2022 preseason poll, voted on by members of the media who covered SEC Media Days this week, Auburn was picked to finish last in the SEC West. It's the first time since the conference expanded in 2012 that Auburn has been voted No. 7 in the division on the preseason ballot.

I would hope that if this comes to fruition, everyone will agree to part ways. I’m thinking 4th in west too, though. I do think the staff will keep these talented older guys developed enough to not be last

But if recruiting doesn’t pick up, that last place is the future we will get

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I would hope that if this comes to fruition, everyone will agree to part ways. I’m thinking 4th in west too, though. I do think the staff will keep these talented older guys developed enough to not be last

But if recruiting doesn’t pick up, that last place is the future we will get

100% agree. I think things are worse, than some on this board will admit, in the football athletic department, but I just can’t see us finishing dead last. I just don’t see it.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2

I'm not sure if it's this year, but if recruiting continues on its current trajectory, that prediction will be reality soon enough. 

• Like 5

I don’t think OL is THAT bad for dead last but it’s certainly possible. 

We will know much more about Auburn football in 2022 on September 17th. 

• Like 2

Just FYI the SEC media picks are officially 0%  correct in choosing the order of success since the inception. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Part of me says AU performs best when little is expected....another part says this might projection be right. ☹️  CBH needs to step it up!!!  

24 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

Part of me says AU performs best when little is expected....another part says this might projection be right. ☹️  CBH needs to step it up!!!  

This is the type of situation/year that Tuberville would thrive in. He and the coaches, especially Coach Yox, would be hammering the disrespect so hard in workouts and practice and team meetings. That first SEC game would be a bloodbath.

I guess we’ll see how Harsin handles it and gets the guys going. Sounds good so far. 

• Like 1

Picking AU last sounds harsh. But then, exactly who do we finish above? MSU? They beat us last year. Arky or Ole' Miss? We've beaten those teams six years in a row, but I don't think we'll be favored against either this time. LSU and A&M are the next level up. Do we think either of those will finish last instead of AU? I'm not surprised that writers picked AU last in the west. The other six teams are all likely better than us.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Picking AU last sounds harsh. But then, exactly who do we finish above? MSU? They beat us last year. Arky or Ole' Miss? We've beaten those teams six years in a row, but I don't think we'll be favored against either this time. LSU and A&M are the next level up. Do we think either of those will finish last instead of AU? I'm not surprised that writers picked AU last in the west. The other six teams are all likely better than us.

As you know, I think we could’ve done much better in the Coach hiring department than Harsin. But seeing the SEC Writers pick us dead last, is just a kick in the gut. I guess it is, what it is.

Here’s to hoping we go 7-5 with a Birmingham Bowl victory. How sad!

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, aucom96 said:

I'm not sure if it's this year, but if recruiting continues on its current trajectory, that prediction will be reality soon enough. 

Recruiting has nothing to do with this years season. We play with the players we have...

Edited by Randman5000
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

As you know, I think we could’ve done much better in the Coach hiring department than Harsin. But seeing the SEC Writers pick us dead last, is just a kick in the gut. I guess it is, what it is.

Nope, we are projected to go to the Gasparilla  Bowl

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Recruiting has nothing to do with this years season. We play with the players we have...

As I said at the beginning of my post, yes. But it's going to have a lot to do with next season and the future. And last season's sub-par recruiting and poor portal management could have plenty to do with this year. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

So if your proof that we lose because they beat us last year in the list you listed, we lose to MS, aTm but beat LSU, Ark. OM.

• Like 2

2 thoughts:  
1.  I’m not surprised.  Unfortunately, that’s where we are as a program right now.
2.   This only adds to the chip on our shoulder, which is the best thing we’ve got going for us right now.   Our guys are 100% motivated to prove a bunch of people wrong!

• Like 1

Well predictions are just that... game has to be played.. winner and end of season is what matters. I am more outraged by the tasteless post such as this one... shows a lack of leadership from the HC AND the AD

Screenshot_20220722-185657_Instagram.jpg

Edited by AU1947
Typo
  • Haha 7

36 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

Well predictions are just that... game has to be played.. winner and end of season is what matters. I am more outraged by the tasteless post such as this one... shows a lack of leadership from the HC AND the AD

Screenshot_20220722-185657_Instagram.jpg

269689364_6629185220484711_7623915051760994100_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, AU-24 said:

In fairness, 7-5 will *likely* get us to one of the group of six bowls. But yes, I could easily see our senior leadership doing just good enough to get him a third year. Maybe in that case the 'croots/transfers start biting and that turns it around for CBH. If not, year 3 is probs 2012 part 2.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

I think the senior OLine is going to be a big advantage even though they haven’t been very good in the past.  There is no substitute for experience at those positions.  I think we will have a good season this year then fall on hard times next year.  So they save him this year but he gets the axe in ‘23 unless he is able to bring in a bunch of great players through the portal after this season.  Just my humble opinion.  

• Like 5

• augolf1716 changed the title to Media Picks AU Last

This OL combination hasn't shown to be great yet in any capacity, but they've been solid in pass blocking over the course of the past couple seasons imo. If they can work a miracle with the passing game, the defense should be fine. 

Just spit balling, I see 

Mercer - W

SJSU - W

Penn St - W 

Missouri - W 

LSU - L

Georgia - cmon now

Ole Miss - W

Arkansas - W 

Miss St - W 

A&M -  W 

WKU - W

Alabama - L 

Can definitely see an alternate world where the bottom falls through, but they have enough as currently constructed to beat Ole Miss, LSU, Penn St, Ark and A&M and those can obv go either way. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This OL combination hasn't shown to be great yet in any capacity, but they've been solid in pass blocking over the course of the past couple seasons imo. If they can work a miracle with the passing game, the defense should be fine. 

Just spit balling, I see 

Mercer - W

SJSU - W

Penn St - W 

Missouri - W 

LSU - L

Georgia - cmon now

Ole Miss - W

Arkansas - W 

Miss St - W 

A&M -  W 

WKU - W

Alabama - L 

Can definitely see an alternate world where the bottom falls through, but they have enough as currently constructed to beat Ole Miss, LSU, Penn St, Ark and A&M and those can obv go either way. 

That is an extremely positive outlook and I would be over the moon if we had this record. I just don’t see anyway we beat A&M, Ole Miss, Arky, and MSU. I feel like we will split those 4 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That is an extremely positive outlook and I would be over the moon if we had this record. I just don’t see anyway we beat A&M, Ole Miss, Arky, and MSU. I feel like we will split those 4 

I see LSU as way more likely than A&M.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

In fairness, 7-5 will *likely* get us to one of the group of six bowls. But yes, I could easily see our senior leadership doing just good enough to get him a third year. Maybe in that case the 'croots/transfers start biting and that turns it around for CBH. If not, year 3 is probs 2012 part 2.

So now, we've pushed it back to 2024

• Haha 2