The FBI raids Mar-A-Lago.

AU9377

Don’t know anything about Mitch’s wife to be honest.  But if you can show me how his influence got her her position or his stance on pushing legislation benefitted her I’d like to take a look.  

https://www.newsweek.com/mitch-mcconnells-wife-elaine-chao-abused-office-help-family-firm-china-business-watchdog-found-1573653

Mitch McConnell's Wife Elaine Chao Abused Office to Help Family Firm With China Business, Watchdog Found

https://www.americanoversight.org/investigation/elaine-chaos-family-business-and-kentucky-favoritism

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/stop-mitch-mcconnell-elaine-chaos-corruption

https://www.thedailybeast.com/emails-expose-coordination-between-mitch-mcconnell-and-his-wife-elaine-chao

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I said actual felonies, not accusations.  What you got?  You said how many felonies does he have to commit.  Prove one.

Ah, nonsensical discussions.

"Trump Removes classified documents from WH"
"DOJ issues search warrant to retrieve them"
"Shows new law Tom Cotton/Trump signed showing removing classified documents is a Felony"

"SHOW ME PROOF OF A COURT PROCEEDINGS AND A JURY CONVICTION.  ANYTHING ELSE IS A HOAX JUST LIKE TRUMP SAID"

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

I said actual felonies, not accusations.  What you got?  You said how many felonies does he have to commit.  Prove one.

I'm certain Hillary feels the same way.

• Haha 3

Ah, nonsensical discussions.

"Trump Removes classified documents from WH"
"DOJ issues search warrant to retrieve them"
"Shows new law Tom Cotton/Trump signed showing removing classified documents is a Felony"

"SHOW ME PROOF OF A COURT PROCEEDINGS AND A JURY CONVICTION.  ANYTHING ELSE IS A HOAX JUST LIKE TRUMP SAID"

You’re the one that is nonsensical.  If, like you say, he has committed a felony, he will not be able to run for public office.  That would be the best of all worlds.

You are wishing and hoping that he did.  Past practices with other Presidents taking classified material (Obama and Clinton) doesn’t bode will for a conviction.  It would have to be something more egregious than just taking material the National Archives wants back.

The fact there is no conviction is not proof of a hoax, but it is conjecture.  Something the media and the left seem to be efficient at accomplishing.

• Facepalm 1

Name one felony he has committed.  Please, just one.  Not accusation, fact that he committed a felony.  If he did, this all would be over.  If you have something, let’s see it.  The world is waiting.

This is a hilarious comment. 

• Like 3

I'm certain Hillary feels the same way.

I’m sure she does, talk about fund raising; have you seen the *but her emails* hat she’s hawking for $30.00 a pop?

Past practices with other Presidents taking classified material

Did you read the tweet I posted?  It wasn't a felony then.  It is now

Did you read the tweet I posted?  It wasn't a felony then.  It is now

If Garland can prove it, more power to him.

You can commit a felony and not be charged. If we know someone did acts that were against the law they committed a felony regardless whether they were indicted. I think you are asking for how many felonies has he been charged with?

which is zero, how many do we know he committed? Several at this point. 

• Like 2

You got something Mr. Lawyer?

Yeah, the disparity between your two replies is hilarious. Hence my statement “this is a hilarious comment”. 

• Like 1

I’m sure she does, talk about fund raising; have you seen the *but her emails* hat she’s hawking for $30.00 a pop?

Hillary sucks, Pelosi sucks, Moderate democrats suck as a whole. You don’t curry favor by attacking democrats most of us on here don’t like as well. It’s just an “okay, yeah Hillary is a POS, moving on”

• Like 1

You can commit a felony and not be charged. If we know someone did acts that were against the law they committed a felony regardless whether they were indicted. I think you are asking for how many felonies has he been charged with?

which is zero, how many do we know he committed? Several at this point. 

If a person is not charged with a felony, wouldn’t that be prosecutorial discretion?  Do you think any prosecutor would pass on a chance to convict Trump on something?

You’re the one that is nonsensical.  If, like you say, he has committed a felony, he will not be able to run for public office.  That would be the best of all worlds.

You are wishing and hoping that he did.  Past practices with other Presidents taking classified material (Obama and Clinton) doesn’t bode will for a conviction.  It would have to be something more egregious than just taking material the National Archives wants back.

The fact there is no conviction is not proof of a hoax, but it is conjecture.  Something the media and the left seem to be efficient at accomplishing.

See this is wrong. If a person is convicted of a felony they cannot not run for office. If they merely commit a felony but are never charged they can run for office. 

Important distinction. 

If a person is not charged with a felony, wouldn’t that be prosecutorial discretion? Yes, but not what I was getting at. They still committed the felony regardless of whether the P decides not to charge.

Do you think any prosecutor would pass on a chance to convict Trump on something? Yes, I do think many prosecutors would pass on a chance to convict Trump depending on the circumstances.

See bold.

Edited by Didba

If a person is not charged with a felony, wouldn’t that be prosecutorial discretion?  Do you think any prosecutor would pass on a chance to convict Trump on something?

Absolutely.

For example, Mueller clearly could have indicted Trump for obstruction of justice but he made the decision to pass that responsibility to congress to handle it through the impeachment process.

Had Trump not been POTUS, Mueller would have undoubtedly indicted him for obstruction.

(Of course this was all glossed over and ignored by the sitting AG, Bill Barr, who focused solely on the legal conspiracy issue.)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why plan the raid when Trump was out of town? 

Do we know that they did? Was it even a consideration? Perhaps they planned to do it ASAP once they had a warrant. After all, Trump travels constantly, so asking him when he would be in residence would be tipping him off that something was up.

If Trump was working with the Archive Department, why the abrupt change of direction in such a public way?

