The FBI raids Mar-A-Lago.

AU9377

The broad Republican response to this has been well beyond reckless. Totally despicable. 

Just out here doxing FBI agents and attacking their families bc their hero committed various crimes

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

i will never understand why trump followers love him so much. he is not a good person. he will hurt people every single day if it benefits him. no lie is too big for him to tell. the only person he really loves is himself. i do not get it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The broad Republican response to this has been well beyond reckless. Totally despicable. 

Here is one Republican response you will continue to ignore.  I’ve said it is the worst thing for the Conservatives to give momentum to Trump, but the Democrats just can’t live without him.  Pitiful.

It’s amazing that even a liberal can see what damage this has done.  Now consider if they find nothing like they have in the past.

"His fortune was finally falling. The Big Lie was finally losing momentum. DeSantis was beating him in the polls — you know who hates this more than anybody? DeSantis," Maher exclaimed.

"'I had this in the bag, and now I gotta run against President Martyr,'" Maher continued, impersonating DeSantis. "And this is saving Trump politically because now, of course, all the Republicans — what do they do?"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher-admits-fbi-raid-saving-trump-politically-fortune-finally-falling?intcmp=tw_fnc

• Haha 1

We are in our 7th year of "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime"  The FBI and DOJ simply have no credibility any more after their misconduct in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation. The were part and parcel of the effort to frame Trump for russian collusion, which was always ridiculous on it's face.  The latest is a win-win for real conservatives.  If you get Trump, we get Desantis, who is our best choice anyway.  And just maybe the utterly corrupt DOJ and FBI  Inflict enough damage to what little is left of their reputation that we get some real change. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

We are in our 7th year of "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime"  The FBI and DOJ simply have no credibility any more after their misconduct in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation. The were part and parcel of the effort to frame Trump for russian collusion, which was always ridiculous on it's face.  The latest is a win-win for real conservatives.  If you get Trump, we get Desantis, who is our best choice anyway.  And just maybe the utterly corrupt DOJ and FBI  Inflict enough damage to what little is left of their reputation that we get some real change. 

i am pretty sure mueller told them there was enough to investigate from his own teams findings......

• Like 2

An opinion built on lies and misinformation.  You should thoroughly investigate for yourself.  If nothing else, read the Wikipedia pages for the Russia investigation, the Mueller investigation.

An opinion built on lies and misinformation.  You should thoroughly investigate for yourself.  If nothing else, read the Wikipedia pages for the Russia investigation, the Mueller investigation.

why do folks ignore the russians played fast and loose with the facts trying to help get trump elected?

• Like 1

why do folks ignore the russians played fast and loose with the facts trying to help get trump elected?

It would require a book to fully explain.  The short answer is,,, the Russians understand the Republican Party better than the most Republicans and, cults are very good at misinformation and shielding the cult members from the truth.  Cults are built on the basic tactic of getting people out of their logical rational thinking and, turning to emotional thinking which is easily manipulated.

It is an interesting intersection of Psych 101 and Marketing 101.  What motivates people.  Fear, anger, sex, acceptance, rejection, power, loss, greed. 

It is a master class in manipulation.  The ultimate conclusion is authoritarianism.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 1

You can't honestly believe that Trump has had no part in all of these things. To believe that, you would have to ignore the testimony of nearly everyone that has ever worked with him.

• Like 1

You can't honestly believe that Trump has had no part in all of these things. To believe that, you would have to ignore the testimony of nearly everyone that has ever worked with him.

There are hundreds of facts that must be ignored.  But, all you have to do to ignore them is, read the texts between Page and Strzok.  The inferences of the emotional mind trump all of the facts in the rational mind.

Here is one Republican response you will continue to ignore.  I’ve said it is the worst thing for the Conservatives to give momentum to Trump, but the Democrats just can’t live without him.  Pitiful.

It’s amazing that even a liberal can see what damage this has done.  Now consider if they find nothing like they have in the past.

