The FBI raids Mar-A-Lago.

AU9377

I mean, screw Pelosi and especially her brother going on that trip....but where were you when Mitch McConnel's wife is the head of transportation with a MASSIVE stake in oceanic shipping, literally Trump's entire family during his presidency, and countless other ties.

Singling something out either shows your true ignorance to the issue or just a partisan hack

It wasn’t her brother, it was her son.  He was also removed from any itineraries or manifests - seems a little shady.   He is also heavily involved in numerous companies in Asia that are tied to cobalt and lithium- things that supply batteries for green energy.   Couldn’t have anything to do with all of the green funding in the “Inflation Proliferation Act that Nancy has been pushing?   Maybe there’s nothing there and it’s just related to his unique qualifications in the field - except there aren’t any.  

Don’t know anything about Mitch’s wife to be honest.  But if you can show me how his influence got her her position or his stance on pushing legislation benefitted her I’d like to take a look.  

It wasn’t her brother, it was her son.  He was also removed from any itineraries or manifests - seems a little shady.   He is also heavily involved in numerous companies in Asia that are tied to cobalt and lithium- things that supply batteries for green energy.   Couldn’t have anything to do with all of the green funding in the “Inflation Proliferation Act that Nancy has been pushing?   Maybe there’s nothing there and it’s just related to his unique qualifications in the field - except there aren’t any.  

Don’t know anything about Mitch’s wife to be honest.  But if you can show me how his influence got her her position or his stance on pushing legislation benefitted her I’d like to take a look.  

Cool. We’ve both said it’s not good when either side does it while you ignore that trump’s nepotism is way worse. 

Cool. We’ve both said it’s not good when either side does it while you ignore that trump’s nepotism is way worse. 

LOL of course way worse.  Trump gave jobs to successful professional children whom he knows he can trust. They are accomplished on their own. Nancy is pushing legislation that directly affects in a positive way her son’s monetary investment with a Chinese company. Climate change and batteries. Even you could see that connection. 

• Like 1

Anyone here still hanging their hat on this raid being unnecessary and a big nothingburger just designed to mess with Trump and his chances to run in 2024?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/08/11/garland-trump-mar-a-lago/

So they wait a year and a half to retrieve nuclear documents? Makes a lot of sense. 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

LOL of course way worse.  Trump gave jobs to successful professional children whom he knows he can trust. They are accomplished on their own. Nancy is pushing legislation that directly affects in a positive way her son’s monetary investment with a Chinese company. Climate change and batteries. Even you could see that connection. 

They work for daddy.  How is that being "accomplished on their own?"  I have absolutely no issue with someone's children working in the family business, that isn't what I'm saying.  I simply think it is disingenuous to pretend that the Trump children are some sort of business savants making it in a tough business world, while others are grifters in some way.

Does Ivanka Trump have her own fragrance if she is Sally Jones from rural Pennsylvania?  I doubt it.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t defend Pelosi as I have said already several times. I’d prefer if she and other fossils like Mitch would retire. 

Further, blatant nepotism is bad especially when his children are neither successful, professional or qualified for the positions he gave them. 

However, there is no real reason to argue over which is “worse” when we all agree that both are bad and shouldn’t happen. 

Further, I don’t think you want me to pull the plethora of evidence of Republican congressman doing the same or similar things as Pelosi to benefit themselves, their spouses, children, and extended family. 

all of its bad. No matter which side. 

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

They work for daddy.  How is that being "accomplished on their own?"  I have absolutely no issue with someone's children working in the family business, that isn't what I'm saying.  I simply think it is disingenuous to pretend that the Trump children are some sort of business savants making it in a tough business world, while others are grifters in some way.

Does Ivanka Trump have her own fragrance if she is Sally Jones from rural Pennsylvania?  I doubt it.

Also, blatant nepotism is generally frowned upon in professional settings.

• Like 2

So they wait a year and a half to retrieve nuclear documents? Makes a lot of sense. 

It sure does make a lot of sense, I am glad you agree.

Investigations take time. Gathering evidence, writing affidavits, meetings to discuss how to deal with sensitive issues, applying for a warrant, setting a hearing, attending the hearing, waiting for the judge to approve, are all things that take weeks if not months for each step. 

• Thanks 1

Good point.  If a government was so concerned about nuclear documents for 18 months, then it must not have been critical, or they didn’t know they were missing (which would be a failure of our security).

The government was in contact with Trump on these *nuclear documents* since June third and did not seem to be so concerned about this.

The other point is; why would anybody believe a *source* from the WaPo, the same paper that was full in on the Russian Hoax for four years?  Who was the *source*?  Someone from the vaunted DOJ or FBI that purposely leaked this information because Garland couldn’t?

Why would we believe the same people that 51 agents swore the Hunter Laptop was Russian disinformation only to be a lie?

I’m a little skeptical as to how this is unfolding.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 3

Anyone here still hanging their hat on this raid being unnecessary and a big nothingburger just designed to mess with Trump and his chances to run in 2024?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/08/11/garland-trump-mar-a-lago/

How many believe Trump would sell classified information if it meant maintaining his lifestyle?

