The FBI raids Mar-A-Lago.

AU9377

I don’t defend Pelosi as I have said already several times. I’d prefer if she and other fossils like Mitch would retire. 

Further, blatant nepotism is bad especially when his children are neither successful, professional or qualified for the positions he gave them. 

However, there is no real reason to argue over which is “worse” when we all agree that both are bad and shouldn’t happen. 

Further, I don’t think you want me to pull the plethora of evidence of Republican congressman doing the same or similar things as Pelosi to benefit themselves, their spouses, children, and extended family. 

all of its bad. No matter which side. 

No problem. Just pointing out that you stated it was worse. I agree both sides are less than honorable. 

• Like 1

I have no idea how this will end up.  Time will tell.  I hope we get to the bottom of something regarding this situation.

It’s a good filler until the Jan. 6th sideshow starts up again.

Your last sentence belies your first paragraph. :rolleyes:

I don't think it matters at all what the actual truth is to you folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What doesn’t matter to us Homer is Your truth.

• Like 2

Sure the truth matters, just prove it.  Conjecture doesn’t count.

If a person is not charged with a felony, wouldn’t that be prosecutorial discretion?  Do you think any prosecutor would pass on a chance to convict Trump on something?

They absolutely would.  The DOJ doesn't want to charge a former President with interfering with Congress or some sort of election fraud or interference, but at some point the adults in the room have to distinguish between fact and fiction.  The well documented plan to replace slates of electors and thereby alter the results of a Presidential election is a big deal.  That makes Watergate look like nothing.  Even so, most prosecutors don't want to charge and take to trial a former President that 70 million people voted for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Show me where he committed any felony!!

Trump is this amazing combination of complete dumbass and arrogant a**hole that if you wrote him as a character in a TV show, he'd get nixed as "too unbelievable."  He literally thinks he can do anything he wants and get away with it because of money and this brain-dead horde of MAGA idiots that lap up everything he claims as gospel truth. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Trump is this amazing combination of complete dumbass and arrogant a**hole that if you wrote him as a character in a TV show, he'd get nixed as "too unbelievable."  He literally thinks he can do anything he wants and get away with it because of money and this brain-dead horde of MAGA idiots that lap up everything he claims as gospel truth. 

He has a lot of help.  The cult like culture has been being groomed for decades.

• Like 1

here is another dishonest thing trump is doing that will make you laugh.

thedailybeast.com

Pro – Trump Clothing Brand Lions Not Sheep Busted by FTC Over Fake ‘Made in USA’ Tags

AJ McDougall
1-2 minutes

An apparel company known for its inflammatory, pro–Trump slant was ordered by the Federal Trade Commission to stop using phony “Made in USA” tags on its products and “come clean about foreign production,” according to an agency news release. Lions Not Sheep, a company that sprang up during the pandemic, became notorious for printing far-right slogans like “Let’s Go Brandon” and “Give Violence a Chance” on clothing. Both it and company owner Sean Whalen were also ordered to pay $211,335 in fines over the fake labels. The penalty comes after the FTC found that Lions Not Sheep employees had removed “Made in China” tags and replaced them with the “bogus” ones. According to the agency’s original complaint, Whalen uploaded a video to social media claiming he could “conceal the fact that his shirts are made in China by ripping out the origin tags and replacing them with tags stating that the merchandise was made in the United States.”

some of yall hate the beast but they come up with stuff i love. the man needs to go to jail but i am not sure we would make things better or worse.personally i say lock him up. if it was one of us we would be goners.

• Haha 2

Sure the truth matters, just prove it.  Conjecture doesn’t count.

No but testimony and evidence does matter.

Trump has committed obstruction of justice and is also guilty of sedition as the evidence has demonstrated.  The fact he has not been indicted and convicted for either is says more about our political system than it does about his guilt or innocence. 

I think you are smart enough to realize that if you are honest with yourself.

Justice in the obstruction felony was prevented by Republican partisan politics in the impeachment process.  The sedition charge is still pending but again - if you are honest with yourself - you understand he is guilty. 

But regardless of what happens, there will be a determined effort made by the Republican party - just as they are doing now regarding the Mara Largo search warrant -  to deny that justice.

The Republican party is committed to ensuring the rule of law does not apply to them. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

Yesterday the Post said that the reason for the search warrant was because of classified nuclear documents. The search warrant today did not mention classified nuclear documents and also was not released until today.  There is a very small subset of people in the DOJ and the FBI that would know exactly what they were looking for. It is against the law for those people to release any statement like the search warrant was for classified nuclear documents. 

That means either somebody on the inside who would have had that information broke the law to give it to the Post or somebody who really did not have access to the information made up something and the Post published it without verifying it.