"His fortune was finally falling. The Big Lie was finally losing momentum. DeSantis was beating him in the polls — you know who hates this more than anybody? DeSantis," Maher exclaimed.

"'I had this in the bag, and now I gotta run against President Martyr,'" Maher continued, impersonating DeSantis. "And this is saving Trump politically because now, of course, all the Republicans — what do they do?"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher-admits-fbi-raid-saving-trump-politically-fortune-finally-falling?intcmp=tw_fnc

Are you trying to say the DOJ should simply allow Trump to ignore subpoenas and violate the law (Espionage Act) because of political reasons?

Should politics negate the rule of law in our country?  

There was no effort to "frame" Trump for Russian collusion. :-\

Trump is directly responsible for whatever problems he has brought on himself. 

But they didn’t find nothing? They found a host of classified documents with at least one being the type that involves our foreign agents embedded in other governments. 

I’m embarrassed for you. 

i am pretty sure mueller told them there was enough to investigate from his own teams findings......

Mueller stated he had enough to charge obstruction but because of a DoJ policy he couldn’t and had to just pass the information onto congress. 

• Like 1

We’re in our 7th year of showing how folks like you never had the principles you claimed, never truly supported law enforcement, never really believed in the rule of law, never were really even conservative. And all it took was an amoral narcissist who’s not even charming. He’s pure a**hole. That’s what y’all wanted all along. 

For the brain dead morons claiming they should have just asked and the DOJ is some rogue institution....

Edited by W.E.D

The left cracks me up. Still believing in russian collusion.  And then, almost all of you guys believe that this country is utterly corrupt and run for the benefit of the billionaires at the expense of everybody else.  After watching the financial crisis unfold in 2008, I started believing that too.  In a nutshell, wall street made some bad bets, lost, and then got Congress to cover them so they didn't lose a penny. Then they got Congress to pass TARP so they and they alone could make another profit yet again on discounted assets.  Nobody can deny now that Wall Street owns Congress. Yet somehow, you think the DOJ and FBI are somehow not corrupt. Laughable, especially after crossfire hurricane.  If you can't see it after that, you never will. And just to prove their tight control over the democrats, the billionaire class had them remove the one thing that would hurt billionaire hedge fund managers from the laughably named Inflation Reduction act.  I mean, the hedge fund guys get to fraudulently claim their management fees are capital gains even thought they don't own the assets and have no capital at risk.  Yet, you want to get rid of the one guy they are afraid of......smh

• Haha 1

The left cracks me up. Still believing in russian collusion.  And then, almost all of you guys believe that this country is utterly corrupt and run for the benefit of the billionaires at the expense of everybody else.  After watching the financial crisis unfold in 2008, I started believing that too.  In a nutshell, wall street made some bad bets, lost, and then got Congress to cover them so they didn't lose a penny. Then they got Congress to pass TARP so they and they alone could make another profit yet again on discounted assets.  Nobody can deny now that Wall Street owns Congress. Yet somehow, you think the DOJ and FBI are somehow not corrupt. Laughable, especially after crossfire hurricane.  If you can't see it after that, you never will. And just to prove their tight control over the democrats, the billionaire class had them remove the one thing that would hurt billionaire hedge fund managers from the laughably named Inflation Reduction act.  I mean, the hedge fund guys get to fraudulently claim their management fees are capital gains even thought they don't own the assets and have no capital at risk.  Yet, you want to get rid of the one guy they are afraid of......smh

This is so ironic and sad. 

FF0BBEA5-D73E-4CC4-ADA2-4ABBE34FA019.png

That’s legal notice right there people. 

Edited by Didba

Crossfire hurricane was not a corrupt effort.  Considering the implications of Russian interference, it was an essential effort.  Again, you should do more research.

You think Trump is not corrupt. At this point, that makes you irredeemable.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

The left cracks me up. Still believing in russian collusion. 

https://www.lawfareblog.com/collusion-reading-diary-what-did-senate-intelligence-committee-find

A Collusion Reading Diary: What Did the Senate Intelligence Committee Find?