They've been trying to get them back all year.  They got some, he hid the rest, then an informant told the FBI he still had more extremely classified documents.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

Good point.  If a government was so concerned about nuclear documents for 18 months, then it must not have been critical, or they didn’t know they were missing (which would be a failure of our security).

The government was in contact with Trump on these *nuclear documents* since June third and did not seem to be so concerned about this.

The other point is; why would anybody believe a *source* from the WaPo, the same paper that was full in on the Russian Hoax for four years?  Who was the *source*?  Someone from the vaunted DOJ or FBI that purposely leaked this information because Garland couldn’t?

Why would we believe the same people that 51 agents swore the Hunter Laptop was Russian disinformation only to be a lie?

Not a good point. 

Investigations take time. Gathering evidence, writing affidavits, meetings to discuss how to deal with sensitive issues, applying for a warrant, setting a hearing, attending the hearing, waiting for the judge to approve, are all things that take weeks if not months for each step. 

Major investigations into official misconduct at such a high level take time. Further, we will find out at 3pm today when the judge opens the warrant as Trump chose not to oppose. It’s too bad the affidavit will not be public as the search warrant will not be detailed, will just state what they were looking for.

The affidavit contains the actual probable cause the judge based his decision on. 

• Like 1

How many believe Trump would sell classified information if it meant maintaining his lifestyle?

Grifters gonna grift. 

From what I've read, they got a tip fairly recently from someone about it.  They didn't just wait for 18 months.

• Like 2

lmao, they've already gone down once and gotten boxes and boxes of items he illegally took.  He didn't hand over everything and kept more when the gov't was just trying to recoup was he took illegally.

How many times does he get to commit felonies before it's serious?

• Like 1

From what I've read, they got a tip fairly recently from someone about it.  They didn't just wait for 18 months.

Correct.  In January or maybe December the National Archives went down and collected all the things he took that he wasn't supposed to take.  So they did it w/out a warrant and did it in a normal manor.

At this point, he continued to hide documents that he took.  So they got a new tip of nuclear documents and highly secretive documents.  At some point you don't have a choice anymore when you've already asked once

• Like 3

Correct.  In January or maybe December the National Archives went down and collected all the things he took that he wasn't supposed to take.  So they did it w/out a warrant and did it in a normal manor.

At this point, he continued to hide documents that he took.  So they got a new tip of nuclear documents and highly secretive documents.  At some point you don't have a choice anymore when you've already asked once

Good to know. Thanks. 

All the window dressing aside, it comes down to asking why someone believes the rules do not apply to them? The DOJ requested the documents, subpoenaed the documents and finally executed a warrant and retrieved the documents.  None of that would have been necessary had one person not taken the documents in the first place.

The DOJ has enough to investigate that dealing with this is not something they wanted to do.  This provided nothing but a distraction and an opportunity for Trump to fund raise and get the lunatic fringe worked up.  Even so, it was their job and they did what they had to do.

• Like 2

Wonder how long they knew about it or if Trump was dumb enough to brag to someone recently about it. 

The DOJ has enough to investigate that dealing with this is not something they wanted to do.  This provided nothing but a distraction and an opportunity for Trump to fund raise and get the lunatic fringe worked up.  Even so, it was their job and they did what they had to do.

The DOJ could have handled this a lot better than it did.  Why plan the raid when Trump was out of town?  If Trump was working with the Archive Department, why the abrupt change of direction in such a public way?

If the DOJ did this in a more private way, Trump wouldn’t have the opportunity to fund raise off of such a stupid faux pas. If he tried to fund raise after a less public event, he wouldn’t have been able to take the same advantage as this one created.

I’m very disappointed in the way it was handled because it gives Trump and his followers reason to build momentum for another Presidential run.  I was hoping he would realize the Republicans needed to move on.  But NOOOO, this event has energized the Republicans solidly behind Trump.

I almost believe the Dems actually want this.  They have financed certain Republican candidates so they would possibly have a cleaner shot at certain seats in swing states.

Can you imagine if, like other attacks on Trump, this comes up empty?

Does this wall include the investigation of school board meeting attendees as Domestic Terrorists?  The NSBA sent a letter to Biden and five days later the DOJ, through the FBI, starts investigating parents.  Do you believe this was a coincidence?  Dr. Jill was involved in this one.

That's Republican propaganda.

https://www.justice.gov/ag/page/file/1438986/download

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/10/15/false-gop-claim-that-doj-is-spying-parents-school-board-meetings/

The false GOP claim that the Justice Dept. is spying on parents at school board meetings

https://www.cnn.com/specials/politics/fact-check-politics

Fact check: Kevin McCarthy keeps repeating false claim that attorney general called parents ‘terrorists’ for wanting to attend school board meetings

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

lmao, they've already gone down once and gotten boxes and boxes of items he illegally took.  He didn't hand over everything and kept more when the gov't was just trying to recoup was he took illegally.

How many times does he get to commit felonies before it's serious?

Name one felony he has committed.  Please, just one.  Not accusation, fact that he committed a felony.  If he did, this all would be over.  If you have something, let’s see it.  The world is waiting.

Name one felony he has committed.  Please, just one.  Not accusation, fact that he committed a felony.  If he did, this all would be over.  If you have something, let’s see it.  The world is waiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I said actual felonies, not accusations.  What you got?  You said how many felonies does he have to commit.  Prove one.