The Steele Dossier proved not to be a reliable document and probably should not have been used to start the investigation in the first place. I have always had a problem with that but what was worse was how much leaked information to the press throughout the investigation kept coming from Government employees breaking the law and there has never been an investigation on that aspect. Sadly I saw some of the same thing when Hillary was investigated.

There are times when a whistle blower feels that going to the press is the only way to get the ball rolling but in the three cases I mentioned The Steele Dossier, the search warrant, and the Hillary investigation there were ongoing investigations. In all three cases we had people inside DOJ, or CIA, or FBI that were picking sides and trying to run the investigation in the press as opposed to where it should be run.  What is amazing to me is the leakers were never investigated and removed from their positions.

A person in a possession of information because of their Government job should only provide this type of information the press for one of two reasons. One it has been discussed and vetted and there is some overriding security reason this information must come out to the Public or two has tried to go through proper channels to get the information investigated and has been stonewalled and feels so strongly that there was malfeasance and feels only by going to the press can the information get acted on.

Like Trump don't like Trump, Like Hillary don't like Hillary am I the only one upset with what seems to be a pattern of passing information to the press by Government employees which is not allowed and not having anything done. To me this is one of the reasons so many people don't have full faith in our government. Sadly there seem to be employees some on left and some on right who do this with no consequence. 

• Like 1

No but testimony and evidence does matter.

Trump has committed obstruction of justice and is also guilty of sedition as the evidence has demonstrated.  The fact he has not been indicted and convicted for either is says more about our political system than it does about his guilt or innocence. 

I think you are smart enough to realize that if you are honest with yourself.

Justice in the obstruction felony was prevented by Republican partisan politics in the impeachment process.  The sedition charge is still pending but again, if you are honest with yourself, you understand he is guilty. 

But regardless of what happens, there will be a determined effort will be made by the Republican party - just as they are doing now regarding the FBI warrant -  to deny that justice.

The Republican party is committed to ensuring the rule of law does not apply to them.

trump is a rapist as well. he has managed to scare or out wait many of his accusers but his wife testified in a court of law. they would hang bill clinton in the park but give trump a pass. and i am not taking up for bill for the record.

• Like 3

Yesterday the Post said that the reason for the search warrant was because of classified nuclear documents. The search warrant today did not mention classified nuclear documents and also was not released until today.  There is a very small subset of people in the DOJ and the FBI that would know exactly what they were looking for. It is against the law for those people to release any statement like the search warrant was for classified nuclear documents. 

That means either somebody on the inside who would have had that information broke the law to give it to the Post or somebody who really did not have access to the information made up something and the Post published it without verifying it.

The Steele Dossier proved not to be a reliable document and probably should not have been used to start the investigation in the first place. I have always had a problem with that but what was worse was how much leaked information to the press throughout the investigation kept coming from Government employees breaking the law and there has never been an investigation on that aspect. Sadly I saw some of the same thing when Hillary was investigated.

There are times when a whistle blower feels that going to the press is the only way to get the ball rolling but in the three cases I mentioned The Steele Dossier, the search warrant, and the Hillary investigation there were ongoing investigations. In all three cases we had people inside DOJ, or CIA, or FBI that were picking sides and trying to run the investigation in the press as opposed to where it should be run.  What is amazing to me is the leakers were never investigated and removed from their positions.

A person in a possession of information because of their Government job should only provide this type of information the press for one of two reasons. One it has been discussed and vetted and there is some overriding security reason this information must come out to the Public or two has tried to go through proper channels to get the information investigated and has been stonewalled and feels so strongly that there was malfeasance and feels only by going to the press can the information get acted on.

Like Trump don't like Trump, Like Hillary don't like Hillary am I the only one upset with what seems to be a pattern of passing information to the press by Government employees which is not allowed and not having anything done. To me this is one of the reasons so many people don't have full faith in our government. Sadly there seem to be employees some on left and some on right who do this with no consequence. 

i am pretty sure some folks were fired with either the fbi or the secret service but i do not remember which. i remember reading the headlines and maybe they were reinstated but i doubt it. even some dude and his gf and got in a bunch of trouble with the fbi i think. as for the steele thing it has been looked at over and over and nothing done that i remember. does this mean it was a nothing burger or something worse?

Edited by aubiefifty

Jared Kushner got $2 billion from the Saudis and I'm supposed to be concerned about Hunter's laptop? 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-oversight-investigating-2b-saudi-investment-jared-kushners-firm-rcna31805

I am happy they are investigating, if this was above board or not. That is what the oversight committee should be doing. They have known about possible Hunter scandals for years and have never started a congressional investigation. The fact that the oversight committee which is run by Democrats has ignored Hunter where there has been a good bit of information pointing to impropriety  and what is worse impropriety with the Chinese who are our number 1 enemy makes this investigation look like it is political.  