You seem to assume that Trump and his team were being cooperative. Not sure why you would assume that, other than to take him at his word, which I can't imagine you would be foolish enough to do. From what I've read, they were not being cooperative, so more drastic action was taken.

If the DOJ did this in a more private way, Trump wouldn’t have the opportunity to fund raise off of such a stupid faux pas. If he tried to fund raise after a less public event, he wouldn’t have been able to take the same advantage as this one created.

Um, Trump was the one who alerted the world to the raid. The FBI tried to keep it as quiet as possible. They even used plainclothes going in, rather than wearing vests with a huge "FBI" on them. Not sure what else you would suggest they should have done. 

I’m very disappointed in the way it was handled because it gives Trump and his followers reason to build momentum for another Presidential run.  I was hoping he would realize the Republicans needed to move on.  But NOOOO, this event has energized the Republicans solidly behind Trump.

It's really stunning that you blame the government for this being news, rather than Trump himself, considering he bull-horned it to everyone. Why do you think he did that? Possibly for the very reason you just described? 

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

See bold.

So, under Garland’s DOJ; would he prosecute?  Try not to avoid the question.

• Facepalm 1

At least when Trump runs again, everyone in the country will know that he plans on gutting the entire government infrastructure and remaking it to serve only him instead of the constitution and tradition.

That will be his campaign platform.

• Like 2

No clue. How could I even begin to know the answer to that question? I’m not avoiding the question. I can’t answer that without making massive assumptions without any knowledge as to their investigation. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Apparently they took security footage too.  I'd imagine that's going to be a high dependency. Were they showing ppl documents?  Were they constantly looking at the documents?

If they sat in a closet, he'll probably get a slap on the wrist and would be a final warning and better not have more classified documents for the 3rd time of this

Apparently they took security footage too.  I'd imagine that's going to be a high dependency. Were they showing ppl documents?  Were they constantly looking at the documents?

If they sat in a closet, he'll probably get a slap on the wrist and would be a final warning and better not have more classified documents for the 3rd time of this

I have no idea how this will end up.  Time will tell.  I hope we get to the bottom of something regarding this situation.

It’s a good filler until the Jan. 6th sideshow starts up again.

Fox News tries to pass off fake image of judge who approved Mar-a-Lago warrant as real

To finish up his duties as guest host on Tucker Carlson Tonight Thursday, Brian Kilmeade showed a clearly photoshopped image of Judge Bruce Reinhart, who signed off on the FBI raid at former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort that has dominated the news since Monday. The image took a 2017 post from Judge Reinhart, and put his body onto that of deceased pedophile Jeffrey Epstein getting his foot rubbed by Ghislaine Maxwell, who is now in prison for her part in Epstein’s crimes against minors. Despite the fact that the image Fox News used was credited to the Twitter handle @whatimemtosay, Kilmeade tried to pass it off as real.

“Also, a picture of Bruce Reinhart,” Kilmeade said while bringing up the image. “This is the judge in charge of the..of the uh…of the, um…as you know, of the warrant, and we’ll see if he’s gonna release it next. He likes Oreos and whiskey.”

Fox and Kilmeade were called out for the indiscretion online, and even by Sean Hannity, who pointed out that it is fake as they transitioned to his show. But Kilmeade pushed back.

“Sean, can you relate to that?” Kilmeade asked. “I think that’s actually a picture of Jeffrey Epstein with somebody putting his head on there,” Hannity replied. I’m guessing. I don’t know.” “It might be his plane,” Kilmeade responded. “Who knows?”

Video Transcript

[AUDIO LOGO]

BRIAN KILMEADE: Meanwhile, before we go, make sure you catch me on stage, Albany, New York, at The Egg. Just go to briankilmeade.com. Also a picture of Bruce Reinhart.

KYLIE MAR: On "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Thursday with guest host Brian Kilmeade, Fox News showed a clearly photoshopped image of Judge Bruce Reinhart who signed off on the FBI raid of former President Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort. The image took a 2017 post from Judge Reinhart while he was waiting out a hurricane hoping to watch the New York Giants and put his image over that of deceased pedophile Jeffrey Epstein getting his foot rubbed by Ghislaine Maxwell. And even though the image Fox showed was credited to the Twitter handle @whatimeantosay, Kilmeade tried passing it off as real.

BRIAN KILMEADE: This is the judge in charge of the-- of the-- uh, of the-- uh, as you know, of the warrant. And we'll see if he's going to release it next. He likes Oreos and whiskey.

KYLIE MAR: This isn't the first time Fox got caught for trying to pass off fake images as real. They did the same thing in June of 2020 during the George Floyd protests. And Fox was called out for the indiscretion.

One person tweeted, "Fox News is the professional wrestling of 'news' shows. Most people know it's fake, but for some reason they still enjoy watching it." Another wrote, "You guys are the childhood screw-up that wants attention as an adult." Even Sean Hannity called it out but Kilmeade pushed back.

BRIAN KILMEADE: Sean, can you relate to that?

SEAN HANNITY: I think that's actually a picture of Jeffrey Epstein with somebody putting his head on there. I'm guessing. I don't know.

BRIAN KILMEADE: It might be his plane, who knows.

SEAN HANNITY: [LAUGHS] I'll let you determine that in the morning. We'll be watching.

• Sad 1

Past practices with other Presidents taking classified material (Obama) doesn’t bode will for a conviction.

yes yes yes....just like Obama did.

Wait.....

• Like 1

yes yes yes....just like Obama did.

Wait.....

Trump still employing the Steve Bannon strategy:  Flood the zone with bull**** and just keep repeating it and adding more to confuse people and create so much noise no one can discern the real from the fake anymore.

• Like 1