The fifth and final volume of the Select Intelligence Committee’s bipartisan report on Russian interference in the 2016 election is an incredibly long and detailed document. At a whopping 966 pages, volume 5 alone is more than twice the length of the Mueller report, and it covers a great deal more ground.

It is important for another reason: Along with the shorter volumes 1-4, the Senate’s report is the only credible account of the events of 2016 to which Republican elected officials have signed their names. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in a press release praised the report on the investigation he set in motion way back in December 2016, saying, “I commend my colleagues on both sides for keeping their work out of the partisan spotlight and focused on the facts.” McConnell, in the same press release, echoes the statements of Acting Committee Chairman Marco Rubio, stating that “[t]heir report reaffirms Special Counsel Mueller’s finding that President Trump did not collude with Russia.”

It is a bit of a mug’s game at this point to fight over whether what either Mueller or the Intelligence Committee found constitutes collusion and, if so, in what sense. The question turns almost entirely on what one means by the term “collusion”—a word without any precise meaning in the context of campaign engagement with foreign actors interfering with an election.

So rather than engaging over whether the Intelligence Committee found collusion, we decided to read the document with a focus on identifying precisely what the committee found about the engagement over a long period of time between Trump and his campaign and Russian government or intelligence actors and their cut-outs.

Whether one describes this activity as collusion or not, there’s a lot of it: The report describes hundreds of actions by Trump, his campaign, and his associates in the run-up to the 2016 election that involve some degree of participation by Trump or his associates in Russian activity. In this post—which we are generating serially as we read through the document—we attempt to summarize, precisely and comprehensively, what the eight Republicans on the committee, along with their seven Democratic colleagues, report that the president, members of his campaign and his associates actually did.

One overarching note: There is a fair amount of overlap between this document and the Mueller report. But the Senate report covers a fair bit more ground for a few reasons. For one thing, it was not limited to information it could prove beyond a reasonable doubt in court, as Mueller was. Just as important, the committee included counterintelligence questions in its investigative remit—whereas Mueller limited himself to a review of criminal activity. So the document reads less like a prosecution memo and more like an investigative report addressing risk assessment questions. This volume is an attempt to describe comprehensively the counterintelligence threats and vulnerabilities associated with Russia’s interference in the 2016 election. So it’s inherently a little more free-wheeling and speculative.

As we read, we summarized each section of the report in the order in which it appears. As of Sept. 3, the summary is now complete.

A. Paul Manafort

B. Hack and Leak

C. The Agalarovs and the June 9, 2016 Trump Tower Meeting

D. Trump Tower Moscow

E. George Papadopoulos

F. Carter Page

G. Trump's Foreign Policy Speech at the Mayflower Hotel

H. Maria Butina and Alexander Torshin

I. Allegations, and Potential Misinformation, About Compromising Information

J. Influence for Hire

K. Transition

L. Other Incidents and Persons of Interest

Conclusion

Edited by homersapien

Are you trying to say the DOJ should simply allow Trump to ignore subpoenas and violate the law (Espionage Act) because of political reasons?

Should politics negate the rule of law in our country?  

Of course not.  If the reason for the raid was to get the NARA documents they could have arranged with Trump to do so.  If the raid was a fishing expedition for who knows what, I guess this is the way to do it, but the backlash could be costly.

• Facepalm 2

Of course not.  If the reason for the raid was to get the NARA documents they could have arranged with Trump to do so.  If the raid was a fishing expedition for who knows what, I guess this is the way to do it, but the backlash could be costly.

They did try to arrange with Trump... there is a legal paper trail documenting it.

Further not fishing since they found what they were looking for.

They did try to arrange with Trump... there is a legal paper trail documenting it.

Further not fishing since they found what they were looking for.

Trump was under the impression the discussion was still on going.  A miscommunication or a strong handed response used to intimidate?

So, you are saying they didn’t grab anything other than what was on the warrant?  They are allowed to take was they believe may be a part of a crime.  Why did they go into Melania’s closet to look?

• Haha 2