Guess who calls the "shots"?

TexasTiger

By LAURIE KELLMAN, Associated Press Writer

Tue Jul 26, 6:14 PM ET

WASHINGTON - Senate Republicans on Tuesday moved the National Rifle Association's top priority ahead of a $491 billion defense bill, setting up a vote on legislation to shield firearms manufacturers and dealers from lawsuits over gun crimes.

Completion of the defense bill, which the Senate had been debating for a week, will now be delayed until fall. Democrats were incensed.

"What's happening on this gun liability bill is really despicable," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (news, bio, voting record), D-Calif. "To put that ahead of the defense bill, I think, is the most distorted priorities I can possibly conceive of."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050726/ap_on_...HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Yes. The GOP thinks gun control is more imporatant than a comprehensive and sensible Defense Bill. Of course, everyone knows that the passing of such bills is always clean, straight forward and never involves pork, irrelevent riders or are in any way are sabotagged in the least for political purposes. What you see on the surface or in the headlines is ALWAYS exactly how it is. There's never more to the story than meets the eye. Never.

:rolleyes:

Yes. The GOP thinks gun control is more imporatant than a comprehensive and sensible Defense Bill.  Of course, everyone knows that the passing of such bills is always clean,  straight forward and never involves pork, irrelevent riders or are in any way are sabotagged in the least for political purposes.  What you see on the surface or in the headlines is ALWAYS exactly how it is.  There's never more to the story than meets the eye. Never.

:rolleyes:

171171[/snapback]

That's your excuse? Nothing specific to this situation? :blink::rolleyes:

Trying to get specific about things in D.C. is like trying to put toothpaste back into the tube. I'll always remember a bill that was suppose to help the people in the Midwest who had suffered from the great floods back in mids 90's. One fine upstanding person in Congress ( I think it was Maxine Waters - D,CA ) thought it was a good idea to slip in a rider which sent millions of aid $$ to help folks in L.A., after the race riots. :blink: Such nonsense goes on all the time, and no party is guiltless in this sort of scam. That's why when I hear that this bill has been sidelined, or so and so is voting against a bill to save cute puppies and kitties, I take it in stride.

Unless said person comes out and actually declares they are against protecting puppies and kitties.

Trying to get specific about things in D.C. is like trying to put toothpaste back into the tube. I'll always remember a bill that was suppose to help the people in the Midwest who had suffered from the great floods back in  mids 90's. One  fine upstanding person in Congress ( I think it was Maxine Waters - D,CA ) thought it was a good idea to slip in a rider which sent millions of aid $$ to help folks in L.A., after the race riots.  :blink:   Such nonsense goes on all the time, and no party is guiltless in this sort of scam. That's why when I hear that this bill has been sidelined, or so and so is voting against a bill to save cute puppies and kitties, I take it in stride.

Unless said person comes out and actually declares  they are against protecting puppies and kitties.

171187[/snapback]

Your argument is a red herring. Regardless of what practices may be common regarding riders, etc., we need a defense bill and the question is where is that in Republican congressional leaders priorities-- clearly behind the priorities of their NRA masters.

Trying to get specific about things in D.C. is like trying to put toothpaste back into the tube. I'll always remember a bill that was suppose to help the people in the Midwest who had suffered from the great floods back in  mids 90's. One  fine upstanding person in Congress ( I think it was Maxine Waters - D,CA ) thought it was a good idea to slip in a rider which sent millions of aid $$ to help folks in L.A., after the race riots.  :blink:   Such nonsense goes on all the time, and no party is guiltless in this sort of scam. That's why when I hear that this bill has been sidelined, or so and so is voting against a bill to save cute puppies and kitties, I take it in stride.

Unless said person comes out and actually declares  they are against protecting puppies and kitties.

171187[/snapback]

Your argument is a red herring. Regardless of what practices may be common regarding riders, etc., we need a defense bill and the question is where is that in Republican congressional leaders priorities-- clearly behind the priorities of their NRA masters.

171192[/snapback]

There's no 'red herring' here at all. You just insist on using your ignorance on inside the beltway politics as an excuse to vilify the GOP and try to make a issue out of nothing.

You're a VERY useful idiot. Good job. :cheer:

It was an interesting article UNTIL ms. feinstein was quoted. At that point, all credibility was lost. <_< She is the only human that I can think of who would give howard dean a run for his money in a contest to see who was the biggest lyin' idiot on the left side of the isle.

It was an interesting article UNTIL ms. feinstein was quoted. At that point, all credibility was lost. <_<   She is the only human that I can think of who would give howard dean a run for his money in a contest to see who was the biggest lyin' idiot on the left side of the isle.

171312[/snapback]

Oh, come on! What about Teddy? What about Kerry? What about [insert name of liberal whose name happens to have come up at the moment]? Problem is, when every liberal you happen to be talking about is always "the most stupid, even for a liberal, ever", you end up losing more credibility than they do.

Feinstein ain't on my top 100 list of stupid lefties. And in this case, she happens to have a valid point.

The ONLY thing worse than a new england lib is a left coaster. It is a birth right in san francisco. They attempt to "out lib" one another every day. :)

And how is this bill NOT part of a basic defense? The right of every American to defend themselves and their country is more basic than any defense bill ever passed. The assault on gun manufacturers by the left is attrocious. And the left wing gun hating crowd is TOO freaking stupid to see that if these lawsuits are not stopped now, then gun manufacturers in this country will eventually shut down. Now for you gun haters out there, this seems like a victory. That is until, too late, you realize that our military and law wnforcement agencies will now have to rely on foreign manufacturers for their weapons, and subsequently, ammo. Maybe they could just use little sticks to keep the peace. It works so well in Great Briton.

If the demoncrats were so worried about a defense bill, then it would already be done. Maybe the Republican government is just tired of waiting on them and moving on to another important issue until the demoncrats can catch up.

But to quote the left-wing-nut-american rights hating Fiendsteen just put any validity to this issue in the toilet. Big ticket items usually get delayed when there are issues with them. Then the government gets a few other things out of the way. This is all that's happening. But once again WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF :puke:

But once again WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF,WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF, WOLF :puke:

171466[/snapback]

Meds aren't working for that OCD problem? :moon:;):big:

Archived