I am not saying the investigation is political there may be a legitimate reasons this should be investigated but when they have legitimate reasons to investigate Biden's son and don't it gives the appearance of being political.

trump is a rapist as well. he has managed to scare or out wait many of his accusers but his wife testified in a court of law. they would hang bill clinton in the park but give trump a pass. and i am not taking up for bill for the record.

Well, Trump himself has bragged about how he can get away with anything. 

How people continue giving him the benefit of doubt and excuse him him because he hasn't yet been convicted of a felony is beyond me. 

Obviously there is a lot going on here beyond justice.  (It reminds me of the O.J. trial, only in this case, instead of racial resentment over law enforcement, it's a cult protecting their leader who projects their resentment and sense of victimization.)

The fact that leader is using his followers solely for personal power and actually holds them in contempt is the irony.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

I am happy they are investigating, if this was above board or not. That is what the oversight committee should be doing. They have known about possible Hunter scandals for years and have never started a congressional investigation. The fact that the oversight committee which is run by Democrats has ignored Hunter where there has been a good bit of information pointing to impropriety  and what is worse impropriety with the Chinese who are our number 1 enemy makes this investigation look like it is political.  

I am not saying the investigation is political there may be a legitimate reasons this should be investigated but when they have legitimate reasons to investigate Biden's son and don't it gives the appearance of being political.

I suspect the only difference between the two cases is a matter of scale. 

No doubt Kushner's corruption is legal, strictly speaking.  Same for Hunter's.  This is just the way the world works at that level.

There may be a quid pro quo in either case, but it will never be revealed.

Edited by homersapien

He could also be prosecuted/sued civilly under SB8. Texas's anti-abortion law.

• Like 1

Jared Kushner was the top advisor to the President of the United States and masterminded numerous middle Eastern deals just a couple of years ago.

The highest government post Hunter Biden has ever held has been as vice-chairman of Amtrak under George W Bush. 

One of these people are vastly more important in terms of national security and national interest than the other. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if hunter Biden broke laws then investigate and punish him, I'm all for that, the FBI reportedly already has the famous "laptop" and information so let them and the IRS handle whatever it is they're looking into in terms of Biden. 

Also, don't worry, the top Republican member on the committee has already promised that when Republicans gain control of the House that he'll make sure investigations into Hunter Biden and Fauci are immediately launched. 

• Like 2

I tend to side with knowing more about what government is doing than less.  For example, I wasn't especially bothered by the Supreme Court leak of the working opinion overturning Roe.  Every situation is unique in itself.  Historically, the press has been a vital part of how the public holds elected officials accountable.

• Like 2

There is a possibility that the person at Mar-A-Lago who tipped off the FBI/DOJ about the existence of these document also told the Post what some of them were about.  Not necessarily a gov't employee or anyone at the FBI or DOJ.

• Like 1

"The Steele Dossier proved not to be a reliable document and probably should not have been used to start the investigation in the first place. I have always had a problem with that but what was worse was how much leaked information to the press throughout the investigation kept coming from Government employees breaking the law and there has never been an investigation on that aspect. Sadly I saw some of the same thing when Hillary was investigated. "

The Steele dossier was not the basis for opening the FBI investigation of Trump.  The investigation began under the premise of Russian interference.  Trump did not become a subject until Stone started telling people that Wikileaks was going to dump the DNC emails.  How he would know became in issue.

The Steel dossier was not leaked because, it was never a government document.  In fact, the press (leaked by Clinton campaign?) had the dossier long before the FBI and, did not report it because there was no way to confirm.

• Like 1

Jared Kushner was the top advisor to the President of the United States and masterminded numerous middle Eastern deals just a couple of years ago.

The highest government post Hunter Biden has ever held has been as vice-chairman of Amtrak under George W Bush. 

One of these people are vastly more important in terms of national security and national interest than the other. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if hunter Biden broke laws then investigate and punish him, I'm all for that, the FBI reportedly already has the famous "laptop" and information so let them and the IRS handle whatever it is they're looking into in terms of Biden. 

Also, don't worry, the top Republican member on the committee has already promised that when Republicans gain control of the House that he'll make sure investigations into Hunter Biden and Fauci are immediately launched. 

You made my point Republicans will investigate the Democrat and the Democrats will investigate the Republicans. As I originally said I have no problem with them investigating Kushner.  Considering all the people that Hunter did business who were given access to the Vice President of the US as we have seen with recently released WH records and things on the lap top there was ample reason for Congress to investigate Hunter. Not investigating both makes it look political. If the Republicans take over the House and Kushner investigation is still ongoing they should finish it.